• Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

CMRT doesn't recognize incoming email file
06-05-2020, 01:56 AM,
CMRT doesn't recognize incoming email file
Good afternoon,

I'm running into a problem with CMRT. When I drop the file into my incoming email folder, CM doesn't recognize the file for some reason. I placed it in the saved game folder just incase and nothing there. When I create a game, the file shows up perfect in the outgoing folder. In the past, I've played a ton of CM2 games without experiencing this problem. Its been a few years since I last played, but I don't think my folder structure / install of CM2 has changed. I have V4 of the CM engine so that should be good. Don't know what to make of it.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks.
Quote this message in a reply
06-05-2020, 04:16 AM,
RE: CMRT doesn't recognize incoming email file
I used to have a similar problem years ago with CMx1 pbem games, it was caused when a file was sent as an attachment but wasn't zipped. My email provider caused some sort of corruption with the file....i solved it by always zipping a file up before email. No idea if this is the same problem with CMx2 titles though.

TTFN Matt
06-05-2020, 06:34 AM,
RE: CMRT doesn't recognize incoming email file
(06-05-2020, 04:16 AM)Fubar Wrote: I used to have a similar problem years ago with CMx1 pbem games, it was caused when a file was sent as an attachment but wasn't zipped. My email provider caused some sort of corruption with the file....i solved it by always zipping a file up before email. No idea if this is the same problem with CMx2 titles though.

TTFN Matt

Thanks for the reply! I'll definitely keep that in mind. However, I failed to state that I downloaded the file from the dropbox website. The DB app is giving me no end of trouble getting it to work. I can't even uninstall it, to reinstall. The uninstall hangs. I apologize also for posting this in the CM1 forum. I was looking for my post in the CM2 forum for replies and I couldn't see my post then realized I probably posted in wrong spot < head slap >. Thanks again. I"ll ask my opponent to email the file to me and see if that makes a difference.