• Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Change Colour of Hex Outlines ?
07-03-2020, 06:37 AM, (This post was last modified: 07-03-2020, 06:39 AM by WargameGeneral.)
c_Question Mark  Change Colour of Hex Outlines ?
In the settings menu, there is an option to enable or disable hex outlines.

Is it possible to modify the colour of these hex outlines in order to improve visibility on the map?

Thanks for your feedback! Helmet Smile
Quote this message in a reply
07-03-2020, 06:46 AM,
RE: Change Colour of Hex Outlines ?
(07-03-2020, 06:37 AM)WargameGeneral Wrote: In the settings menu, there is an option to enable or disable hex outlines.

Is it possible to modify the colour of these hex outlines in order to improve visibility on the map?

Thanks for your feedback! Helmet Smile

I believe those are hard-coded which means they can not be adjusted or edited.
07-03-2020, 08:03 AM,
That is correct, Chad, thanks!!
Meine Ehre heisst Treue

http://www.cslegion.com/
07-03-2020, 10:06 PM,
The solution is to put the colors you want directly in the 2DGround***.bmp hexes.
07-03-2020, 10:07 PM,
Or put a dot in the center of the hexes (like old paper wargame with LOS).
07-03-2020, 10:42 PM,
(07-03-2020, 10:06 PM)LFDLM Wrote: The solution is to put the colors you want directly in the 2DGround***.bmp hexes.

Do what?! Sure, you could make a whole new counter sheet with an outline around each hex, whick is a ton of work in itself, but the grey outline would still be there, it IS hard-coded.
Meine Ehre heisst Treue

07-03-2020, 11:03 PM, (This post was last modified: 07-03-2020, 11:05 PM by LFDLM.)
You're right, it's hard coded, we can only deactivate "Settings/Hexes outlines" and use a solution like the one I'm proposing. There are several mods (for NB, PC, etc.) where has done what I suggest. It's not "make" a whole new sheet, just put some lines on the one existing.

But I'm well aware that this is a palliative, not a real solution :(
07-03-2020, 11:07 PM,
(07-03-2020, 11:03 PM)LFDLM Wrote: You're right, it's hard coded, we can only deactivate "Settings/Hexes outlines" and use a solution like the one I'm proposing. There are several mods (for NB, PC, etc.) where has done what I suggest. It's not "make" a whole new sheet, just put some lines on the one existing.

Gotcha, thought for a moment you knew something I didn't, but checked and couldn't see how to do it other than adding a one pixel line around each graphic, which would look weird too! Wink
Meine Ehre heisst Treue

07-03-2020, 11:27 PM,
(07-03-2020, 11:07 PM)Warhorse Wrote:
(07-03-2020, 11:03 PM)LFDLM Wrote: You're right, it's hard coded, we can only deactivate "Settings/Hexes outlines" and use a solution like the one I'm proposing. There are several mods (for NB, PC, etc.) where has done what I suggest. It's not "make" a whole new sheet, just put some lines on the one existing.

Gotcha, thought for a moment you knew something I didn't, but checked and couldn't see how to do it other than adding a one pixel line around each graphic, which would look weird too! Wink

I know nothing  Big Grin

Well, not so weird, it can be well done, look at this napoleonic mod for example :

Attached Files
.jpg   Annotation 2020-07-03 152501.jpg (Size: 162.47 KB / Downloads: 14)
07-03-2020, 11:57 PM,
(07-03-2020, 11:27 PM)LFDLM Wrote:
(07-03-2020, 11:07 PM)Warhorse Wrote:

I know nothing  Big Grin

Well, not so weird, it can be well done, look at this napoleonic mod for example :

LOL, for me, weird, I don't like the board game look! More like a 2d 3d look! But, everyone is different, yes?
Meine Ehre heisst Treue