• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

What are you SB guys looking for?
08-10-2020, 07:23 PM,
RE: What are you SB guys looking for?
Just a couple of teasers. Having fun with these.

.pdf   401216-El Buro Hacha.pdf (Size: 791.83 KB / Downloads: 36)

.pdf   400611-Saint-Valery-en-Caux.pdf (Size: 1.23 MB / Downloads: 13)

Best regards,
Ash
Send this user an email
Quote this message in a reply
08-11-2020, 06:18 AM,
(08-10-2020, 10:21 AM)kolc Wrote: Been a long time player of the SB series so I do appreciate all efforts to keep it going. As always it is my "goto" game for PBEM. Really do like seeing the lesser known campaigns and "minor" nation troops. Really fits into the SB scale. Not playing too much PBEM lately but will likely get more games going as summer turns to fall.
Awesome, hopefully will have some new toys for you to play with soon!
Meine Ehre heisst Treue

http://www.cslegion.com/
08-11-2020, 12:51 PM,
(08-10-2020, 07:23 PM)Ashcloud Wrote: Just a couple of teasers. Having fun with these.

Best regards,
Ash

oooohhhh....I want!
08-17-2020, 06:52 AM,
I love SB. It is certainly not dead to me.
08-17-2020, 06:56 AM,
(08-17-2020, 06:52 AM)todk Wrote: I love SB.  It is certainly not dead to me.

Real good to hear!!
Meine Ehre heisst Treue

08-17-2020, 12:44 PM,
More than you know Warhorse, I'm liking this game more everyday and I just started!! Smile
08-17-2020, 05:28 PM,
1) Disrupted status needs to be visible on the counters. Disrupted is probably the most important status in the Squad Battles series, and yet you have to click through the individual units' unit cards to see it. This is the number one game breaker for me.

2) Squad Battles multiplayer suffers a lot from the fact that the defences are mostly static. Most scenarios are puzzles for the attacking player, while the defending player is just sitting in place and directing his fires. A system in which the players were given certain objectives and had to decide for themselves where to place their troops (ideally even "buy" their troops! like in Combat Mission) would make Squad Battles an interesting multiplayer title.
08-18-2020, 07:37 AM,
(08-17-2020, 05:28 PM)Mowgli Wrote: 1) Disrupted status needs to be visible on the counters. Disrupted is probably the most important status in the Squad Battles series, and yet you have to click through the individual units' unit cards to see it. This is the number one game breaker for me.

2) Squad Battles multiplayer suffers a lot from the fact that the defences are mostly static. Most scenarios are puzzles for the attacking player, while the defending player is just sitting in place and directing his fires. A system in which the players were given certain objectives and had to decide for themselves where to place their troops (ideally even "buy" their troops! like in Combat Mission) would make Squad Battles an interesting multiplayer title.

You will find that almost all the scenario's in the mod me and some folks are working on will have plenty of fluid scenario's!! I'm not big on sitting still, and there are more realistic combat results now as well, not shooting forever to get one guy. We have about 20 scenario's so far, but want a few more until I release first phase, Blitzkrieg/early war.
Meine Ehre heisst Treue

08-19-2020, 03:15 PM, (This post was last modified: 08-19-2020, 03:16 PM by Mowgli.)
That's good to hear. Maybe my impressions are limited by the fact that I prefer to play quite small scenarios - I don't go any higher than company(+) level. More scenarios that are dynamic for the defender and are tailored to PBEM play would be nice to have. I mean it's just natural that moving around is not the best idea in a fire combat, if you're in a prepared position. That's why some kind of "deployment" phase (setting up the positions in the first place) or in general a more "sandbox"-like approach to PBEM games (perhaps even buying troops from a point budget) could make Squad Battles much more interesting, I think.
09-24-2020, 07:09 AM,
(08-07-2020, 11:00 AM)Warhorse Wrote: I just visited this page for like the umpteenth time today, and saw there were 20 guests, but no posts?! What are you guys doing/looking for? Some input would be good, I would love this series to thrive, am trying hard to advance it, but seems to be a dead end. There will be a lot of complaining about the top down stuff, but when I post anything about introducing the Blitzkrieg or any enhancements, there is NO input, what gives? If it is to be a dead end, I will just go away, and let this thing die, I love the series and would love to perpetuate it for a long time to come, but it seems a brick wall.

I want new scenes for the sb games and keep em coming