• Blitz Shadow Player
  • Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Indragnir's mods: News, files, updates, teasers, bug fixing and ramblings.
01-21-2023, 07:20 AM,
RE: Indragnir's mods: News, files, updates, teasers, bug fixing and ramblings.
Hello, Indragnir! I have wanted to begin a Korea'85 campaign as well so I might as well shoot some questions I have now: you make mention in this thread as well as the manual of "All NKPA Infantry division had motor vehicles for a fast invasion", and for South Korea "All Infantry division had a pool motor vehicles for a faster movement", but as far as I am able to see no such movement modifier is applied when these infantry divisions enter travel mode? In these cases, do you just mean the engineers and recon assets, together with other motorized support? IIRC, NK has 3 motorized divisions in Second Echelon, but that is all I can think of besides Ind. armored brigades etc.

Secondly, I am not too familiar with how onmap reinforcements work. If we were to say that NK forces reach the southern map edge and exit for a further advance towards Pusan, would that mean american reinforcements will spawn behind them?
Quote this message in a reply
01-21-2023, 10:22 PM, (This post was last modified: 01-21-2023, 10:27 PM by Indragnir.)
(01-21-2023, 07:20 AM)JulesVerne Wrote: Hello, Indragnir! I have wanted to begin a Korea'85 campaign as well so I might as well shoot some questions I have now: you make mention in this thread as well as the manual of "All NKPA Infantry division had motor vehicles for a fast invasion", and for South Korea "All Infantry division had a pool motor vehicles for a faster movement", but as far as I am able to see no such movement modifier is applied when these infantry divisions enter travel mode? In these cases, do you just mean the engineers and recon assets, together with other motorized support? IIRC, NK has 3 motorized divisions in Second Echelon, but that is all I can think of besides Ind. armored brigades etc.

Secondly, I am not too familiar with how onmap reinforcements work. If we were to say that NK forces reach the southern map edge and exit for a further advance towards Pusan, would that mean american reinforcements will spawn behind them?

Hi,

I somewhat messed up versions... your're playing v.1.00 or v1.00a despite the scenario name is labelled as v.100d. I've checked it on the game build. Later versions I caught "bugs" (including the lack of motorization)... I should have provided those files to WDS but I managed to miss them.

Check link https://www.dropbox.com/sh/urglazansod9z...xIg-a?dl=0
for an updated 1.00e (which is like v.100d but with helos being on map again) Download and overwrite all files.

Those files are NOT compatible with those on the game build so you must back up for older files. Your actual game will crash if you overwrite your files. You need to start a new campaign to play v.100e.

I'm sorry for all of the above.

PS: Regarding your second question, US Reinforcements have NO protection hexes, so if you manage to reach that area and you put a unit on their designated entry points they can not deploy, simulating no port is available to land the heavy metal.
01-22-2023, 02:09 AM, (This post was last modified: 01-22-2023, 02:10 AM by JulesVerne.)
Well, it is all working as intended now! Thank you for the very quick response. I even see the command range of NK armored divisions has been fixed.

Out of curiosity, why did you revert back from the Bolt 10.0-like representation of helicopters?
01-22-2023, 04:31 AM,
(01-22-2023, 02:09 AM)JulesVerne Wrote: Well, it is all working as intended now! Thank you for the very quick response. I even see the command range of NK armored divisions has been fixed.

Out of curiosity, why did you revert back from the Bolt 10.0-like representation of helicopters?

They could be used to strike distant HQ located by SIGINT, even long range artillery in the rear.

It's a bit cumbersome house ruling them: how many hexes deep is a valid target for a helo strike? Let's see how they work as on map.
01-24-2023, 06:32 AM,
I have gotten a game going and it is great fun, but one more question (Sorry!) has popped up for me, are the corps and division level mortars meant to have no indirect fire spotters? They seem rather ineffective.
01-24-2023, 09:03 AM, (This post was last modified: 01-24-2023, 09:03 AM by Indragnir.)
(01-24-2023, 06:32 AM)JulesVerne Wrote: I have gotten a game going and it is great fun, but one more question (Sorry!) has popped up for me, are the corps and division level mortars meant to have no indirect fire spotters? They seem rather ineffective.

Oh no the everlasting mortar bug again... There's a bug with mortars under parent formations (artillery regiment in the Divisions) it was supposed fixed if the mortar unit was not breakdown...
The only way to fix without crashing your game is changing Mortars (type) to Rocket (type) since the bug only affects mortars.

The other only fix is removing all mortars, adding them directly under HQ level and redeploying on map, including reinforcements, fixing (time consuming) and that will crash your ongoing game.
So let's pretend mortars are rockets in disguise for now...

If further things pop up I will release a v1.00f eventualy.

Download OOB and overwrite. It should work now.
01-27-2023, 09:43 PM,
I just had something very strange happen in my game. I did excactly as you told me in your post after I had sent my first round off to my opponent. Then I loaded up your scenario against the computer and indirect fire spotter for mortars were working, no poblem. However, I now get my opponents turn back and once his replay is over, I get the end screen! North Korea major defeat, scenario time limit reached. Even more baffling, the fog of war is not lifted so I am still only able to see my own troops. What gives?
01-28-2023, 07:14 PM,
(01-27-2023, 09:43 PM)JulesVerne Wrote: I just had something very strange happen in my game. I did excactly as you told me in your post after I had sent my first round off to my opponent. Then I loaded up your scenario against the computer and indirect fire spotter for mortars were working, no poblem. However, I now get my opponents turn back and once his replay is over, I get the end screen! North Korea major defeat, scenario time limit reached. Even more baffling, the fog of war is not lifted so I am still only able to see my own troops. What gives?

Try replaying your last turn (from your opponent non-crashing last turn) with both players having updated OOB. TBH sounds like a weird glitch to me.
07-17-2023, 02:04 AM,
Hi Indragnir,

There seems to be a problem with the Stalingrad scenario. The german light Infantry guns can't fire because they apparently do not have an indirect fire spotter.
07-22-2023, 06:15 PM,
(07-17-2023, 02:04 AM)Dodo98 Wrote: Hi Indragnir,

There seems to be a problem with the Stalingrad scenario. The german light Infantry guns can't fire because they apparently do not have an indirect fire spotter.

Hi,
Which ones? Divisional ones?