• Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Scenario remakes and other tidbits
03-24-2021, 07:27 PM, (This post was last modified: 03-24-2021, 07:37 PM by zap.)
RE: Scenario remakes and other tidbits
A heads up on the EF scenario   "Arctic Front: Metal Gods"

If you go to EFII and start a new game you will see that the Finns move first and for whatever reason they are listed as the allies.  looking at our last turn you can see that the Russians move last and once again for whatever reason they are listed as the axis. Also if you look at the scenario download page on "The Blitz" you will see that the Finns are listed as the first player.

Also during the turns Russian when selecting units, their uniform color would show as the Finns blue color. As well the Finns changed color as well.

The game plays without error, otherwise. That, color change of uniform was confusing at first, then you get used to it.
Quote this message in a reply
03-24-2021, 07:32 PM, (This post was last modified: 03-24-2021, 09:43 PM by Big Ivan.)
(03-24-2021, 02:14 PM)zap Wrote: playing the EF scenario (Clash at Malakov crossroads ) with Hawk. He noted this:  "Just so you know.  The German 2 Wespe SP Artillery units and the Hummel SP artillery unit cannot fire.  
 They are in the OOB but where not added to any organization, so they have no HQ".

Is their an easy fix for that?

Interesting. I don't see those units in the org file. However I do see them listed in the scheduling dialog on Turn 5 in the scenario editor.

I think with the designer did was construct the scenario "Clash at Malakov Crossroads" normally with a map and org file. Then saved it. Then for some unknown reason went back into the org file and deleted those units (Battalion HQ, 2xWespi & 1xHummel). However he didn't go back and modify his scenario by taking that Turn 5 scheduling entry out.

I tested this by deleting the selected reinforcement in the scenario editor. It didn't pop back into the forces dialog so its not in the org file.
03-24-2021, 08:23 PM,
(03-24-2021, 07:32 PM)Big Ivan Wrote:
(03-24-2021, 02:14 PM)zap Wrote: playing the EF scenario (Clash at Malakov crossroads ) with Hawk. He noted this:  "Just so you know.  The German 2 Wespe SP Artillery units and the Hummel SP artillery unit cannot fire.  
 They are in the OOB but where not added to any organization, so they have no HQ".

Is their an easy fix for that?

Interesting. I don't see those units in the org file. However I do see them listed in the scheduling dialog on Turn 5 in the scenario editor.

I think with the designer did was construct the scenario "Clash at Malakov Crossroads" normally with a map and org file. Then saved it. Then for some unknown reason went back into the org file and deleted those units (Battalion HQ, 2xWespi & 1xHummel). However he didn't go back and modify his scenario by taking that Turn 5 scheduling entry.

I tested this by deleting the selected reinforcement in the scenario editor. It didn't pop back into the forces dialog so its not in the org file.

Thanks for looking at this one John. So you think, that the designer didn't want them in. So I should try and contact him to let him know so he could fix it. That is if he is still available.
03-24-2021, 09:42 PM, (This post was last modified: 03-24-2021, 09:46 PM by Big Ivan.)
Rico is the same guy (I think) that occasionally hangs around the Matrix forum for "Tigers on the Hunt" among other sub forums but I haven't seem him too active there in a long time. However he did post a couple of weeks ago. He lives is Spain I believe but not sure.

You could actually fix this yourself for the scenario, but not any ongoing games I don't believe.

First: Go in the org file for the scenario and add under Kampfgroup Obemayer a Mechanized Artillery Battalion for the Germans. Which would be a Battalion HQ + 2xWespi + 1xHummel and make sure your morale matches that of the parent unit.

Second: Go in the scenario editor and under Settings click on View/Delete Reinforcements. It will pull up a pop down menu. Look for Turn 5 it will say 5 (100%) at 0,0 Axis Battalion HQ (mot)...  Delete that line with the Delete button. Then get out of that menu by hitting the X at top right.

Third: On the map find hex 0,0 top left. Click it. Then go to Force Dialog and open the Kampfgroup one there. You will see the unit listed there in First step above. Open it up and place your Battalion HQ, the Wespi's and Hummel on hex 0,0. Highlight them all and place as a reinforcement using settings again with the Add Reinforcement option. Then get out of setting and save the scenario.

Wa-La your done and it should be fixed.

If you have trouble yell and I can do it for you and repost the scenario here.

Actually I don't know his intention whether or not if he wanted the reinforcement in. Could be but it could be honest error too.

Regards and good luck,
John
03-25-2021, 05:00 AM,
Thanks for looking into this Big Ivan. 

I suspect that the artillery should be there.  The Germans have almost no artillery support without it. 

Interesting to see if we can find out.
03-25-2021, 06:28 AM,
I contacted Rico recently (through e-mail) concerning another scenario he has here. He did not respond. So I'm pretty sure he won't  respond to this request as well.
03-25-2021, 10:25 AM, (This post was last modified: 03-25-2021, 12:24 PM by Big Ivan.)
I can produce a modified scenario adding the German mechanized artillery and post the files here. Looking at the force mix I agree with Hawk, the artillery needs to be there w/o it the German's have a difficult time at best.

Credit where credit is do. Lion share still goes to Rico.

But before I do that, let me see if I can contact Rico (he is a good guy) through Matrix.

Regards,
John
03-25-2021, 02:30 PM, (This post was last modified: 03-25-2021, 02:31 PM by zap.)
John we decided to play it through as is. We were on turn 5 of a 14 turn scenario when I posted this. Thank you for the temporary fix instructions. I hope you are able to contact him for future playing of this scenario. He has made some very good scenarios in CS. I know he is a prolific scenario producer for many different games. My hat is off to him.
03-27-2021, 10:30 AM,
All, Best to catch RicoS on Facebook, however, I asked him in a chat last year for Phil on 3 Sisters scenarios, and he has NO CS stuff saved..

Quoted
6/25/20, 6:40 PM
You sent June 25, 2020
off the loose ends of sanity... would you still happen to have any of your WF scenarios you made for the TAG tourney.. I have requests for them from some diehard CS gamers. I have tag 2 but not the others. LMK! thanks!
"Rico sent June 26, 2020
Hi -- nope, don't have any of the CS stuff anymore, sorry."

I have an EXTENSIVE collection of CS scenarios, on a couple of CDs I saved, from my days as the "wicker man" here...
I'll climb the attic stairs, and try to find the box they're in, for you all. I think I made a copy of every scenario ever submitted back in those good ole days..

Phil, I think we went thru this before? perhaps I dropped off your radar, and never followed thru?

Dev
Faith Divides Us, Death Unites Us.... "We were never to say die or surrender" -- Chard
03-27-2021, 10:24 PM, (This post was last modified: 03-27-2021, 10:32 PM by zap.)
DEV,

I vaguely remember you having posted on your follow up to that Tag scenario of Rico's which was missing the file. My memory faded on your contacting him through Facebook. I'll try Facebook.
The scenario we are speaking about has a Blitz data base file. So its a different case. We would just need his permission/ willingness to allow John to add the two units. (or he himself stopping by to add the two units). If that was his plan for the units we are speaking about.

That would be excellent if you do have and find the disk of scenarios. It could be a treasure trove.