• Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

scenario issue
08-03-2020, 10:48 AM, (This post was last modified: 08-03-2020, 11:06 AM by zap.)
scenario issue
I need some help on a scenario WF. "Bravery resistance on the Kalamas". Trying to get this off the ground with an opponent. The allies are not showing any artillery. They are on the board but when I try to plot them the message says no artillery. My opponent says he can't fire the 75mm allied artillery. 

Another player tested his files and he was able to plot allied artillery. We all got the files from the download here. I don't think the source is the problem. So I asked the player to send me a copy of his working files. But they show the same on my computer. Can't plot allied artillery.
There is no problem with the Axis artillery plotting.
All I can think of is My game files for west front is missing something. Also my opponent is seeing the same thing. The allied artillery is on board but can't plot them.

But yet the other player I contacted he has access to allied artillery. Ran a virus check on my CS Tiller files. It was clean of viruses
Any ideas.

I should add no other scenario I have played has this problem in either WF or EF.

Just thought of this possibility. Could it be the Greeks need a file that is not present in my opponents and my game files?
Quote this message in a reply
08-03-2020, 11:33 PM,
RE: scenario issue
I just checked it on mine and no problem. Maybe was trying to plot out of range? The 75s don't have the range on the fist turn or two.
08-04-2020, 12:13 AM, (This post was last modified: 08-04-2020, 12:14 AM by zap.)
(08-03-2020, 11:33 PM)Outlaw Josey Wales Wrote: I just checked it on mine and no problem.  Maybe was trying to plot out of range?  The 75s don't have the range on the fist turn or two.

I thought about that. But neither I nor my opponent can get it. The message below the bar reads no artillery. If your saying maybe the first and second turn the Greeks might not have any? I don't think so. It's not just the 75s The mortars can't be accessed either. The Italians can use their mortars and 65mm on the first turn.
maybe someone can shed some light on this.
08-04-2020, 03:23 AM,
zap,

I just downloaded the scenario from the data base tried it and I get the same thing. It says when I go to target the gun that the unit is incapable of firing. The on board range display is also zero. 

But it should be maximum range of 44, that's per the data on the unit viewer.

My guess it has to be something in the "weapon.pdt" file that's preventing the gun from firing. One of the code numbers in that file for unit number P15107  (the Greek M97 75mm Gun) is giving it a zero range. Unfortunately I don't know what that code number (place in the string) is because there is a bunch of code numbers in a string for that unit and all units for that matter.  You can't just guess and arbitrarily change numbers because you could really foul things up.

The only other course is to see if Jason or Crossroads knows.

Sorry I couldn't be of more help. Good luck!!

Regards,
John
08-04-2020, 08:17 AM,
Weird, just downloaded it and tried, same thing, not capable of firing. Weapon.pdt has the correct ranges for it, and the codes are correct for indirect and firing smoke??!!
Meine Ehre heisst Treue

http://www.cslegion.com/
08-04-2020, 08:24 AM,
HAHA!!! Found it, there was a space at the end of the first line of figures, the program doesn't like that!! Will see if I can give the file out, I encrypted it, but am not sure if I'm allowed to give out files like that, don't want to step on toes!! Stand by please!
Meine Ehre heisst Treue

08-04-2020, 08:44 AM,
This Just In  WF Weapon file
Guys, here is the fix, tried it on my machine, works now, there was a space behind the line for the first line of fire in the weapon.pdt. So, here you go.

West Front Weapon.pdt/pdx files
Meine Ehre heisst Treue

08-04-2020, 11:42 AM,
Thanks Mike!! Big Grin
08-04-2020, 03:48 PM,
Much appreciated. Thank you.