• Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

CM Helper
06-14-2020, 11:26 PM,
Help  CM Helper
Hello everyone,

I am playing a couple of PBEM Quick Battles with another member. I use DropBox like almost everyone else does but I am having one problem. My opponent sends me CM Helper chat files but I am not able to read them. I have downloaded and unzipped CM Helper but no matter what I do, I can't get it to work. I've read the instructions but I am at a total loss of what I am not doing right. Where should I install/unzip the program to? Should I unzip to my DropBox directory or somewhere else. I just want to get it to work. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Chris.
To a New Yorker, a hero is some type of weird sandwich, not some nut who takes on three Tigers (Oddball).
Quote this message in a reply
06-14-2020, 11:51 PM,
RE: CM Helper
(06-14-2020, 11:26 PM)WhiteWolf65 Wrote: Hello everyone,

I am playing a couple of PBEM Quick Battles with another member. I use DropBox like almost everyone else does but I am having one problem. My opponent sends me CM Helper chat files but I am not able to read them. I have downloaded and unzipped CM Helper but no matter what I do, I can't get it to work. I've read the instructions but I am at a total loss of what I am not doing right. Where should I install/unzip the program to? Should I unzip to my DropBox directory or somewhere else. I just want to get it to work. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Chris.

Hi Chris,

Here is the deal with CM Helper. I use it on a mac and love it, I have been using it for many years with no issues. It handles all the moving of files from the game folders to the dropbox folders and back to game folders. So you don't have to do it manually, great time saver. Note: CMHelper makes a chat file in dropbox to hold chat conversations between two people using that program. It makes the file whether or not there is any actual chat message. You install CM helper to you computer. Just like any of the CM games.  Setting it up is a bit involved. I would be happy to help, if needed. Send me a private message.

PL
To The LAST Man, with the LAST round ... We FIGHT!!![Image: CM.png]
"Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake." ~ Napoleon
06-15-2020, 03:31 AM,
(06-14-2020, 11:51 PM)Panzer Lehr Wrote:

Thanks,
Chris.

Hi Chris,

Here is the deal with CM Helper. I use it on a mac and love it, I have been using it for many years with no issues. It handles all the moving of files from the game folders to the dropbox folders and back to game folders. So you don't have to do it manually, great time saver. Note: CMHelper makes a chat file in dropbox to hold chat conversations between two people using that program. It makes the file whether or not there is any actual chat message. You install CM helper to you computer. Just like any of the CM games.  Setting it up is a bit involved. I would be happy to help, if needed. Send me a private message.

PL
PL,

Yes, I would appreciate it very much if you could help me. My OS is Windows 10.

Thanks,
Chris.
To a New Yorker, a hero is some type of weird sandwich, not some nut who takes on three Tigers (Oddball).
06-19-2020, 07:01 AM,
(06-15-2020, 03:31 AM)WhiteWolf65 Wrote:
(06-14-2020, 11:51 PM)Panzer Lehr Wrote:

Thanks,
Chris.

Hi Chris,

PL
PL,

Yes, I would appreciate it very much if you could help me. My OS is Windows 10.

Thanks,
Chris.

Just FYI   I have never used CM Helper and don't plan to use it.  You can get along just fine without it.
"A bad plan is still better than no plan at all." -- Mikhail Tal

[Image: pzV.jpg]