• Blitz Shadow Player
  • Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Indragnir's mods: News, files, updates, teasers, bug fixing and ramblings.
03-04-2022, 09:24 PM,
RE: Indragnir's mods: News, files, updates, teasers, bug fixing and ramblings.
(03-02-2022, 09:12 AM)LordDeadwood Wrote: ...And a few more minor issues (all American):
 - The A sqdn./82 Armored Recon Btl/2nd Armored Div: the unit has a small icon on the unit card with the recon symbol (and the white dot), but the counter symbol is mech. infantry, and the unit has no recon ability.
 - The Light Tank Squadron of the same unit has a small icon with an armor symbol (and no white dot) on the unit card, while the counter has the recon symbol and the unit does have recon ability.
 - The 1st recon troop/1st ID has a recon symbol (with dot) on the unit card but the counter symbol is mech inf., and the unit has no recon ability. In addition, the unit seems to be "foot" class, with a speed of 4.

Just curious: why do the various regimental/CC commands of the 2nd Armored have different division colors?

-Colors on 2nd AD: All formations under a CC/TF/KG have different colors from parent formation.

-The A sqdn./82 Armored Recon Btl/2nd Armored Div & The 1st recon troop/1st ID.
A bug, they're marked as Recon now.
Counter symbols should be now Recon Mech.

-The 1st recon troop/1st IDIn addition, the unit seems to be "foot" class, with a speed of 4.
In my OOB they're on soft Half-Track so it's very likely the unit is "On foot" (command menu) and can be re-motorized just putting them in the same hex than the Divisional HQ units. It's intentional.
Counter symbol should be now Recon Mech.

-The Light Tank Squadron
It's intended they're marked as Recon. They're are hard target with Tracked movement hence Armor symbol.

-Regarding the rest of counter and symbols, to be honest I don't make them so I cannot fix those issues. I presume the white dot on recon units are only for infantry and armored cars? It's clear tracked recon have not.

OOB updated so download again. It won't break your game, the only change is Infantry Recon (Armd) is now Recon instead of Infantry.

Hope it helps.
Quote this message in a reply
03-08-2022, 07:16 AM,
Couple of more "Fixed" units: A/17 Arm Engineer Btl, and 14th Arm. Art. Bn. arrived fixed. I missed your last update for the engineers (again), so let's try this one more time... set the release for ALL the fixed units for 12:00 12 July. That is several turns in the future, and I will not start that turn until I get the update. Thanks for all the help.
03-09-2022, 03:50 AM, (This post was last modified: 03-09-2022, 03:50 AM by Indragnir.)
(03-08-2022, 07:16 AM)LordDeadwood Wrote: Couple of more "Fixed" units: A/17 Arm Engineer Btl, and 14th Arm. Art. Bn. arrived fixed. I missed your last update for the engineers (again), so let's try this one more time...  set the release for ALL the fixed units for 12:00 12 July. That is several turns in the future, and I will not start that turn until I get the update. Thanks for all the help.

Done.
It seems I was hitting F button instead of D button while editting. I think I've checked all other so everything should be fine now.
Backup your scenario file since I detected (and fixed) a couple of understrength Axis HQs (Arditi and FJR4) . It shouldn't affect your game but you know. In case it messes your game just send me your backed up file and will roll back the changes.
03-10-2022, 07:30 AM,
(03-09-2022, 03:50 AM)Indragnir Wrote:
(03-08-2022, 07:16 AM)LordDeadwood Wrote: Couple of more "Fixed" units: A/17 Arm Engineer Btl, and 14th Arm. Art. Bn. arrived fixed. I missed your last update for the engineers (again), so let's try this one more time...  set the release for ALL the fixed units for 12:00 12 July. That is several turns in the future, and I will not start that turn until I get the update. Thanks for all the help.

Done.
It seems I was hitting F button instead of D button while editting. I think I've checked all other so everything should be fine now.
Backup your scenario file since I detected (and fixed) a couple of understrength Axis HQs (Arditi and FJR4) . It shouldn't affect your game but you know. In case it messes your game just send me your backed up file and will roll back the changes.
I don't think this is working... the units still show as fixed. After thinking about it for a while it seems to me that in order to fix this problem you would have to modify the .bte file, correct? The .bte file is structured just like the scenario file, has the same type of information... and once the game is started it becomes the scenario file. The releases would have to come from there I think. Since our game is encrypted I don't think this is possible. Although those units will be missed, I don't think they're critical enough to start the game over. But I will keep you updated if I find any more discrepancies for future corrections. I appreciate your help and the scenario is great!
03-10-2022, 08:29 AM,
That is correct - changing the scenario status for fixed units won't impact the game file.
[Image: exercise.png]
03-10-2022, 11:11 AM,
(03-10-2022, 08:29 AM)Ricky B Wrote: That is correct - changing the scenario status for fixed units won't impact the game file.
Thanks for the confirmation Ricky.
03-11-2022, 01:42 AM,
(03-10-2022, 07:30 AM)LordDeadwood Wrote: I don't think this is working... the units still show as fixed. After thinking about it for a while it seems to me that in order to fix this problem you would have to modify the .bte file, correct? The .bte file is structured just like the scenario file, has the same type of information... and once the game is started it becomes the scenario file. The releases would have to come from there I think. Since our game is encrypted I don't think this is possible. Although those units will be missed, I don't think they're critical enough to start the game over. But I will keep you updated if I find any more discrepancies for future corrections. I appreciate your help and the scenario is great!

I'm sorry for the inconveniences. I usually double check the scenario. Sicily however I finished under some sight troubles, it's clear to me I was hitting Fixing button instead of Disrupted button in those units and didn't realize when checking on the Schedule dialog.

Hope you enjoy the game and thank you for pointing me out those errors.
04-03-2022, 09:08 PM,
Found another issue. Turn 46 Allied reinforcements, USS Trippe and the A/70 Tank battalion appear at hex 312, 137 - the supply hex in Syracuse!
[Image: Clipboard01.jpg]
This is a problem for both units - The tank battalion is miles away from any other unit in its division, and the destroyer can't move. The tanks are on their way back to their division, but the USS Trippe will be in dry dock for the remainder of the campaign!
04-26-2022, 12:24 AM,
(04-03-2022, 09:08 PM)LordDeadwood Wrote: Found another issue. Turn 46 Allied reinforcements, USS Trippe and the A/70 Tank battalion appear at hex 312, 137 - the supply hex in Syracuse!
[Image: Clipboard01.jpg]
This is a problem for both units - The tank battalion is miles away from any other unit in its division, and the destroyer can't move. The tanks are on their way back to their division, but the USS Trippe will be in dry dock for the remainder of the campaign!

Thank you. Fixed now.
05-08-2022, 09:13 PM,
Houston, we have a problem...  Wink
[Image: Problem.jpg]
This is the 3-29th Infantry Btn., appearing on turn 75. I hope those boys can tread water... This ones gonna hurt, I really could have used those guys!