• Blitz Shadow Player
  • Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Want to know whats happening with Scheldt '44?
06-20-2020, 10:28 PM,
Want to know whats happening with Scheldt '44?
Latest WDS blog post has all the news!!!

https://www.wargamedesignstudio.com/2020...-update-2/

David
Quote this message in a reply
06-20-2020, 11:35 PM,
RE: Want to know whats happening with Scheldt '44?
Actually until I read the blog I didn't realise there was a new and expanded Market Garden campaign included in this title which I fantastic news!

The only very minor negative is I am sure we will see a number of "which MG campaign should I play" posts in the future.  Big Grin

All looks good from my POV...………...
06-21-2020, 12:31 AM,
It's looking really superb, David. Fantastic you've included all of MG too. Plus the Overloons, and the fighting in that area, plus all the Scheldt material we were expecting. I have been wanting to play a game featuring Autumn Gale since buying a big, beautiful Dutch book about it, some years ago (the Didden and Swartz volume). Really looking forward to it. The pics all look very classy, the new graphics very clear and beautiful.

How long do we have to wait?
06-21-2020, 12:46 AM,
(06-20-2020, 11:35 PM)Mr Grumpy Wrote: Actually until I read the blog I didn't realise there was a new and expanded Market Garden campaign included in this title which I fantastic news!

The only very minor negative is I am sure we will see a number of "which MG campaign should I play" posts in the future.  Big Grin

That’s because we didn’t tell anyone!

We had originally talked about doing a Prucha like update for Market-Garden ‘44 Gold as we had the brand new Holland map that had been included in France’40 Gold. As Scheldt bubbled up as a serious project we decided if we had time we would include an expanded, deeply researched Market-Garden campaign. This and all the other scenarios really are good, a massive credit to the guys...

David
06-21-2020, 12:50 AM, (This post was last modified: 06-21-2020, 01:01 AM by Strela.)
(06-21-2020, 12:31 AM)phoenix Wrote: It's looking really superb, David. Fantastic you've included all of MG too. Plus the Overloons, and the fighting in that area, plus all the Scheldt material we were expecting. I have been wanting to play a game featuring Autumn Gale since buying a big, beautiful Dutch book about it, some years ago (the Didden and Swartz volume). Really looking forward to it. The pics all look very classy, the new graphics very clear and beautiful.

How long do we have to wait?

Yes Peter, the amount of content is great isn’t it!

It’s going to be one of those titles where you’re going to have to learn to fight with what you have. I heard one of the play testers bemoaning the quality of his Armenian Ost troops the other day!

As for when it will be ready, that’s in the teams hands. We still have documentation to finish as well additional play testing. Everyone is going as fast as they can, but we want to ensure that the quality permeates the whole product.

David
06-21-2020, 02:27 AM,
Before Christmas, then, I hope.....;)

By the way, that Didden and Swartz book I mentioned above -

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Autumn-Herbstst...=8-1-fkmr0

if you can ever find it (I think best to buy direct from the Dutch publishers) is in English and really detailed, with beautiful maps and photos - I was thinking it would provide enough detail and inspiration to at least kick off many PB level scenarios from Autumn Gale, if ever that was an interest....

Peter
06-21-2020, 02:48 AM,
Autumn Gale/Herbststurm is an excellent book and one of our most important secondary sources. I'd highly recommend it if you can find an affordable copy (it's been out of print for awhile...). I'd also recommend its companion publication Kampfgruppe Walther and Panzer-Brigade 107: A Thorn in the Side of Market Garden.

-Mike P
06-21-2020, 03:03 AM,
Thanks, Mike. I should have known the team would already have it. I have the KG Walther book too. Both beautifully produced, sumptous volumes.

Since you've dropped in here - great work on the title, for which many thanks! At least, it all looks really great from David's updates. Can't wait to get the actual game.
06-21-2020, 04:08 AM,
(06-21-2020, 12:46 AM)Strela Wrote:
(06-20-2020, 11:35 PM)Mr Grumpy Wrote: Actually until I read the blog I didn't realise there was a new and expanded Market Garden campaign included in this title which I fantastic news!

That’s because we didn’t tell anyone!

We had originally talked about doing a Prucha like update for Market-Garden ‘44 Gold as we had the brand new Holland map that had been included in France’40 Gold. As Scheldt bubbled up as a serious project we decided if we had time we would include an expanded, deeply researched Market-Garden campaign. This and all the other scenarios really are good, a massive credit to the guys...

David

Well at least it shows I am paying attention........... Wink
06-22-2020, 12:11 AM,
Good news!