• Blitz Shadow Player
  • Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Indragnir's mods: News, files, updates, teasers, bug fixing and ramblings.
04-25-2021, 09:09 PM, (This post was last modified: 04-27-2021, 05:16 AM by Indragnir.)
RE: Indragnir's mods: News, files, updates, teasers, bug fixing and ramblings.
(04-19-2021, 05:26 PM)Fhil Wrote: Great news regarding the Stalingrad work César!

That campaign is way too far from the real situation :/ A,B quality German units without any logistics problems, well supplied and without fatigue, not speaking about all the OOB errors etc. The only playable scenarios are those small ones, HTH approved, and the Winter Storm scenario. There is definitely a lot of new sources since it was released. Really looking forward to your take on it!

I´ve been working on an early campaign - Don battles in July/August myself for quite some time now, though the truth is I was not very productive since the new year. We might share some stuff, like before  Helmet Wink

Filip, of course we might.

Brian Jennings did a quality review on my Budapest and helped me to fix some oversights and a missconception on Gruppe Pape.

Link:
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/urglazansod9z...xIg-a?dl=0
Quote this message in a reply
04-26-2021, 02:03 AM, (This post was last modified: 04-26-2021, 05:30 AM by Indragnir.)
(04-25-2021, 09:09 PM)Indragnir Wrote:
(04-19-2021, 05:26 PM)Fhil Wrote: Great news regarding the Stalingrad work César!

That campaign is way too far from the real situation :/ A,B quality German units without any logistics problems, well supplied and without fatigue, not speaking about all the OOB errors etc. The only playable scenarios are those small ones, HTH approved, and the Winter Storm scenario. There is definitely a lot of new sources since it was released. Really looking forward to your take on it!

I´ve been working on an early campaign - Don battles in July/August myself for quite some time now, though the truth is I was not very productive since the new year. We might share some stuff, like before  Helmet Wink

Filip, of course we might.

Brian Jennings did a quality review on my Budapest and helped me to fix some oversights and a missconception on Gruppe Pape.

Link:

Be sure to re-download all files since Brian caught a cavalry division unfixed. Updated a second time at GMT 19.30
04-27-2021, 05:15 AM, (This post was last modified: 04-27-2021, 10:42 PM by Indragnir.)
Updated Budapest to 1.01 Don't forget to download and update your files.

The reasons for that sudden surge of updates is in part because I found out 2 Gold Hi-Res patch issues had affected the scenario:
Any mortar unit inside a "sub-folder" in the OOB will report as unable to fire. If the same unit is just listed under the general "folder" of their unit all would be ok. I did this with all mortars in game but it seems I forgot 3rd Mortar Brigade under 46th Army.

The changes below includes v1.00a and v1.01 (with the help of Brian Jennings, thank you sir.)
v1.01
-Mortar issue
-Spread a little 1st Guards Fortified Region and Budapest Groupping.
-Some new TRENCHES for 1st Guards Fortified Region.
-Fixed some discrepancies regarding artillery values in Axis side.
-Fixed errors in some artillery units lacking IF tag in the OOB. (German Infantry Guns and Danube flotilla ship)
-Fixed all Artillery 150mm or greater not being Heavy Artillery. (most of Axis and russian 152mm How.)
-Fixed Gruppe Pape engineers lacking the Bridge tag in the OOB.
-Corrected an error in the composition of Gruppe Pape. (now it has attached Half-track PzGr, Self-Propelled Artillery and Engs btls from 6th & 8th Panzer Divisions.)
-Corrected nationality in a couple of units (2 small SS units marked as Heer/Hungarian.)
-Corrected 3rd Ukranian Front Artillery were unable to support formations outside the same formation.
-Corrected some germans and soviet units not being fixed on turn 1 (Flak, SS.Aufk.Abt.5 and soviet 12th Guards Cavalry Division.)

Link:
04-27-2021, 07:52 AM,
Are you sure about the second one, sir? As far as I know, it is not a separate percentage but a modifier to the usual replacement. So, by setting them 0, units simply won't have any replacements.
:(
04-27-2021, 10:41 PM,
(04-27-2021, 07:52 AM)unonimus Wrote: Are you sure about the second one, sir? As far as I know, it is not a separate percentage but a modifier to the usual replacement. So, by setting them 0, units simply won't have any replacements.

Oh well, you're right. Live and learn I presume. Thank you!
Fixed now.
06-06-2021, 12:24 AM, (This post was last modified: 06-06-2021, 12:27 AM by Indragnir.)
Today I explore one of my favourite parts of researching (and modding): the rare weapons/units.

Having researched extensively the german OOB in the last two months I gathered some interesting items.

[Image: biqPOCi.jpg]

This is the Wurfgerät 41 on artillery carriage. This strange device had a 6 28cm rockets canister to bombard the enemy.
11. Panzer Division had 6 of those.

[Image: GNOE8zo.jpg]

This is the rare 5cm Flak 41. Intended to cover the gap between the 3.7cm and the heavy 8.8cm. Not a great success. It was mainly located with the III./FAS Flak btl.

