• Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

FWWC Updates available
06-21-2020, 07:25 AM, (This post was last modified: 06-23-2020, 06:18 AM by BigDuke66.)
FWWC Updates available
Updates for all 3 First World War games are now available from the JTS site.
Quote this message in a reply
06-21-2020, 07:36 AM,
RE: Updates available
Lots of great material in these FWWC updates, they also bring F14 and EP14 up to the same spec in terms of new features as S14, so that is great news.

It may effect ongoing games if you update and your opponent does not, so every one should make sure that they chat to their opponents and both upgrade before exchanging more turns.  Wink
06-21-2020, 08:26 PM,
Thanks for the heads-up, Bioman.
06-21-2020, 09:34 PM, (This post was last modified: 06-21-2020, 09:38 PM by ComradeP.)
It seems either the JTS Updates page itself hasn't been updated yet, or my browser doesn't display it correctly.

I only see the links for the older France '14 and EP '14 updates.

What's strange as well is that if I go to http://johntillersoftware.com , the latest news item on the front page concerns the new PzC manuals. However, if I select "home" in the menu to the left it switches to a different frontpage http://johntillersoftware.com/index.html mentioning the sale and the FWWC updates as the top news items.
06-21-2020, 10:25 PM, (This post was last modified: 06-21-2020, 10:32 PM by Lowlander.)
(06-21-2020, 09:34 PM)ComradeP Wrote: It seems either the JTS Updates page itself hasn't been updated yet, or my browser doesn't display it correctly.

I only see the links for the older France '14 and EP '14 updates.

What's strange as well is that if I go to johntillersoftware.com , the latest news item on the front page concerns the new PzC manuals. However, if I select "home" in the menu to the left it switches to a different frontpage johntillersoftware.com/index.html mentioning the sale and the FWWC updates as the top news items.

Similar problem, threw me off until I used "search" to navigate to the update page.
Now my battle file against the AI in F'40 is corrupt, not really a problem as it has been inactive for some time, funny thing, the AI battle files in EP'14 and S'14 are OK.
06-22-2020, 03:04 AM, (This post was last modified: 06-22-2020, 03:09 AM by ComradeP.)
It seems to have been a Java script issue on my end, changing the script settings for the JTS website fixed things.

Quote: - Fixed an issue where destroyed full-hex ferries allow supply to flow across them.

Well that was fixed quickly, thanks!
06-23-2020, 02:17 AM,
The counters in the zoomed in 2D view level have a bit of an early 1990's look, with diagonal lines clearly being "stairs" instead of a true line, and the engine has some difficulty with displaying direct fire at that level of detail in my case.

The terrain detail is rendered normally, an impressive feat, it's just the counters that look like they were not optimized.
06-23-2020, 02:42 AM,
(06-23-2020, 02:17 AM)ComradeP Wrote: The counters in the zoomed in 2D view level have a bit of an early 1990's look, with diagonal lines clearly being "stairs" instead of a true line, and the engine has some difficulty with displaying direct fire at that level of detail in my case.

The terrain detail is rendered normally, an impressive feat, it's just the counters that look like they were not optimized.

That’s correct. Jison has not done anything with the hi-res graphics yet. He is on other projects currently.

We just doubled the size of the existing graphics in the meantime.

David
06-23-2020, 05:08 AM,
(06-23-2020, 02:42 AM)Strela Wrote:
(06-23-2020, 02:17 AM)ComradeP Wrote: The counters in the zoomed in 2D view level have a bit of an early 1990's look, with diagonal lines clearly being "stairs" instead of a true line, and the engine has some difficulty with displaying direct fire at that level of detail in my case.

That’s correct. Jison has not done anything with the hi-res graphics yet. He is on other projects currently.

We just doubled the size of the existing graphics in the meantime.

David

Which games are we talking about? The FWWC games? I hadn't noticed any graphics differences at all....Or are we speaking of something else?
06-23-2020, 05:16 AM, (This post was last modified: 06-23-2020, 04:13 PM by ComradeP.)
At the most zoomed in 2D level, the terrain is magnified properly but the counters are a bit basic due to not being optimized for the new zoom level/high resolution terrain graphics.