• Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Disruption info on counter?
04-25-2020, 04:45 AM, (This post was last modified: 04-25-2020, 04:51 AM by Mowgli.)
Disruption info on counter?
Hello, gentlemen!

I was wondering if anyone can point me to a mod mod that adds a disruption marker to the unit counters?

It eludes me how there is no disruption marker in the game, given how important the status is. You only get markers for "pinned" and "demoralized", so you have to check all your and the opponent's units every turn by clicking on them individually to see which ones recovered and which ones still keep their heads down.

This is a huge oversight?
Quote this message in a reply
04-28-2020, 02:50 AM,
RE: Disruption info on counter?
Looks like no available cells for it in the Symbols graphic.
Meine Ehre heisst Treue

http://www.cslegion.com/
04-29-2020, 04:59 AM, (This post was last modified: 04-29-2020, 04:59 AM by Mowgli.)
There are many empty cells in the bmp. file, but it seems as if none of them are linked to the "disruption" (=suppressed) status.

Unpolished! :(
04-29-2020, 11:28 AM,
That's what I mean, it would need to be programmed to use a certain cell. The cells are usually consecutive, but there isn't one next to the pinned and Demoralized, they should have left one for it, but oh well.
Meine Ehre heisst Treue

05-11-2020, 09:54 PM,
Another thing that is desperately missing is a range indicator/overlay for half effective range (*1 firepower zone). Also, the manual doesn't tell if the effective range is rounded up or down.
05-16-2020, 03:25 AM,
(05-11-2020, 09:54 PM)Mowgli Wrote: Another thing that is desperately missing is a range indicator/overlay for half effective range (*1 firepower zone). Also, the manual doesn't tell if the effective range is rounded up or down.

That would be a great idea, I second that motion, Mowgli!

I don't know how much time I spend counting half range for a US M60 or a German MG42.
Quote:Me and General McAulliffe decided to move I Company up on the line. That is, if you agree.
- SGT Kinnie to PFC Holley, Battleground, 1949
05-18-2020, 09:44 AM,
Where I appreciate the thoughts on this thread, the bottom line is with SB, what you have is what you're going to get. It's fairly common knowledge that the SB series really won't have much changed from JTS's end going forward. Panzer Battles is taking up the bulk of the resources, as is the Campaign Series.

The fact is, SB was actually one of Tiller's favorite projects. I actually, naively, EMAILed him back when I was trying to get into computer wargaming and he steered me towards SB rather than the Campaign games. Problem is, not enough people joined on board, and the sales for the SB series always seriously lagged the other games. The folks on the team were never told the actual numbers, but it was significant enough for the series to lose traction, which is truly unfortunate. We tackled some cool, smaller conflicts, but the SCW, Winter War and Falklands, while great games, were never going to compete with the larger WWII titles. SB was perfectly suited for those smaller conflicts, but not enough people wanted to venture into Afghanistan as the Soviets, which is a pity. That game is awesome. Even IronX's mods never got a ton of downloads, I saw the numbers when it was on TFE4. It was hundreds of downloads, not thousands.

Sure, the graphics were never great, but there were enough mods to fix that. The armor issue was never perfect, but some rules were changed to try to fix some of the shortcomings, and the game was always geared as an infantry level game, not armor-heavy.

A major overhaul of the code was never considered because of the cost and the resources. It is what it is, this game isn't HALO and making millions for Tiller. The arguments I've been seeing have been hashed out for the last 10 years. Again, at this point, it is what it is. Take what you can from the game, if you're so inclined, make some great mods to spruce the game up, but don't expect much from JTS going forward. It's in the hands of the fans to do things. Hell, I heard people crying for 10 years to get a full map editor. Well, folks, you got one now. Have at it and make some content. I'll keep Task Force Echo up as long as folks want to put their new stuff on the site....
Site Commander: Task Force Echo 4
06-20-2020, 01:02 PM, (This post was last modified: 06-20-2020, 01:11 PM by bigus.)
(05-18-2020, 09:44 AM)TheBigRedOne Wrote: Where I appreciate the thoughts on this thread, the bottom line is with SB, what you have is what you're going to get.  It's fairly common knowledge that the SB series really won't have much changed from JTS's end going forward.  Panzer Battles is taking up the bulk of the resources, as is the Campaign Series.

The fact is, SB was actually one of Tiller's favorite projects.  I actually, naively, EMAILed him back when I was trying to get into computer wargaming and he steered me towards SB rather than the Campaign games.  Problem is, not enough people joined on board, and the sales for the SB series always seriously lagged the other games.  The folks on the team were never told the actual numbers, but it was significant enough for the series to lose traction, which is truly unfortunate.  We tackled some cool, smaller conflicts, but the SCW, Winter War and Falklands, while great games, were never going to compete with the larger WWII titles.  SB was perfectly suited for those smaller conflicts, but not enough people wanted to venture into Afghanistan as the Soviets, which is a pity.  That game is awesome.  Even IronX's mods never got a ton of downloads, I saw the numbers when it was on TFE4.  It was hundreds of downloads, not thousands.

Sure, the graphics were never great, but there were enough mods to fix that.  The armor issue was never perfect, but some rules were changed to try to fix some of the shortcomings, and the game was always geared as an infantry level game, not armor-heavy.  

A major overhaul of the code was never considered because of the cost and the resources.  It is what it is, this game isn't HALO and making millions for Tiller.  The arguments I've been seeing have been hashed out for the last 10 years.  Again, at this point, it is what it is.  Take what you can from the game, if you're so inclined, make some great mods to spruce the game up, but don't expect much from JTS going forward.  It's in the hands of the fans to do things.  Hell, I heard people crying for 10 years to get a full map editor.  Well, folks, you got one now.  Have at it and make some content.  I'll keep Task Force Echo up as long as folks want to put their new stuff on the site....

Way to go..........

Now do I want to spend $50 on a game that has problems and/or no support?
06-21-2020, 01:39 AM,
Your choice, but now with the chance to do Blitzkrieg, Afrika Corps and others as soon as I get my mod done, makes a lot of battles previously unavailable!! I've got all the graphics in right now, making scenario's to get folks started. The first iteration covers Italo-Ethiopian conflicts through the Blitzkrieg, the second will cover desert conflict, then will move on from there. Have quite a few scenario's already. This is using Pacific War as the base. It started using AoTR, so a lot of the stock AoTR scenario's would be able to be played using this mod!
Meine Ehre heisst Treue