• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

How to install Banshee maps Waterloo?
06-24-2020, 05:50 AM,
How to install Banshee maps Waterloo?
I downloaded the massive Map file 5 Gigs!!! and I put them in my map folder and nothing happens. Am I missing something here? How do I install the Banshee maps for Waterloo? There are no instructions.
Quote this message in a reply
06-24-2020, 06:01 AM,
RE: How to install Banshee maps Waterloo?
have you installed the latest update from JTS?

if you have installed the new update, it should have created a folder called "Maps".

the new map files go in the new Maps folder.
06-24-2020, 06:28 AM,
(06-24-2020, 06:01 AM)dukemat Wrote: have you installed the latest update from JTS?

if you have installed the new update, it should have created a folder called "Maps".

Yes I installed the new update and their is no "maps" folder created. I made my own and put the maps in there and they don't work.
06-24-2020, 07:16 AM,
(06-24-2020, 06:28 AM)Aces8 Wrote:
(06-24-2020, 06:01 AM)dukemat Wrote: have you installed the latest update from JTS?

Yes I installed the new update and their is no "maps" folder created. I made my own and put the maps in there and they don't work.

A very similar question came up over on FB- so I take it probably the same person?  

When I extracted a set -it stashed everything in a Waterloo Maps folder (which probably should have just been named Maps).  

My answer there -was based on the term Map in the initial post. If you also have a Maps folder and those isometric maps in there you should be set.

Go under Settings all the way at the top (right next to Help near the end) and make sure 'Hand-Drawn 3D Maps' is ticked.   

Not every map was done -so you might have opened up one that was not created - for example the large single map of the campaign.

But the if none of this is working, drop a line to support at johntillersoftware dot com -I'm sure it can be fixed.
Send this user an email
06-24-2020, 04:05 PM,
I too, originally did not have a "Maps" folder after applying the 108 update.

After downloading the "Waterloo Maps" file, I unzipped it and copied and pasted the whole folder labeled "Maps" into my main Waterloo game folder, and I am able see the new 3D maps in my game.

So now I have a "Map" and a "Maps" folder found withing my main game folder.

BTW, I really like the new 2D icons......Thanks Steve Thumbs Up
06-24-2020, 07:06 PM,
(06-24-2020, 04:05 PM)Compass Rose Wrote: I too, originally did not have a "Maps" folder after applying the 108 update.

After downloading the "Waterloo Maps" file, I unzipped it and copied and pasted the whole folder labeled "Maps" into my main Waterloo game folder, and I am able see the new 3D maps in my game.

So now I have a "Map" and a "Maps" folder found withing my main game folder.

BTW, I really like the new 2D icons......Thanks Steve Thumbs Up

Chad: As I mentioned in PM:   - that artwork was all Strela's -it came about due to something in the works for another series.
Send this user an email
06-25-2020, 02:59 AM,
Ok Thanks Steve.
06-25-2020, 05:26 AM,
Gentleman I was not the guy on facebook. I can see the maps now. First the update does not creat the "Maps" folder I had to do this myself. Also thanks to Trauth I see now that not all maps are handpainted. I kept loading the giant Waterloo campaign map which is not done by banshee and thus the confusion on my part. I assumed all maps in the game were now Banshee maps. I can see the banshee maps on the appropriate maps now.