• Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Scenario remakes and other tidbits
07-15-2020, 03:30 AM, (This post was last modified: 07-15-2020, 03:32 AM by Scud.)
RE: Scenario remakes and other tidbits
(07-14-2020, 05:50 PM)zap Wrote:
(06-20-2020, 12:30 AM)zap Wrote: Can't find these scenarios. does anyone have the files? "WF" Tag League 1  The three sisters and  Tag League 3   Sidi el Kriegi. They are in the data Base but no downloads available. Not in the stock files.

Dave clarifying some confusion.

I found that the above two scenario entries should be deleted from the WF Data base. These are actually duplicates. WF "Tag League The three sisters" is actually  EF Data entry "Courting the three sisters" by Rico those files are there.

The second "Tag League Sidi el Kriegi" is actually a WF data file entry called "The fight for Sidi el Kriegi. However, that file is missing, its not a stock file. If you look here, at the Blitz,  Custom Scenario Spotlight there was a discussion about the the tournament these two scenarios were used.

An e-mail was sent to Rico both here and through Matrix Games site. I received no response. I noticed Hawk and Cam played in this tournament. Maybe, Hawk still has that file for "The fight for Sidi el Kriegi". I'll send out a e-mail to Cam to check if he has it.

Here is an interesting thing. I saw 2 entries for WF " Courting The three Sisters" scenario From a comment by Ed it looks as though he played both versions. Could, one of those been altered a little by Rico for the tournament? Thus a little different. So I would suggest to keep both entries. Ed noted a difference in play

One other thing I noticed. When I downloaded the files for WF scenario "Break out at Bennicourt" I got .rar files connected to a laptop? seemed strange and it may only be my computer. I was able to convert the .rar files. If they do come downloaded as .rar files should they be converted, so future down loaders don't have that issue.

I don't want to get into database management of duplicate scenario entries. They can be combined, but I have no idea if there are differences in the versions. Therefore I leave that up to the designers to manage. The "Tag League" scenarios were obviously meant for a tournament, but why Rico decided to make new database entries is beyond me. Perhaps he thought it would be easier to manage his tournament? Or maybe there are slight differences that better adapt to whatever the tourney rules were? Dunno. Since there are game play entries made, I'm going to leave them alone.

Nothing I can do about "The Fight for Sidi el Kriegi". Designers need to check their scenarios and make sure the download links work. If someone has the files I can fix or they can do it themselves, but I couldn't find them.

As for the Breakout scenario, I made the .rar a .zip and reuploaded it. .rar is just another tool for archiving files. It usually makes a smaller size than a zip, but why confuse people. Nice catch.

Thanks,
Dave
Resolve then, that on this very ground, with small flags waving and tinny blasts on tiny trumpets, we shall meet the enemy, and not only may he be ours, he may be us. --Walt Kelly
Send this user an email
Quote this message in a reply
07-15-2020, 05:07 AM,
Hello All,

I finally have gotten my old computer up and running.  Biggest issue was trying to find a serial cable to hook up a monitor.

I was to briefly look through my EF, RS and WF scenarios.   I have a lot of obscure scenarios from Curt Cabbage, KKR, vonNiemeck, Steve Wykmans and more.

If people give me the names of the scenarios that are not in the database (please send me as much info as possible) and I will go through my files to see what I have.
07-15-2020, 06:35 AM,
Thanks Erik!

Farmer

HSL
07-15-2020, 08:05 AM,
Dave so, now you know for future questions you may receive about those entries.  The great part, no detective fees from me. $0.00  Sherlock

Thank you Hawk
07-15-2020, 08:44 AM, (This post was last modified: 07-15-2020, 08:45 AM by zap.)

.zip   III Panzer Corps.zip (Size: 48.08 KB / Downloads: 12) I'm playing EF  scenario "Frustrations of the 3rd Panzer - Von Ealrmann. The download link does not work. Pawel sent me the files
07-15-2020, 09:38 AM,
Thanks Phillip, I'll buy you one of those Sherlock Holmes hats. Thanks Erik, for offering to help.

The lost Von Earlmann's "**Frustrations of III Panzer Korps" has been found and now has a link.

Dave
Resolve then, that on this very ground, with small flags waving and tinny blasts on tiny trumpets, we shall meet the enemy, and not only may he be ours, he may be us. --Walt Kelly
Send this user an email
07-15-2020, 11:47 PM, (This post was last modified: 07-17-2020, 09:24 AM by zap.)
So, I have been playing more games recently, which leads me to look for different scenarios. Here are some I tried to download that have no download button or the button says no files available.

West Front:

"West Front Team Game"  by Von Earl
"West Front"  by Serge j. Brulotte

If anyone has them I would appreciate the files. They seem to be older entries because i don't recognize some of the usernames.
07-17-2020, 04:39 AM,
Found out something I didnt' know. The WF scenario by Von Earl  "WF TEAM GAME" was a Campaign style game run by Earl. So I don't think those files would be recoverable.
07-17-2020, 06:05 AM,
(07-15-2020, 11:47 PM)zap Wrote: So, I have been playing more games recently, which leads me to look for different scenarios. Here are some I tried to download that have no download button or the button says no files available.

West Front:
"When courage was not enough" by Saunders&Blackie
"West Front Team Game"  by Von Earl
"West Front"  by Serge j. Brulotte

If anyone has them I would appreciate the files. They seem to be older entries because i don't recognize some of the usernames.

"When courage was not enough" by Saunders & Blackie is a stock scenario and heavily favors the axis.

"West Front Team Game" you resolved.

"West Front"  by Serge j. Brulotte I don't have. I haven't seen Chrome around in years. I don't think he was interested in the game after Talonsoft went under. At any rate, it's a very old scenario. I don't know the others who played it, but Yossarian rated it and he's still active. Maybe he has it?

Dave
Send this user an email
07-17-2020, 09:17 AM,
I missed that one being in the stock game.