• Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Bolt out of the Blue Feedback
06-18-2020, 09:29 PM, (This post was last modified: 06-19-2020, 01:13 AM by Indragnir.)
RE: Bolt out of the Blue Feedback
Aaron,

Would you consider some Quality of Life changes like that?:
A) West German Recon Btls have 4 companies with 3 different components,  Leos-Luchs vehicles units could be combined with Fuchs men units like Dutch, Dane recon btl or some USA formations that mix infantry and vehicles in a single vehicle unit.
The smaller the unit the less value it has, small units reach faster 70% infantry efficience limit, also hampering Replacements and render units prone to snipping from any seasoned player. IMO it's better mixing them into one unit of 28 vehicles unit like the units metioned above instead of 108 men and 18 vehicles.

The same could be done with mixed WG Marder+Leo units and Jyske Division (see below)

B) Since the WG recon btls are all split up, would you consider deploying combined and let the player decide if they want to split them? The resoning is the same, this scenario destroy units quite fast, NATO relies a lot of on Recovery+Replacements, the smaller the unit the less likely it would escape against attacks (seasoned player could try to wipe those units)

C) Jyske Division. I know the TO&E is historical but suffers from the same small units troubles. This very unit did that kind of mixing I ask for with their M41+M113 in the recon unit. The reasoning is the same: wiping out 142 men strong units is easier than 286/457 ones, plus less replacements, infantry efficience.. etc, you know the deal.

Also the 10 uncombinable Leo I DK are almost useless in direct combat, they can hold flanks, extract units, digin but won't offer much due their small size. IMO this is a case where you could mix the Leos under infantry creating a single Btl of Lt Infantry-M113+Leo1 DK with a gran total of 557 men (1 tank meaning 10 men) Quality as per the majority in the unit.

Out of this topic, I would consider releasing a bit earlier Austrian Landwehrregiments since it's quite usual for WP crossing at Linz even before those units get released. They had very hard times fleeing even if release is triggered.
Quote this message in a reply
06-19-2020, 12:45 AM, (This post was last modified: 06-19-2020, 12:46 AM by Aaron.)
The old recon issue, wonder if increasing movement on recon units would help kind of like helos, in and out
Rangers Lead the Way
06-19-2020, 02:30 AM, (This post was last modified: 06-19-2020, 02:30 AM by Indragnir.)
(06-19-2020, 12:45 AM)tazaaron Wrote: The old recon issue, wonder if increasing movement on recon units would help kind of like helos, in and out

A partial fix could be a lot more of MP.
A-Quality could help to avoid Disruption when unseen enemy is found while moving (but it makes them elite in other aspects that are way beyond recon).
A high T-mode defense could help also but again if they're vehicles won't work, only for infantry (maybe Armored Cars with low HA/SA but again players will use them as assault stoppers...)

If Recon spotting would work better, raising their MP would be enough.
06-19-2020, 03:31 AM,
I think alot of the recon is already bumped up a lv, will have to look again, movement would help some.

Just got a new Key from Rich so should be good to go to poke around this weekend.
Rangers Lead the Way
06-19-2020, 07:33 AM,
Recon units that would spot enemy units before they actually run into the enemy would help out a lot can't count the number of times I've used recon spotting then nothing appears then you move your unit and then it gets wiped out.
06-19-2020, 09:06 AM,
(06-19-2020, 03:31 AM)tazaaron Wrote: I think alot of the recon is already bumped up a lv, will have to look again, movement would help some.

Just got a new Key from Rich so should be good to go to poke around this weekend.

(06-19-2020, 07:33 AM)Landser34 Wrote: Recon units that would spot enemy units before they actually run into the enemy would help out a lot can't count the number of times I've used recon spotting then nothing appears then you move your unit and then it gets wiped out.

Yes. That would be a great improve !
06-19-2020, 09:07 AM, (This post was last modified: 06-19-2020, 12:43 PM by Aaron.)
Ya recon always had some issues, unfortunately we will have to work with what we got. Movement and Morale are about the only options

I honestly dont see a real downfall with all recon being A or B with maybe 50% more movement, 1 benefit of higher morale is more movement which is the direction it was going anyways and what 20% attack/defend, for a small unit that doesnt mean to much

edit. can always lower ATT/DEF to make up for the Quality change
Rangers Lead the Way
06-19-2020, 03:07 PM,
The Bolt Handbook is part of the Gold version and is in the Folder, gives some info on why things were done a certain way and all the Poles do have a 3% chance to withdraw every turn
Rangers Lead the Way
06-19-2020, 03:20 PM, (This post was last modified: 06-19-2020, 03:27 PM by Aaron.)
(06-18-2020, 04:54 AM)Indragnir Wrote: From my experience. 

WP:
Jutland/Zeeland: Flensburger usualy. Would be too much unbalancing between Lübeck or Kiel? Also the no Invasion is not funny.

When picking this option the ACE mobile force never shows up either, will add that somehow in description
Rangers Lead the Way
06-19-2020, 04:38 PM,
(06-19-2020, 03:20 PM)tazaaron Wrote:
(06-18-2020, 04:54 AM)Indragnir Wrote: From my experience. 

WP:
Jutland/Zeeland: Flensburger usualy. Would be too much unbalancing between Lübeck or Kiel? Also the no Invasion is not funny.

When picking this option the ACE mobile force never shows up either, will add that somehow in description
 I know! That's why it's not funny! ;)