• Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

#16_14s Wacht am Rhein (Herbstnebel)
07-23-2020, 07:10 AM, (This post was last modified: 07-23-2020, 07:13 AM by Plain Ian. Edit Reason: grammar! )
RE: #16_14s Wacht am Rhein (Herbstnebel)
(07-22-2020, 03:51 PM)ComradeP Wrote: The stats on that Festung infantry unit look decent, and the assault value is better than the US value in the same screenshot.

There will be adjustments for quality, but that's a D quality unit you can fight with.
Yes that Festung MG 44 unit does look pretty good. Its a C rated unit so I don't think that this is a stomach battalion? It has an amazing A/A. It breaks down into 4 coy sized units too. It starts the scenario stacked with a Pioneer unit and un Fixed. So you can guess what the next move is. 

The only downside I can see is that it is tied to the LIII.AK which is Fixed. I'm not sure if this HQ releases during the game or whether its units are transferable?

In my other AAR I can still remember an MG unit being used to chase the 4th Division back across the L'Alzette.

[Image: 2020-07-22_21h10_32.png]

Yes the stats for the 'equivalent' US unit are poorer if you look at the 3 coy infantry component but it has 540 men. Here is A/1/424th. However if you add in the heavy weapon company D/1/424th then things more than even up. Plus of course there is still the A/T component. Add in better command and motorisation and the Festung unit is starting to look a bit paltry.

The 1/424th is the unit I will have to beat at Steinebruch if I am to make any progress towards Saint Vith. Its a good C rated unit, the same as the rest of the 424th Regiment. Unfortunately the rest of the Regiment are now trapped and about top be overran in the woods to the south east.

The 2/423rd (B) is stationed just north of Saint Vith. Its also full strength but has the same rating as the rest of the 106th Division which is D.

[Image: 2020-07-22_21h05_35.png]

I think that's enough anorak stuff.  Smile
Quote this message in a reply