• Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Scenario remakes and other tidbits
08-19-2020, 12:49 PM, (This post was last modified: 08-19-2020, 04:17 PM by zap.)
RE: Scenario remakes and other tidbits
Okay, another puzzle. I'm playing "meeting engagement at Bogoduhkov" when I go to the search function here and type in that name it will not take me to the page. But if i type in "Bogoduhkov" it will take me to it. Here's the strange thing. My opponent comes here and does the search he can get the scenario using both ways. I wonder why this is? Does it have something to do with my end? Maybe my virus protect?
Quote this message in a reply
08-20-2020, 03:06 AM,
(08-19-2020, 12:49 PM)zap Wrote: Okay, another puzzle. I'm playing "meeting engagement at Bogoduhkov" when I go to the search function here and type in that name it will not take me to the page. But if i type in "Bogoduhkov" it will take me to it. Here's the strange thing. My opponent comes here and does the search he can get the scenario using both ways. I wonder why this is? Does it have something to do with my end? Maybe my virus protect?

No, nothing to do with anti-virus. More likely a typo, but hard to say. I cut and pasted the above into the search, with nothing else selected except custom scenario under "type" and it came up immediately. You could try using another browser in case it's a caching thing, but that's extremely unlikely. All I can say is it isn't a website thing, the search function is working as intended, as far as I can see.

Dave
Resolve then, that on this very ground, with small flags waving and tinny blasts on tiny trumpets, we shall meet the enemy, and not only may he be ours, he may be us. --Walt Kelly
Send this user an email
08-20-2020, 06:51 AM,
(08-20-2020, 03:06 AM)Scud Wrote:
(08-19-2020, 12:49 PM)zap Wrote: Okay, another puzzle. I'm playing "meeting engagement at Bogoduhkov" when I go to the search function here and type in that name it will not take me to the page. But if i type in "Bogoduhkov" it will take me to it. Here's the strange thing. My opponent comes here and does the search he can get the scenario using both ways. I wonder why this is? Does it have something to do with my end? Maybe my virus protect?

No, nothing to do with anti-virus. More likely a typo, but hard to say. I cut and pasted the above into the search, with nothing else selected except custom scenario under "type" and it came up immediately. You could try using another browser in case it's a caching thing, but that's extremely unlikely. All I can say is it isn't a website thing, the search function is working as intended, as far as I can see.

Dave

When I enter the above I get the following below:

#190 Meeting Engagement 2nd Bull Run
(Meet, 45 Turns) A BLIND meeting engagement This variant of the one day version of the historical scenario of 2nd Bull Run will play with no additional units.
Read More

[Image: generic.jpg]
Cold Snow - Hot Steel
TitleCold Snow - Hot Steel TypeStatic operation / meeting engagement DateNov 1944 RegionGerman border WeatherMixed TerrainRural with light snow Turns3 battles 20(+) turns each (2x day 1x night) Ply recommendation2 players only Author Bert “OWL” Wijnhoud ...
Read More

ROE - 18. Suspension/ Ban & Loss Of Privileges.
Ladder Commanders have the right to Suspend/Ban players from participation on their forums, ladders or both. A Suspension/Ban is usually reserved for those instances of breaching the Rules of engagement (ROE), misconduct or obnoxious behavior by members. A suspension/ban is for offenses that are not serious enough to warrant outright dismissal from the club. A Suspension/Ban may vary from 1
Read More
08-20-2020, 09:46 AM,
Ah, I think I know what's going on. You're using the magnifying search tool at the top of this page, right? That searches the entire site for any and all words in the search string. So it finds "engagement" on the rules page and "Meeting Engagement" on a Civil War scenario. You can search for Zap and it might find posts where you've been mentioned, or your bio page, or you could enclose the search string in quotes, like "Zap is looking for an opponent" and it will only find that exact sentence. No quotes and it will find Zap and looking and opponents. Tips on searching can be found here: https://time.com/4116259/google-search/ Those tips are pretty much universal, not just google.

Where most of us at the Blitz search for scenarios is the area meant specifically for that. It only searches that column in the database under "scenarios". When searching for scenarios, go to the scenarios button in the top nav, then click the "search scenarios" link at the top on the right: https://www.theblitz.club/scenarios/b-15...ion=search

Now try your search for Meeting Engagement at Bogoduhkov.

My sleuthing work here is done.  Big Grin

Dave
Resolve then, that on this very ground, with small flags waving and tinny blasts on tiny trumpets, we shall meet the enemy, and not only may he be ours, he may be us. --Walt Kelly
Send this user an email
08-20-2020, 10:07 AM,
(08-20-2020, 09:46 AM)Scud Wrote: Ah, I think I know what's going on. You're using the magnifying search tool at the top of this page, right? That searches the entire site for any and all words in the search string. So it finds "engagement" on the rules page and "Meeting Engagement" on a Civil War scenario. You can search for Zap and it might find posts where you've been mentioned, or your bio page, or you could enclose the search string in quotes, like "Zap is looking for an opponent" and it will only find that exact sentence. No quotes and it will find Zap and looking and opponents. Tips on searching can be found here: https://time.com/4116259/google-search/ Those tips are pretty much universal, not just google.

Where most of us at the Blitz search for scenarios is the area meant specifically for that. It only searches that column in the database under "scenarios". When searching for scenarios, go to the scenarios button in the top nav, then click the "search scenarios" link at the top on the right: https://www.theblitz.club/scenarios/b-15...ion=search

Now try your search for Meeting Engagement at Bogoduhkov.

My sleuthing work here is done.  Big Grin

Dave

Oh that was helpful. thank you. Thats the the first time I saw that page.
01-26-2021, 11:25 PM, (This post was last modified: 01-26-2021, 11:31 PM by zap.)
A scenario that does not have a download. Done by Jason Petho. EF   "A Battle of Encirclement"

Not sure if he decided to pull it to balance it out better. Comment make it in favor of axis. Or is there some other explanation
01-27-2021, 06:44 AM,
(01-26-2021, 11:25 PM)zap Wrote: A scenario that does not have a download. Done by Jason Petho. EF   "A Battle of Encirclement"

Not sure if he decided to pull it to balance it out better. Comment make it in favor of axis. Or is there some other explanation

"[This scenario is intended to be played with the Blitzkrieg EFII expansion pack installed]"

I'll let Jason explain, but my guess is he didn't feel a 100 turn scenario should be included with the stock JTCS games(?) So you'd need the original expansion pack installed. Just guessing, though.

Dave
Send this user an email
01-27-2021, 07:03 AM,
(01-27-2021, 06:44 AM)Scud Wrote:
(01-26-2021, 11:25 PM)zap Wrote: A scenario that does not have a download. Done by Jason Petho. EF   "A Battle of Encirclement"

"[This scenario is intended to be played with the Blitzkrieg EFII expansion pack installed]"

I'll let Jason explain, but my guess is he didn't feel a 100 turn scenario should be included with the stock JTCS games(?) So you'd need the original expansion pack installed. Just guessing, though.

Dave

Expansion pack, which I don't have. so it would not work for me then.
01-27-2021, 10:33 AM,
No, that won't work with the stock JTCS

The Odessa and Smolensk related scenarios will all be rebuilt and included in East Front III.
Send this user an email
03-24-2021, 02:14 PM,
playing the EF scenario (Clash at Malakov crossroads ) with Hawk. He noted this:  "Just so you know.  The German 2 Wespe SP Artillery units and the Hummel SP artillery unit cannot fire.  
 They are in the OOB but where not added to any organization, so they have no HQ".

Is their an easy fix for that?