• Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

France 40 - Prucha Scenarios Optional Rules
07-06-2020, 04:11 AM,
France 40 - Prucha Scenarios Optional Rules
Gentlemen,
in the France ’40 Gold Design Notes.pdf Prucha suggests the Optional Rules to be used in the "campaign". If by campaign the whole game or just the long campaign scenarios are meant is unclear, but lets say just the campaign scenarios are meant.
Is there any reasons not to use those Optional Rules also in the any other Prucha scenarios?
Quote this message in a reply
07-06-2020, 04:40 PM,
RE: France 40 - Prucha Scenarios Optional Rules
As mentioned in the notes, the use of alt assault should be discussed, as not all scenarios will offer sufficient high hard attack value units to attack units in bunkers. Other than that, the optional rules should work fine.

Personally, I don't like indirect fire and air strikes by the map and would say the Germans don't need it due to He 111's being capable of carpet bombing in the game, but that's just personal preference.
10-17-2020, 02:47 AM,
I am a bit confused which optional rules should be used with the Prucha campaign scenarios, since the default optional rules include the Alternative Fire rules but the Design Notes do not mention them. I would like to use them, but only if this is intended by the Designer and the use of those rules will not unbalance the game. Can someone help me out?
10-17-2020, 06:43 AM,
For Prucha use Prucha, I don't see a reason to change what was advised to use.
Regarding the AAR, yea but then you have to utilize what you have to knock out hard targets, 88's, Stukas, siege artillery, etc. that all have a good HA value, and instead of infantry try to use pioneers from the divisions, they also have a higher HA then the normal infantry surely depicting demolition capabilities.
In the end pillboxes or bunkers are rare on the map, so it's more about infantry vs tank, here I would like to see what infantry was capable of doing in this time with all bit silly AT rifles.
10-17-2020, 06:21 PM,
Thank you for your advice, I will leave out the Alternative Resolution Rules, although I would have liked to use them, as I think they give more realistic results.
10-17-2020, 06:44 PM,
Well you can at least use the “Alternative Assault Resolution” as it is recommended by Prucha.
Have you taken a look into the F'40 Gold Design Notes.pdf? Page 16 shows the rules to be used.
10-17-2020, 08:57 PM,
Yes I looked into the Design Notes and that is why I was a bit confused. Because if I select the default optional rules offered by the game, the Alternative Resolution Rules are selected, but as I can see in the Design Notes, this is not the Intention of the Designer.
10-20-2020, 01:57 PM,
Not sure were you are looking but attached is the screenshot from the notes and it clearly marks the AAR.
Besides I think the default rules are for the stock scenarios and not Pruchas.
Go with what is marked on the screenshot as these are Pruchas recommendations.

Attached Files
.jpg   PC OR.jpg (Size: 70.29 KB / Downloads: 18)
10-20-2020, 03:04 PM,
(10-20-2020, 01:57 PM)BigDuke66 Wrote: Not sure were you are looking but attached is the screenshot from the notes and it clearly marks the AAR.
Besides I think the default rules are for the stock scenarios and not Pruchas.
Go with what is marked on the screenshot as these are Pruchas recommendations.

Correct, default rules are always ‘as released’. Subsequent mods etc may have their own recommended rules.

This is important when looking at the Gold versions as Mod versions are included beside the stock scenarios.

David
10-20-2020, 08:59 PM,
Thanks now it's clarified, I wasn't aware of the fact that the default rules are only for the stock scenarios and not for mod versions. I thought with a mod version would come a new set of default optional rules.