• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Jim Govostes 12SS LCG
08-04-2020, 10:56 PM,
Jim Govostes 12SS LCG
I just saw a reference in the archives to this LCG and then remembered what a fine LCG it was but somewhere after changing computers and reloading EF a couple times I lost it.  Does anyone know where this campaign may be downloaded?  I googled Jim's name but found no links.  Thanks for the help.
Quote this message in a reply
08-05-2020, 04:12 AM,
RE: Jim Govostes 12SS LCG
(08-04-2020, 10:56 PM)Windhund42 Wrote: I just saw a reference in the archives to this LCG and then remembered what a fine LCG it was but somewhere after changing computers and reloading EF a couple times I lost it.  Does anyone know where this campaign may be downloaded?  I googled Jim's name but found no links.  Thanks for the help.

If you do a search for scenarios for 12th SS, there are five that come up, but none with that name. Perhaps, though, it's one of those renamed? I went into the Blitz admin area and searched for Jim Govostes and no members by that name are registered.

Dave
Resolve then, that on this very ground, with small flags waving and tinny blasts on tiny trumpets, we shall meet the enemy, and not only may he be ours, he may be us. --Walt Kelly
Send this user an email
08-05-2020, 04:28 AM,
(08-05-2020, 04:12 AM)Scud Wrote:
(08-04-2020, 10:56 PM)Windhund42 Wrote: I just saw a reference in the archives to this LCG and then remembered what a fine LCG it was but somewhere after changing computers and reloading EF a couple times I lost it.  Does anyone know where this campaign may be downloaded?  I googled Jim's name but found no links.  Thanks for the help.

If you do a search for scenarios for 12th SS, there are five that come up, but none with that name. Perhaps, though, it's one of those renamed? I went into the Blitz admin area and searched for Jim Govostes and no members by that name are registered.

Dave
08-05-2020, 04:34 AM, (This post was last modified: 08-05-2020, 04:36 AM by Windhund42.)
Sorry, it was on one of the Matrix Games forums that the members were chatting about existing LCG's and ones that they would like to see created (see link below).  If you have time (and patience) to read the whole thread, you will see comments about the 12 SS LCG I'm looking for about 1/2 way down the page, which apparently included 25 linked scenarios.  I played just a few of them but let me tell you it was excellent.

This was at least 10 years ago if not longer that I first downloaded the LCG and I can't find Jim's name anywhere, well, at least the Jim that made the LCG.  I did find Jim Govostes the plumber lol.

I thought perhaps someone on the Blitz would have it in their inventory and could possibly send it to me.

https://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.as...y=&#975126
08-05-2020, 05:51 AM,
(08-05-2020, 04:34 AM)Windhund42 Wrote: Sorry, it was on one of the Matrix Games forums that the members were chatting about existing LCG's and ones that they would like to see created (see link below).  If you have time (and patience) to read the whole thread, you will see comments about the 12 SS LCG I'm looking for about 1/2 way down the page, which apparently included 25 linked scenarios.  I played just a few of them but let me tell you it was excellent.

This was at least 10 years ago if not longer that I first downloaded the LCG and I can't find Jim's name anywhere, well, at least the Jim that made the LCG.  I did find Jim Govostes the plumber lol.

I thought perhaps someone on the Blitz would have it in their inventory and could possibly send it to me.

https://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.as...y=&#975126

His 2005 email address on his old site is [email protected] and his company was J & G ASSOCIATES. You can see the last (2005) capture of his site here: https://web.archive.org/web/200502110545...ostes.com/ Made using Microsoft Front Page!! and last updated in 2001. Says it's under construction. The left nav links require Java enabled, but I doubt they'd still be good anyway. Later it turned into a golf site, but by the look of it, might be the same guy. Email changed to [email protected]. Shot in the dark, he might now have a gmail address with the same name.

Alas, that's where the trail (and my curiosity) ends.

Good luck finding it,
Dave
Resolve then, that on this very ground, with small flags waving and tinny blasts on tiny trumpets, we shall meet the enemy, and not only may he be ours, he may be us. --Walt Kelly
Send this user an email
08-05-2020, 10:02 PM,
Thanks Dave for taking so much time to try to help me. It must have been 15 years ago then not 10 (you know, tempus fugit). I think I've hit a dead end unless someone on the board sees my post and is kind enough to send me the zip file. I have plenty of LCGs and scenarios to keep my occupied in the meantime. Thanks again. :)