• Blitz Shadow Player
  • Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Indragnir's mods: News, files, updates, teasers, bug fixing and ramblings.
09-24-2022, 04:48 PM,
RE: Indragnir's mods: News, files, updates, teasers, bug fixing and ramblings.
(09-24-2022, 11:19 AM)Ricky B Wrote: I think it simply requires being adjacent to impassable hexes to have an exit hex. But I may be thinking of withdrawal off the map from an edge hex?

I tried withdrawing off the map units from Mesina and got a message such as invalid hex for that command. That's why I modified the map.
Tbh I don't know how F'40 manages to do so. Maybe a special feature for the game?
Quote this message in a reply
09-25-2022, 12:18 AM,
(09-24-2022, 04:48 PM)Indragnir Wrote:
(09-24-2022, 11:19 AM)Ricky B Wrote: I think it simply requires being adjacent to impassable hexes to have an exit hex. But I may be thinking of withdrawal off the map from an edge hex?

I tried withdrawing off the map units from Mesina and got a message such as invalid hex for that command. That's why I modified the map.
Tbh I don't know how F'40 manages to do so. Maybe a special feature for the game?
It has something to do with the hex being designated an "exit hex". If you try use the "Remove From Map" command on units that are not on an exit hex, you get the message, "Units are not on a valid hex". See below.
[Image: Dunkerque%20Evac.jpg]
09-25-2022, 07:47 PM, (This post was last modified: 09-25-2022, 07:48 PM by Indragnir.)
(09-25-2022, 12:18 AM)LordDeadwood Wrote:

It has something to do with the hex being designated an "exit hex". If you try use the "Remove From Map" command on units that are not on an exit hex, you get the message, "Units are not on a valid hex". See below.

I see. However that's an Exit VP, so the exiting player gets VP, the scenario is not balanced around that. That would force a total rebalance of every single VP location -lower value- while guessing -very roughly- how many units will the german player will exit. Also I should recheck every released unit to avoid the Axis player using Italian formations to cash VP.

While I don't rule it out in the long term, I have no time for that kind of work right now... unless you want I delay my working on a new PzC game (I can't disclose anything at the moment, sorry)  Wink Whistle
09-26-2022, 05:40 AM,
(09-25-2022, 07:47 PM)Indragnir Wrote:
(09-25-2022, 12:18 AM)LordDeadwood Wrote:

I see. However that's an Exit VP, so the exiting player gets VP, the scenario is not balanced around that. That would force a total rebalance of every single VP location -lower value- while guessing -very roughly- how many units will the german player will exit. Also I should recheck every released unit to avoid the Axis player using Italian formations to cash VP.

While I don't rule it out in the long term, I have no time for that kind of work right now... unless you want I delay my working on a new PzC game (I can't disclose anything at the moment, sorry)  Wink Whistle
No problem. I think it would add something to the scenario but I do understand the level of work it would entail. Perhaps some day... The game is very good as it is, I am enjoying it very much. Thanks for all your efforts!
12-22-2022, 06:17 AM,
Hi Indragnir,

Korea 85 question --> In your version of the campaign scenario, minebelt in DMZ was raised from level 1 to 3, but the number of sappers on the North Korea side remained basically the same. It is usually one unit with a strength of 280 men per division, sometimes with the addition of a company of 76 men. These units are being quickly routed by enemy infantry and artillery and the mines cannot be cleared. I really don't know how to pass this minebelt without taking many losses. Are you assumend that the North Korean forces are to move straight throught this minebelt without regard to losses?
12-22-2022, 08:07 AM,
(12-22-2022, 06:17 AM)The_General Wrote: Hi Indragnir,

Korea 85 question --> In your version of the campaign scenario, minebelt in DMZ was raised from level 1 to 3, but the number of sappers on the North Korea side remained basically the same. It is usually one unit with a strength of 280 men per division, sometimes with the addition of a company of 76 men. These units are being quickly routed by enemy infantry and artillery and the mines cannot be cleared. I really don't know how to pass this minebelt without taking many losses. Are you assumend that the North Korean forces are to move straight throught this minebelt without regard to losses?

Hi,

That's the case indeed, NKPA had (and have) no regards to losses. Speed it's the key for them, such was the plan (capture the ports before USA forces could arrive.) and that's why NKPA it's motorized in my mod. You must ignore the minebelt.
BTW the minebelt is an abstraction for prepared firing positions, kill zones and such.
Consider that if ROKA artillery is fired upon engineers to rout them, your armor, infantry and tunnel-crossing troops will have a better time.
12-22-2022, 08:11 AM,
Stalingrad mod has been updated to 1.01, here it is the changeslog:

-Congestions near Bol'shoy moved to the west. Now won't be used to defend the village.
-Added two supply sources closer to the action for Soviets: one for 5th Tank Army (Izbushenskiy main road) and another one for 21st Army (Kletskaya.)
-Added two very low supply sources in the rear of Axis, west of Don to allow soviet mechanized units to push forward without being isolated if the german close on the flanks of the penetration.
-Red Oktober Factory is now a PILLBOX.
-Moved closer to Kletskaya 3rd Guards Cavalry Corps and 4th Tank Corps.
-4th Tank Corps starts the game unfixed.
-Night Disruption set to 20 from 60.

Fixed:
-22 Panzer Division B quality now (from A)
-Cavalry (infantry) Speed is 8 for Soviet and 7 for Romanian now. (from 6)
-20th Romanian Division (some) artillery lacking indirect Fire tag.
-Movement penalty for Tracked units under Snow condition lowered.

No need to download any file, it's updated on the 4.01 build.
12-22-2022, 11:18 PM,
(12-22-2022, 08:07 AM)Hi, Wrote: That's the case indeed, NKPA had (and have) no regards to losses. Speed it's the key for them, such was the plan (capture the ports before USA forces could arrive.) and that's why NKPA it's motorized in my mod. You must ignore the minebelt.
BTW the minebelt is an abstraction for prepared firing positions, kill zones and such.
Consider that if ROKA artillery is fired upon engineers to rout them, your armor, infantry and tunnel-crossing troops will have a better time.

OK, thanks. I'm going to try your scenario in a PBEM game and see how it goes.
12-30-2022, 11:30 PM,
(12-22-2022, 11:18 PM)The_General Wrote:
(12-22-2022, 08:07 AM)Hi, Wrote: That's the case indeed, NKPA had (and have) no regards to losses. Speed it's the key for them, such was the plan (capture the ports before USA forces could arrive.) and that's why NKPA it's motorized in my mod. You must ignore the minebelt.

Let me know how it goes for you.
01-01-2023, 01:53 AM,
(12-30-2022, 11:30 PM)Indragnir Wrote:
(12-22-2022, 11:18 PM)The_General Wrote:

Let me know how it goes for you.

Just realized I didn't send WDS the updated files for Korea'85 Variant. So you must download the files from the first post link to update. Notice scenario has a slightly different name. (New is: #0615_01_Campaign VARIANT 1 HTH v1.00d, old is: #0615_01_Campaign_1_VARIANT)
Overwrite any file when prompted.