• Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

CMRT doesn't recognize incoming email file
06-05-2020, 06:38 AM,
CMRT doesn't recognize incoming email file
Good afternoon,

I'm running into a problem with CMRT. When I drop the file into my incoming email folder (downloaded from DB website), CM doesn't recognize the file for some reason. I placed it in the saved game folder just incase and nothing there. When I create a game, the file shows up perfect in the outgoing folder. In the past, I've played a ton of CM2 games without experiencing this problem. Its been a few years since I last played, but I don't think my folder structure / install of CM2 has changed. I have V4 of the CM engine so that should be good. Don't know what to make of it.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks.
Quote this message in a reply
06-10-2020, 12:41 AM,
RE: CMRT doesn't recognize incoming email file
Sorry been away so I'm only seeing this now. The game will not show you files from newer versions. For CMRT the newest version is 2.02 (with the v4 engine). So, if you are on 2.00 and your opponent is on 2.02, for example, this can happen.

So, start with checking your version and your opponent's version.

You can to a quick test on your own machine. Start a PBEM game and then copy the outgoing .ema file into y our incoming folder and see if your game can see a file your create your self. You can play a couple of turns - by copying any new .ema file in your outgoing folder into your incoming folder as you lay both sides of the battle. That will confirm that things are OK on your end.
Author of: Whose Turn Is It? - http://www.lesliesoftware.com/products/WhoseTurnIsIt / CMFI Sicily Pathfinders(not playable H2H) / CMBS Opportunity Knocks (scenarios, maps and mods here)
06-10-2020, 10:45 AM,
(06-10-2020, 12:41 AM)A Canadian Cat Wrote: Sorry been away so I'm only seeing this now. The game will not show you files from newer versions. For CMRT the newest version is 2.02 (with the v4 engine). So, if you are on 2.00 and your opponent is  on 2.02, for example, this can happen.

So, start with checking your version and your opponent's version.

You can to a quick test on  your own machine. Start a PBEM game and then copy the outgoing .ema file into y our incoming folder and see if your game can see a file your create your self. You can play a couple of turns - by copying any new .ema file in your outgoing folder into  your incoming folder as you lay both sides of the battle. That will confirm that things are OK on your end.
Thank you, Canadian Cat! I have version 2.0. From looking at Battlefront website they were making big deal about game engine V4. so I thought I was gtg. I'll go re investigate how to update to 2.02.
Thanks again!
06-11-2020, 01:20 AM,
Check out this link: https://www.battlefront.com/patches

Scroll down to this:
CM2 Red Thunder

CMRT Engine 4 (v2.0 through v2.02)

That is the link that will download the patch for CMRT
Author of: Whose Turn Is It? - http://www.lesliesoftware.com/products/WhoseTurnIsIt / CMFI Sicily Pathfinders(not playable H2H) / CMBS Opportunity Knocks (scenarios, maps and mods here)