• Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Scenario remakes and other tidbits
07-07-2020, 05:53 AM, (This post was last modified: 07-07-2020, 06:31 AM by zap.)
RE: Scenario remakes and other tidbits

.zip   Salerno.zip (Size: 209.26 KB / Downloads: 9) 3rd in series "Salerno a bridgehead too easy"  65 turns level 10.

Understand I'm not speaking up for these 3 scenarios as far as balance or enjoy-ability. Actually the only one that has any report is "The Montecorvino Airfield" scenario 65 turns level 10. You can see it on the WF data page here at the Blitz. They are all beach assaults The allied layer has many landing craft to move in all three.
Quote this message in a reply
07-07-2020, 12:37 PM,
(07-07-2020, 01:47 AM)zap Wrote: Luca was so kind as to find his scenario files and send them to me. Its a level 10 65 turns. He also has 2 others. I asked if he would not enter the three into the WF data base. He may contact you Dave to ask for your help to load them into the data files. 
So if you are looking to play a large scenario this might be an option. They all have to do with the Avalanche offensive.

Thanks Phil, I'll help him anytime.
Resolve then, that on this very ground, with small flags waving and tinny blasts on tiny trumpets, we shall meet the enemy, and not only may he be ours, he may be us. --Walt Kelly
Send this user an email
07-07-2020, 04:11 PM,
(07-07-2020, 12:37 PM)Scud Wrote:
(07-07-2020, 01:47 AM)zap Wrote: Luca was so kind as to find his scenario files and send them to me. Its a level 10 65 turns. He also has 2 others. I asked if he would not enter the three into the WF data base. He may contact you Dave to ask for your help to load them into the data files. 
So if you are looking to play a large scenario this might be an option. They all have to do with the Avalanche offensive.

Thanks Phil, I'll help him anytime.

Dave These are the files he sent me for the three scenarios.
07-07-2020, 04:12 PM,
(07-07-2020, 05:45 AM)zap Wrote: the 2nd scenario in the Gulf of Salerno series  "Wall of Paestum" 55 turns level 10.

Thank you kind sir.
Send this user an email
07-07-2020, 09:42 PM,
Hi zap,

Much thanks for sharing these 3 scenarios involving battles in Italy. I remember the airfield one from long long ago. Think I was using the original West Front or perhaps version 1.03. Big Grin2

At any rate thanks again!! Big Grin

John
07-08-2020, 08:01 AM,
Thanks Phillip. All three have been entered into the database. "The Wall of Paestum" had never been entered, so I made a new entry, the other two just needed the links reestablished.

For those who were unaware, years ago there was a bug in the programming. If a designer decided to modify his scenario, maybe to fix a typo in the briefing, the program expected him to reupload his scenario files, even if it was the same. If he didn't, the link broke. There are other reasons that might happen, but I think that was most often the case. The bug was fixed years ago, but the damage was done.

Eric Bonner and I went through all the zips we could find on the website, opened all the scenario files to get their names, then checked to see if the download links were there. Took us a long time, since the zip names and the scenario names are often different. We found a bunch, but there were many we couldn't find.

Designers, check to see if your download links are there. Players can reach out to designers if they come across any that are missing by emailing them through their Blitz email like Phil did.

Again, nice job Zap. 
Good Job

Dave
Resolve then, that on this very ground, with small flags waving and tinny blasts on tiny trumpets, we shall meet the enemy, and not only may he be ours, he may be us. --Walt Kelly
Send this user an email
07-13-2020, 09:41 PM,
Büllingen-Bütgenbach   WF

Tried to download files but it says not available. Looking at the the designers names I pretty sure they re unavailable. if no one has them I will try to contact some of the players who are on the list 
07-14-2020, 01:42 AM,
(07-13-2020, 09:41 PM)zap Wrote: Büllingen-Bütgenbach   WF

Tried to download files but it says not available. Looking at the the designers names I pretty sure they re unavailable. if no one has them I will try to contact some of the players who are on the list 

Thanks Phillip. I had the files, so fixed it. Works now.

Dave
Send this user an email
07-14-2020, 03:58 AM,
thank you
07-14-2020, 05:50 PM, (This post was last modified: 07-14-2020, 06:36 PM by zap.)
(06-20-2020, 12:30 AM)zap Wrote: Can't find these scenarios. does anyone have the files? "WF" Tag League 1  The three sisters and  Tag League 3   Sidi el Kriegi. They are in the data Base but no downloads available. Not in the stock files.

Dave clarifying some confusion.

I found that the above two scenario entries should be deleted from the WF Data base. These are actually duplicates. WF "Tag League The three sisters" is actually  EF Data entry "Courting the three sisters" by Rico those files are there.

The second "Tag League Sidi el Kriegi" is actually a WF data file entry called "The fight for Sidi el Kriegi. However, that file is missing, its not a stock file. If you look here, at the Blitz, Custom Scenario Spotlight there was a discussion about the the tournament these two scenarios were used.

An e-mail was sent to Rico both here and through Matrix Games site. I received no response. I noticed Hawk and Cam played in this tournament. Maybe, Hawk still has that file for "The fight for Sidi el Kriegi". I'll send out a e-mail to Cam to check if he has it.

Here is an interesting thing. I saw 2 entries for WF " Courting The three Sisters" scenario From a comment by Ed it looks as though he played both versions. Could, one of those been altered a little by Rico for the tournament? Thus a little different. So I would suggest to keep both entries. Ed noted a difference in play

One other thing I noticed. When I downloaded the files for WF scenario "Break out at Bennicourt" I got .rar files connected to a laptop? seemed strange and it may only be my computer. I was able to convert the .rar files. If they do come downloaded as .rar files should they be converted, so future down loaders don't have that issue.