• Blitz Shadow Player
  • Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

How to get rid of top down format - help!!
05-25-2020, 02:58 AM,
RE: How to get rid of top down format - help!!
I love the top down Mod, I don't want to revert back to the old graphics. and I love Ironhorses graphics generally, they look superb. 

But There are still some errors with the top down mod in Eagles strike, Various Nebelwerfers off centre in the 2d100 and 2d50bmp's are what I had noticed, there may be others, I haven't trawled the whole database, for me those are the most significant errors that I would like to see corrected.
"Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake. It is impolite."
Napoleon I
Quote this message in a reply
05-28-2020, 10:40 AM,
FWIW...I did not like the TD mod at first and reverted back only to encounter the issues mentioned....decided to stick with the TD mods and now I am fine with them...still a great game with lots under the hood...
05-29-2020, 10:41 AM,
Just wait till you see the British, French, Italians, Dutch, Belgians!! While I was off for 6 weeks on lockdown, I was 10 hours a day making graphics and adding in equipment, lots of new goodies on the way!
Meine Ehre heisst Treue

http://www.cslegion.com/
06-01-2020, 09:51 PM, (This post was last modified: 06-01-2020, 09:54 PM by Ashcloud.)
(05-28-2020, 10:40 AM)kolc Wrote: FWIW...I did not like the TD mod at first and reverted back only to encounter the issues mentioned....decided to stick with the TD mods and now I am fine with them...still a great game with lots under the hood...

I also don't like the TD look. I miss the portraits of Officers and the new Officer graphics have multiple men on the graphic instead of a single person - can that at least be fixed?

I love the games and wish I could afford to buy the whole series - at the current currency exchange that would cost me a fortune. The game play is still better than any at this tactical range in my opinion.
Send this user an email
06-02-2020, 06:38 AM,
Hey Ash, the mods I'm doing have single man counters for leaders. My Korean War one is up in the third party mods section, the other one am working on is going to cover the Blitzkrieg era first, it will be a cumulative mod, based on Pacific War, since that game covers all the years.
Meine Ehre heisst Treue

06-02-2020, 07:50 PM,
(06-02-2020, 06:38 AM)Warhorse Wrote: Hey Ash, the mods I'm doing have single man counters for leaders. My Korean War one is up in the third party mods section, the other one am working on is going to cover the Blitzkrieg era first, it will be a cumulative mod, based on Pacific War, since that game covers all the years.

Thanks, good to know - unfortunately I only have WW1. I used to have a whole bunch of others on old CD but have lost the CD's along the way and they so expensive to replace now.
Send this user an email
06-03-2020, 12:30 AM,
(06-02-2020, 06:38 AM)Warhorse Wrote: Hey Ash, the mods I'm doing have single man counters for leaders. My Korean War one is up in the third party mods section, the other one am working on is going to cover the Blitzkrieg era first, it will be a cumulative mod, based on Pacific War, since that game covers all the years.

Do need to buy Pacific War, then, Warhorse, to be able to use your mods? And are you, therefore, doing scenarios set in the Blitzkreig, but played from within Pacific War? Or have I misunderstood?  Thanks.
06-03-2020, 04:18 AM, (This post was last modified: 06-03-2020, 04:19 AM by TheBigRedOne.)
(06-03-2020, 12:30 AM)phoenix Wrote:

Do need to buy Pacific War, then, Warhorse, to be able to use your mods? And are you, therefore, doing scenarios set in the Blitzkreig, but played from within Pacific War? Or have I misunderstood?  Thanks.

You will have to buy PacWar in order to play his mod because it runs off that exe file.  It's similar to the old games mods like Africa at War, which was also based on PW.

FWIW, I was not a fan of the top-down version, either, which makes me feel like I'm dishonoring our late comrade, Ed. I think I'm just too old and too used to the old way that the graphics look like....
Site Commander: Task Force Echo 4
06-03-2020, 04:33 AM,
(05-24-2020, 06:06 AM)phoenix Wrote: Just coming back to AotR and RV and I installed the new versions and, surprisingly, got everything in the top down format. I really really don't like it. Using the contents of the 'orig graphics' folders in the 'notes' folder seems to leave a butchered game,with pictures missing etc.  See the pic, for example. 

Can anyone help? Can i get rid of this mod? Like I said, the revert folders in the Notes folder don't seem to work, as below....

Thanks.. 

[Image: 1.png]

I took the picture files from the original version of the game and put it in a folder.  Put all the image file and others that are probably not necessary, poke around and see if this helps.

https://app.box.com/s/akctifk8di9gjbb3xjlhnhr7x85z6jh5
Site Commander: Task Force Echo 4
06-03-2020, 07:01 AM,
(06-03-2020, 12:30 AM)phoenix Wrote:

Yes, I had started it in the AoTR game, but realized it only covered a few years, date-wise. I already have made a few scenario's, finishing up adding in Italy, then Ethiopia so that some fun can be done in that area as well. Probably going to be a month or two till the first part of the game will be ready. The second part is going to be covering the African campaigns!!
Meine Ehre heisst Treue