• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

A little bit of chrome
07-25-2020, 11:13 AM,
A little bit of chrome
I really love the PzC engine, but I can't help but wish for one or two minor additions. It would be great, for example, to be able to see a report or something showing the current strength of each of your units, perhaps ordered by division and/or regiment. Also, a bit more information on losses would be great. At the moment I can see I have lost 24 vehicles, but what vehicles? How many of those losses are halftracks and how many are Tigers? The information must be there, but it's invisible to the player.

Just a tiny bit of chrome would be great. No changes needed to the gameplay, just a few minor additions would be great...
Quote this message in a reply
07-25-2020, 12:35 PM,
RE: A little bit of chrome
Some of what you want seems to already be available in the Strength display which you can access from the Info menu. It gives current strength values which you can break down to the individual unit level.

A detailed break down of losses is not available. It may seem that providing something like this would be trivial but the software is so old that implementing any changes to it now is usually far from easy. Or, at least, that is my understanding.
07-25-2020, 03:29 PM,
True, the strength dialog box does have some of that information, but the presentation is not great (squashed into that small box that can't be resized). It also does not show, for example, that a unit has x men out of a full complement of x, or similar.

As an example, I'm busy playing the Normandy 44 campaign and I have had the 21st Panzer Division holding around Caen for some time now. I would love to know how it is coping, but I can really only find out by clicking on each unit to check their strength, morale and general status.

Yeah, I understand the software is not going to be updated further, but it's a real shame as just a few things would make quite a difference.
07-28-2020, 11:11 PM,
What I'd love to have is a aggregated LOS view of all my units, so that I can see on a single glance what hexes I have no information on. Even greater would be the other way round: An option to display the LOS of all (currently sighted) enemey units.
07-29-2020, 07:12 AM, (This post was last modified: 07-29-2020, 07:13 AM by Xaver.)
I think one option to show better "vehicles" is use the value of units in victory points.

You know, a "tank" cost more compared with a recon unit, or a tankette VS a medium-heavy tank, with this if you lose a vehicle with cost 1 you can show it as "Armor" and if you lose a recon unit as "AFV".

But maybe one thing i really like to see over this is an improvement in urban warfare with ability to have in same city hexes units from both sides to perform a true urban combat.

Anyway i am waiting now new titles to cover the big holes in PzC serie, specially in 43-44-45.