• Blitz Shadow Player
  • Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

PzC Title(s) with Shorter, Low Counter Density Scenarios ?!?
06-20-2020, 06:56 AM, (This post was last modified: 06-20-2020, 06:56 AM by WargameGeneral.)
c_Question Mark  PzC Title(s) with Shorter, Low Counter Density Scenarios ?!?
Based on your experience, which PzC titles contain a good amount of shorter scenarios with a lower counter density?

Thanks for your feedback. Helmet Smile
Quote this message in a reply
06-20-2020, 07:02 AM,
RE: PzC Title(s) with Shorter, Low Counter Density Scenarios ?!?
Market Garden has both. Tunisia and El Alamein have both. So does Normandy. Moscow 42 has some nice scenarios that are not too huge and so does France 40.
06-20-2020, 11:39 PM,
Tobruk
06-21-2020, 12:38 AM, (This post was last modified: 06-21-2020, 12:39 AM by phoenix.)
ALL of MG - I mean the full campaign itself - is low density, if you compare it to any of the big EF campaigns. But, the new Scheldt 44 title, we learn today, is to also include MG, and if I were buying again I would wait for that updated treatment.

I think all the titles have shorter, lower density scenarios in there, as well as the big campaigns (usually the smaller scenarios are hived off sections of the big campaigns). But some of the big campaigns are very much larger than others. All the big campaigns in Africa, for example (from the Tobruk, Alamein and Tunisia titles) are very much smaller in density than the big Eastern Front Campaigns, or the big Normandy campaign.

I've found it useful to browse the scenario listings here in the Blitz, where you can see how many scenarios are being played H2H and what length they are, as well as how players have rated them, often leaving helpful comments.
06-21-2020, 06:22 AM,
(06-21-2020, 12:38 AM)phoenix Wrote: ALL of MG - I mean the full campaign itself -  is low density, if you compare it to any of the big EF campaigns. But, the new Scheldt 44 title, we learn today, is to also include MG, and if I were buying again I would wait for that updated treatment. 

So Scheldt '44 will make Market Garden '44 redundant? Whistle
06-21-2020, 07:29 AM, (This post was last modified: 06-21-2020, 07:38 AM by Mr Grumpy.)
(06-21-2020, 06:22 AM)WargameGeneral Wrote:
(06-21-2020, 12:38 AM)phoenix Wrote: ALL of MG - I mean the full campaign itself -  is low density, if you compare it to any of the big EF campaigns. But, the new Scheldt 44 title, we learn today, is to also include MG, and if I were buying again I would wait for that updated treatment. 

No because there is only a single MG campaign scenario in S44 it does not have any smaller scenarios covering various aspects of the MG campaign, obviously it would have made no sense to create a new title that made an exiting title redundant and also the S44 design team would not have wanted all the extra work that including the various smaller scenarios would have created.

But if your interest is simply playing the entire MG44 campaign scenario then I suspect players may buy S44 over MG44. However if like yourself players are looking to play smaller MG scenarios they will be disappointed if they buy S44.

Read David's blog as he does touch on the subject of why a MG44 campaign was included in S44.
06-22-2020, 04:25 PM,
(06-21-2020, 07:29 AM)Mr Grumpy Wrote:
(06-21-2020, 06:22 AM)WargameGeneral Wrote:

No because there is only a single MG campaign scenario in S44 it does not have any smaller scenarios covering various aspects of the MG campaign, obviously it would have made no sense to create a new title that made an exiting title redundant and also the S44 design team would not have wanted all the extra work that including the various smaller scenarios would have created.

But if your interest is simply playing the entire MG44 campaign scenario then I suspect players may buy S44 over MG44. However if like yourself players are looking to play smaller MG scenarios they will be disappointed if they buy S44.

Read David's blog as he does touch on the subject of why a MG44 campaign was included in S44.

Can we get a link to David's blog?
Send this user an email
06-22-2020, 06:07 PM, (This post was last modified: 06-22-2020, 06:08 PM by phoenix.)
https://www.wargamedesignstudio.com/

David's site (it's not really a blog - just select and read the updates he posts there)
06-22-2020, 06:30 PM,
(06-22-2020, 06:07 PM)phoenix Wrote: https://www.wargamedesignstudio.com/

David's site (it's not really a blog - just select and read the updates he posts there)

Thanks
Send this user an email