• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Mech Inf On Foot back to Mech
07-25-2020, 08:03 AM,
Help  Mech Inf On Foot back to Mech
How does one change Mech Inf from on foot back to being Mech. Is that possible.
Quote this message in a reply
07-25-2020, 08:56 AM,
RE: Mech Inf On Foot back to Mech
Page 28 of the user-manual:

"This means that these units have left behind their transportation and are advancing on foot. While in this state, the units move as though they were normal foot infantry. At the beginning of the player turn when the units are stacked with their HQ unit, this state is removed and the units return to normal status."
07-25-2020, 08:35 PM,
Just to flesh that out, it has to be that units immediate HQ not an HQ from further up the command chain.  Wink
07-25-2020, 09:27 PM,
It also works if the HQ is in T-mode or Out of Command.
07-25-2020, 10:42 PM,
(07-25-2020, 08:56 AM)CheerfullyInsane Wrote: Page 28 of the user-manual:

"This means that these units have left behind their transportation and are advancing on foot. While in this state, the units move as though they were normal foot infantry. At the beginning of the player turn when the units are stacked with their HQ unit, this state is removed and the units return to normal status."

Yes this is a nice and simple piece of chrome. 

I can't remember if the condition of the units involved are taken into account. Disruption and Isolation. 

It would be nice if transportation couldn't be re-established if both units (HQ and sub unit) are isolated. Its difficult to argue that this is reaslistic.

I'm not sure about disruption though. Allowing disrupted unit to re-motorise sounds ok. Allowing re-motorisation when the HQ is disrupted?
07-25-2020, 11:09 PM,
It doesn't matter the shape of the unit or hq involved. All you are doing is jumping in your vehicles and driving off. Nothing else needs to be done with that. Except, maybe, a non-disrupted unit should be able to load and drive off and a disrupted unit should not only because of the extra confusion and it should be based on the unit's quality. It's been a long time, so, I don't remember exactly how it works except being stacked with it's hq.
07-26-2020, 12:53 AM,
Not sure about that.
I mean, all the unit is doing is sending the transports back to the HQ motor-pool, then picking it up again.
If Disrupted units are allowed to go into Travel-mode, giving them back their trucks doesn't seem like much of a stretch.

As for the Isolated situation, I can see that.
Except......
What if both the HQ and the unit were Isolated in the same pocket when they went on foot?
Subsequently denying them of their transport when both units are still in the same pocket seems equally odd.
So you'd either need some serous sub-routines keeping track of where each units transports were, or you simply say "screw it" and go with the simpler to implement solution.
07-26-2020, 01:21 AM,
All,

I believe the intention with using the HQ as the determinant was that essentially the 'motor pool' is sent back to where the HQ is.

Reunite a unit with its HQ and the motor pool is now available. Makes sense no matter the situation - isolated or disrupted.

David
07-26-2020, 07:09 PM,
Thank's guys.