• Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Pursuit of Glory—the Middle East – 2020
08-06-2020, 07:10 AM, (This post was last modified: 08-19-2020, 12:26 PM by Scud.)
Write a Note  Pursuit of Glory—the Middle East – 2020
Pursuit of Glory—the Middle East – 2020 Tournament

First round scenario is Jason Petho's "Shuneri at the Crossroads" (0-0-0). All optional rules on including fog-of-war and Extreme Assault (EA), except  NO Variable Visibility (VV), per designer's briefing.

This is a mirrored tournament, you will play two games at once, one as side A, one as side B. Tally your points in case of a draw, the higher score will be the winner.

Players should expect to finish by September 9, 2020, based on ~3 turns a week. Please do your best so we can keep the tournament moving forward.

First round bracket is as follows. Please establish email contact with your opponent. Players in green get a bye this round.

[Image: ME-bracket1.jpg]

The Rules

(These rules are tentative and subject to change, pending participant input)

NOTE: All participants must be on the latest release of CSME (v2.01) available at Matrixgames.com. If you own it, updates are available under "my subscriptions" on your page.

Tournament will start on or about August 15, 2020. We will be simultaneously playing mirrored games, so you will play two games at once (a match), one as the Side A player and one as the Side B player. If both players receive the same victory levels, then the one with the higher points will be declared the winner of the two-game match.

This will be a double-elimination tournament. Two two-game matches, resulting in two match losses will mean you're out.

We will be playing unplayed scenarios. So we're beta testing. Expect some pretty bad ones. :-) I urge players to fill out reports on what they thought about each scenario when reporting their game results.

All rules will follow the designers briefing recommendations. If no briefing or recommendations, then all optional rules on, except Extreme Assault (EA) and Variable Visibility (VV).

Non-Combatants:

1. Any non-combatant may be removed from the map. Non-combat units are any units that cannot fire and/or assault., i.e. unarmed trucks, wagons, horses. The idea here is less fodder to worry about = potentially faster turn rate = faster tournament.
  2. Non-combat transport units cannot be used to surround, block movement, block line of sight, draw opportunity fire, or perform "recon" duties.

Please Remember and Play the Blitz's Eric Bonner Rule:
Play the way the late Eric Bonner would play. He never used "gamey" tactics. He always played fair. He always enjoyed the experience and the camaraderie he felt towards his opponent, more than a win. To Eric, a ladder stat was just not that important. Have fun.

All players, please make note. This is a tournament and it will be greatly appreciated by all players involved to keep moving it forward. Your turn rate is of the upmost importance. We all realize that Real Life (RL) takes precedence over any gaming. However, a lot of you have background games going on at the time of this tournament behind the scenes and we all understand and appreciate that. When this tournament starts we ask that any game turn received back from an opponent within this tournament take precedence over the other games you are playing. In other words, tournament game turns should be played first in order to keep this tourney going. We make this suggestion in order to keep this tournament moving forward and fun for all. Good luck to all!

Regards,

Scud (Dave Bracken) 
Resolve then, that on this very ground, with small flags waving and tinny blasts on tiny trumpets, we shall meet the enemy, and not only may he be ours, he may be us. --Walt Kelly
Send this user an email
Quote this message in a reply
08-27-2020, 07:12 AM,
RE: Pursuit of Glory—the Middle East – 2020
Slight delay.. rough time at work, young mech (27) committed suicide last Thurs.. they found him Sat. nite.. :(
I been doing the clean up. soon as I clear my head, I'll return turns.

Dev
Faith Divides Us, Death Unites Us.... "We were never to say die or surrender" -- Chard
09-05-2020, 10:15 AM,
The world keeps on turning.. can't turn back time and wish for a better outcome, like the save games allow us.
Back on track a bit better, even tho the workload has increased tenfold, I should be able to get turns rolling again this weekend and going forward.
Apologies for the delays.

Dev
Faith Divides Us, Death Unites Us.... "We were never to say die or surrender" -- Chard
09-05-2020, 10:48 AM,
Rock on Dev!!!

Just get 'er done I know you have what it takes bro in these difficult times!! 

Channel open always Dev!!!
09-07-2020, 01:16 AM, (This post was last modified: 09-07-2020, 01:16 AM by RedDevil.)
(09-05-2020, 10:48 AM)Big Ivan Wrote: Rock on Dev!!!

Just get 'er done I know you have what it takes bro in these difficult times!! 

Channel open always Dev!!!

