• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

scenario issue
10-12-2020, 07:16 AM,
RE: scenario issue
(08-06-2020, 06:38 AM)Warhorse Wrote: Rock on!!

I knew we kept you around for something, Mike!
Many thanks man, for fixing it up!
  You keep it up, I'll owe you a case of beer, when I get to yer stomping grounds and ride in that Impala!

Dev
Faith Divides Us, Death Unites Us.... "We were never to say die or surrender" -- Chard
Quote this message in a reply
10-12-2020, 07:20 AM,
(10-12-2020, 07:16 AM)RedDevil Wrote:
(08-06-2020, 06:38 AM)Warhorse Wrote: Rock on!!

I knew we kept you around for something, Mike!
Many thanks man, for fixing it up!
  You keep it up, I'll owe you a case of beer, when I get to yer stomping grounds and ride in that Impala!

Dev

No problem, Randy!! She sure sounds good with the new exhaust!
Meine Ehre heisst Treue

http://www.cslegion.com/
07-15-2021, 12:22 AM, (This post was last modified: 07-15-2021, 12:26 AM by zap.)
Yossarian and I finished a WF scenario called  HOLD UNTIL RELIEVED. It had an issue with frozen troops. The German reinforcements were scheduled to be released on turn 14 however, they never released and we went the whole 40 turns. My report on the game play has been posted in the data base. Could that be just a fluke or is it an oversight by the designer. How can you tell? I noticed Rob Coles Modified the scenario. Note there is a double ?? after the release time. Which may explain some delay but all forty turns? The scenario is named i Hold until Relieved.
07-15-2021, 01:42 AM,
Hi Phil,

I played this one long ago I believe. I also just looked at both files in the editor (Craig Foster's and Rod Coles). The 125 PG Regiment has a release time on Turn 14 but unfortunately it is only 5%. That's pretty low! Statistically that implies you could go about 20 turns or even longer before they get released. Could have just been bad luck they didn't released. 

BTW I played as the British and lost. The 125th PG Regiment did release around Turn 30 something and wiped out my Paratroops...LOL!!

The two "??" are due to Extreme Fog of War being turned on. With that all your reinforcements and releases are marked with those "??" so you don't know what to expect.

The issue that puzzles me after reading your scenario report is you indicated that Yossarian fired on some of your fixed troops throughout game play. Incoming enemy fire should have released them automatically in the target hex. But the hexes that were not fired on, should still be fixed and governed by the 5% release criteria is my understanding about game play.

To me it sounds like bad luck that the 125th PG didn't get released.

Regards,
John Wink
07-15-2021, 01:52 AM,
(07-15-2021, 01:42 AM)Big Ivan Wrote: Hi Phil,

I played this one long ago I believe. I also just looked at both files in the editor (Craig Foster's and Rod Coles). The 125 PG Regiment has a release time on Turn 14 but unfortunately it is only 5%. That's pretty low! Statistically that implies you could go about 20 turns or even longer before they get released. Could have just been bad luck they didn't released. 

BTW I played as the British and lost. The 125th PG Regiment did release around Turn 30 something and wiped out my Paratroops...LOL!!

The two "??" are due to Extreme Fog of War being turned on. With that all your reinforcements and releases are marked with those "??" so you don't know what to expect.

The issue that puzzles me after reading your scenario report is you indicated that Yossarian fired on some of your fixed troops throughout game play. Incoming enemy fire should have released them automatically in the target hex. But the hexes that were not fired on, should still be fixed and governed by the 5% release criteria is my understanding about game play.

To me it sounds like bad luck that the 125th PG didn't get released.

Regards,
John Wink

Thanks John, that 5% explains it then. What I meant to explain was he fired on a frozen unit it was wiped out. we were thinking that maybe the release trigger for all frozen units would be having one unit fired on. No, the action against the frozen unit happened on turn 38 of the 40 turns. But so much thanks for the explination. now, I know why it happened.