[Image: hRgKPlj.png]
This one is the stock version of a component called 15cm s.IG (sfl). The true vehicles was this one:

[Image: pXi9SSk.jpg]
sIG 33 auf Pz III was the true name. Bison called sometimes. DAK sIG 33 auf Pz III were different because they had almost no casemate.
There were more of those vehicles since XXXXVIII PzK received a dozen for the relief attempt under Sturm IG Bttr/Lehr.Abt.17 which is missing.

Next post I will post about Balkas and how they are underrepresented in the scenario. (in almost every scenario where the Balka is a "Yar" type)
06-06-2021, 12:18 PM,
[quote pid="445021" dateline="1622903067"]

This one is the stock version of a component called 15cm s.IG (sfl). The true vehicles was this one:

sIG 33 auf Pz III was the true name. Bison called sometimes. DAK sIG 33 auf Pz III were different because they had almost no casemate.
There were more of those vehicles since XXXXVIII PzK received a dozen for the relief attempt under Sturm IG Bttr/Lehr.Abt.17 which is missing.

Next post I will post about Balkas and how they are underrepresented in the scenario. (in almost every scenario where the Balka is a "Yar" type)

[/quote]

If the above graphic was applied to sIG 33 auf PZ III then that's an issue with the graphics coordinator whoever used that game image - that is clearly a 15 cm sIG 33 (auf Pzkw I Ausf B) - the type used in the Blitzkrieg years as an early form of German self-propelled artillery ... however I believe it couldn't really be used for indirect fire.
Bydand
Send this user an email
06-06-2021, 04:14 PM, (This post was last modified: 06-06-2021, 04:22 PM by Indragnir.)
(06-06-2021, 12:18 PM)_72z Wrote: [quote pid="445021" dateline="1622903067"]

Next post I will post about Balkas and how they are underrepresented in the scenario. (in almost every scenario where the Balka is a "Yar" type)[/color

If the above graphic was applied to sIG 33 auf PZ III then that's an issue with the graphics coordinator whoever used that game image - that is clearly a 15 cm sIG 33 (auf Pzkw I Ausf B) - the type used in the Blitzkrieg years as an early form of German self-propelled artillery ... however I believe it couldn't really be used for indirect fire.

To be honest I think they thougth the vehicles were auf Pzkw I Ausf B, most common than the later, since only 24 were built.
Yesterday I forgot mention in rare units, so let's fix it.

LW Schwere units:
1./s.LW.J.G.Batl.I(300 men, 45x le.MG, 18x s.MG, 2x le.GrW, 4x s.GrW.
) A single company with such enormous firepower! 

4./s.LW.J.G.Batl.I [Also known as Flak Kampftrupp Daiber. Note this unit is spelled as Daiber, Daibert, Dalber, Deibert, Deiber]

4./s.Fla.MG-Btl.Z 66 (mot) It had 5 officers and 230 men. This Kompanie was truly unique, being the only one of its type in existence. It was formed from young, elite paratroopers and contained four platoons: two were equipped with 5cm anti-tank guns: the other two with 2cm anti-aircraft guns.

Estonian Schuma.Abt.36 "Arensburg" (447 men they gained 42 Iron Crosses alone durng the battle)

Gruppe Von Pannwitz: Cossacks from Ataman Pavlov's Self-Defense Forces organized into the Kalmücken Schwadrons (I & II./16 and I & II./66) More than 1000 cossacks.

Karpovka Garrison. (Alexandru Serbanescu, who had a lot of infantry experience, organized the defence of the airfield. He used the two romanian AAA batteries (one 37 mm and one 75 mm battery) and the guns on the airplanes, which were raised on barrels, plus two companies of Feldbattaillon Immelmann to repulse the initial Soviet assault. Throughout the morning, most of the attacking Soviet rifle divisions had failed to break through Romanian defenses until sufficiently supported by tanks and cavalry.)

[/quote]
06-07-2021, 11:35 PM, (This post was last modified: 06-07-2021, 11:37 PM by Indragnir.)
And finally the last (I think) of this series.

LW Fla.MG.Abt.614. with AA machine gun and Flakpanzer I. This btl was originally H.Flak.Abt.614 but it was disbanded and some of their elements ended in that new formation that was the one trapped at Stalingrad.
It was found quite useful for infantry support, due to its high rate of fire and extreme accuracy, like all 2cm Flak 38 guns. (That's why I put them in SA range 2 usually)
We don't know how many Flakpanzer I were in the unit but only 24 were built and since Pz I engine and suspension was quite poor so it's likely not a great number. The last one was destroyed at Stalingrad in early 1943

[Image: Y2P1SP3.png]
06-11-2021, 10:07 PM,
Today is the turn for Balkas.

Balka is the name russian give to a type of small valley. Dry or with a temporary watercourse, slopes usually covered in grass. In the steppe regions balkas may form dry riverbeds.
They can be of 3 types. The one that insterest me is the "Yar" type. Yar Balkas are deep, steeped, making all motorized-mechanized-HW movement impossible without Engineers help.

Look at this pic, this a real Balka near the famous Red Star farm in the Chir river where the XXXXVIII PzK fought off dozens of soviets attempts to breach the left flank

[Image: TmyP444.jpg]

That kind of terrain is usually overlooked in PzC scenarios. The "Yar" type is treated like an AT Ditch. Once the engineers breach it counts as a normal hex.

Below the updated map area

[Image: vLAt7NY.png]

You will notice some more locations that were missing.