Thanks John!

cheers
09-08-2020, 10:23 AM,
(08-06-2020, 07:10 AM)Scud Wrote:

First round scenario is Jason Petho's "Shuneri at the Crossroads" (0-0-0). All optional rules on including fog-of-war and Extreme Assault (EA), except  NO Variable Visibility (VV), per designer's briefing.

This is a mirrored tournament, you will play two games at once, one as side A, one as side B. Tally your points in case of a draw, the higher score will be the winner.

Players should expect to finish by September 9, 2020, based on ~3 turns a week. Please do your best so we can keep the tournament moving forward.

First round bracket is as follows. Please establish email contact with your opponent. Players in green get a bye this round.

[Image: ME-bracket1.jpg]

The Rules

(These rules are tentative and subject to change, pending participant input)

NOTE: All participants must be on the latest release of CSME (v2.01) available at Matrixgames.com. If you own it, updates are available under "my subscriptions" on your page.

Tournament will start on or about August 15, 2020. We will be simultaneously playing mirrored games, so you will play two games at once (a match), one as the Side A player and one as the Side B player. If both players receive the same victory levels, then the one with the higher points will be declared the winner of the two-game match.

This will be a double-elimination tournament. Two two-game matches, resulting in two match losses will mean you're out.

We will be playing unplayed scenarios. So we're beta testing. Expect some pretty bad ones. :-) I urge players to fill out reports on what they thought about each scenario when reporting their game results.

All rules will follow the designers briefing recommendations. If no briefing or recommendations, then all optional rules on, except Extreme Assault (EA) and Variable Visibility (VV).

Non-Combatants:

1. Any non-combatant may be removed from the map. Non-combat units are any units that cannot fire and/or assault., i.e. unarmed trucks, wagons, horses. The idea here is less fodder to worry about = potentially faster turn rate = faster tournament.
  2. Non-combat transport units cannot be used to surround, block movement, block line of sight, draw opportunity fire, or perform "recon" duties.

Please Remember and Play the Blitz's Eric Bonner Rule:
Play the way the late Eric Bonner would play. He never used "gamey" tactics. He always played fair. He always enjoyed the experience and the camaraderie he felt towards his opponent, more than a win. To Eric, a ladder stat was just not that important. Have fun.

All players, please make note. This is a tournament and it will be greatly appreciated by all players involved to keep moving it forward. Your turn rate is of the upmost importance. We all realize that Real Life (RL) takes precedence over any gaming. However, a lot of you have background games going on at the time of this tournament behind the scenes and we all understand and appreciate that. When this tournament starts we ask that any game turn received back from an opponent within this tournament take precedence over the other games you are playing. In other words, tournament game turns should be played first in order to keep this tourney going. We make this suggestion in order to keep this tournament moving forward and fun for all. Good luck to all!

Regards,

Scud (Dave Bracken) 

ok, Ashcloud and I are done. there will be no rescue for the Israelis trapped at the crossroads. Both games resulted in major defeats for side A, but Ash got the better points. --It didn't help that I dropped a flair onto my guys near the end there...   Green Club

Maus Man
09-21-2020, 02:55 AM, (This post was last modified: 09-21-2020, 03:00 AM by RedDevil.)
Dave,
Aces8 and I finished up our contests today.
Aces8 had a major defeat as side A @ -147, and I had a minor defeat as side A @ 87 points.

Dev
09-21-2020, 05:19 AM,

Second round scenario is Jason Petho's "Against All Odds" (0-0-0). All optional rules on including fog-of-war and Extreme Assault (EA), except  NO Variable Visibility (VV), per designer's briefing.

Players should expect to finish by October 18, 2020, based on ~3 turns a week. Please do your best so we can keep the tournament moving forward.

Second round bracket is as follows. Please establish email contact with your opponent. Players in green get a bye this round.

[Image: ME-bracket2.jpg]
Resolve then, that on this very ground, with small flags waving and tinny blasts on tiny trumpets, we shall meet the enemy, and not only may he be ours, he may be us. --Walt Kelly
Send this user an email
09-21-2020, 06:46 AM,
My 2 Cents  RE: Pursuit of Glory—the Middle East – 2020
Damn, now I gotta whip arse on MarkyV.. or at least try to..   Popcorn 2

Great games Joe, you played them well!  Look forward to matching with you again, anytime you can.

Dev
09-21-2020, 10:11 AM,
(09-21-2020, 06:46 AM)RedDevil Wrote: Damn, now I gotta whip arse on MarkyV.. or at least try to..   Popcorn 2

Great games Joe, you played them well!  Look forward to matching with you again, anytime you can.

Dev

They don't call him Outlaw Josey Wales for nothing. Bring your "A" game Dev! Smile