• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Timed objectives
07-29-2020, 10:53 AM,
Timed objectives
I'm in the middle of the Normandy '44 campaign and it occurred to me that it is the perfect candidate for timed objectives, like those that exist in Serbia '14. It would encourage the Germans to hold as much ground as possible, as well as encouraging the Allies to push as hard as possible. I can think of other one-sided campaigns (like France '40) that would also be perfect candidates.

Is there any possibility of introducing them to the other PzC games like Normandy '44, or is it simply not possible due to the game engine?
Quote this message in a reply
07-29-2020, 11:55 AM,
RE: Timed objectives
It’s definitely possible. Timed objectives was in part inspired by the work we did on PzB Normandy as we decided we needed this mechanism to allow players to do unpalatable things.

To retrofit it into a released title either requires effort from the team (away from new titles) or enterprising modders. Fortunately, those modders exist and I know of a few efforts to include scenarios with limited objectives for previous games. I don’t know of any for Normandy ‘44, but will see whether that is on someone’s radar...

David
07-29-2020, 12:16 PM,
Thanks David, appreciate the feedback. It's reassuring to see the continued support JTS products receive.
07-29-2020, 12:38 PM, (This post was last modified: 07-29-2020, 12:41 PM by Green. Edit Reason: Clarification )
Normandy is a perfect candidate (although you could say that for most of the PzC games) but we will need to wait for the next update. Sadly the current build for Normandy '44 does not include timed objectives.
07-29-2020, 12:44 PM,
(07-29-2020, 12:38 PM)Green Wrote: Normandy is a perfect candidate (although you could say that for most of the PzC games) but we will need to wait for the next update. Sadly the current build for Normandy '44 does not include timed objectives.

No worries, I understand. I can wait :-)
07-29-2020, 01:05 PM, (This post was last modified: 07-29-2020, 01:08 PM by Aaron.)
Playing with VP requires lots of maths and re-balancing, testing , how soon or late for either side or both before you expire the VP, what scores can you get weather you get all the Limited VPs or not.

Agree Limited VPs can be used in just about all games but requires some thinking. Actually have it on my list with Danube but its on the list as last thing to do.

Its a great feature that was added, can force/cause battles within the battle
Rangers Lead the Way
07-29-2020, 03:38 PM,
Limited VPs is a godsend for some games.

As Aaron said it requieres a lot of work, thinking and playtesting. I can assure you.