• Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

PBEM Seriously Flawed
04-19-2020, 10:54 AM, (This post was last modified: 04-19-2020, 12:07 PM by Tactician.)
Help  PBEM Seriously Flawed
PBEM needs a patch asap.  The process is flawed due to a serious error.
When you receive a pbem from your opponent, go to AI in top menu.  Which ever side your opponent is, highlight it and hit manual.

You will see everything they have via God mode.  I don't believe this has not been discovered by other players.  This must be exposed to stop ladder victory score padding.

A patch to fix this is needed ASAP or the Campaign Series pbem is junk.  Calls into question the entire ladder win loss record.  No way I, and the person who showed me are the only ones who knew this.
Please , please fix.
04-19-2020, 12:18 PM, (This post was last modified: 04-19-2020, 12:27 PM by Wolfgang.)
RE: PBEM Seriously Flawed
Wow, I had no idea... that's crazy.

And wrong for so many reasons if true (as far as a player going that far to cheat).

Although one could just re-run their own turn several times or more, and through those efforts, discover stuff about the opposing player before doing a 'final' turn... in effect kinda achieving the same thing.

Although a lot of the fun imho is not knowing what the enemy is up to and getting surprised. :)
Send this user an email
04-19-2020, 12:35 PM, (This post was last modified: 04-19-2020, 12:35 PM by Warhorse. Edit Reason: misspell )
Unreal, well if ya gotta cheat, just go ahead, I will know sooner than later and never play the fucker again.
Meine Ehre heisst Treue

http://www.cslegion.com/
04-19-2020, 12:38 PM,
First off, I love the game, been playing since 2004 and if you look at my record I don't know about the cheat your talking about lol
Secondly its a beautiful and fantastic game, Ive tried many others but this is my perfect "cup of tea", Ive been stomped and beaten so bad I question my manhood lolololol but I love the game.
If by chance someone has found a way to cheat then that's on them, their record is false and they know it but that's on them. 
I play as much as I can, lots of VS COMPUTER but playing another human is so much better, if my opponent cheats they are only cheating themselves cause I still love the game.

anyway, don't let someone cheating take the game from you.

John
JRTXX
04-19-2020, 01:19 PM,
Warhorse, I love your style brother!! Smile
04-19-2020, 01:49 PM,
Thanks brother!!
Meine Ehre heisst Treue

04-20-2020, 01:45 AM,
(04-19-2020, 10:54 AM)Tactician Wrote: PBEM needs a patch asap.  The process is flawed due to a serious error.
When you receive a pbem from your opponent, go to AI in top menu.  Which ever side your opponent is, highlight it and hit manual.

You will see everything they have via God mode.  I don't believe this has not been discovered by other players.  This must be exposed to stop ladder victory score padding.

A patch to fix this is needed ASAP or the Campaign Series pbem is junk.  Calls into question the entire ladder win loss record.  No way I, and the person who showed me are the only ones who knew this.
Please , please fix.

Since joining the club you've reported three games on the CS ladder?
You haven't had a game report in three years?

I've been playing since 2002 and have never even tried to do what you have done.
Nor, do I replay turns. Nor, do I do other cheating prohibited by the club rules.

I must admit I never even tried to look for those ways to win.

Since you are inactive you should not worry about ladder score padding?

Or, are you playing a game now and just found this out? Idea2

And, yes Mike, I do love your style. Helmet Smile

Farmer

HSL
04-20-2020, 05:41 AM, (This post was last modified: 04-20-2020, 06:10 AM by Hawk Kriegsman.)
After further review if you uncheck manual A/I for your opponent on your turn it does reveal all your opponents units.

I have over 1800 reported games and probably double that unreported and never knew that this was there.

One must ask why has this mysterious stranger appeared out of nowhere to report this?

Is it someone previously banned, come back from the dead to wreck havoc and mistrust in our comrades?

Stay safe,

Erik

P.S. Well said Mike!
04-20-2020, 11:08 AM,
Thanks fellahs, just irks me, don't know why, that this jackass keeps surfacing, because he is jealous of the game, and pissed that no-one will pay money for his mod. I never knew this thing was there either, had CS since it came out! Figures some loser would find it, goes without saying actually! I love PBEM, don't do it much here any more, mostly at the WGCG club, but why one would want to cheat, hell, just play the AI if you aren't enough of a player to take on a person, win or lose! Hell, I don't even watch replays!!
Meine Ehre heisst Treue

04-20-2020, 11:13 AM,
(04-20-2020, 11:08 AM)Warhorse Wrote: Thanks fellahs, just irks me, don't know why, that this jackass keeps surfacing, because he is jealous of the game, and pissed that no-one will pay money for his mod. I never knew this thing was there either, had CS since it came out! Figures some loser would find it, goes without saying actually! I love PBEM, don't do it much here any more, mostly at the WGCG club, but why one would want to cheat, hell, just play the AI if you aren't enough of a player to take on a person, win or lose! Hell, I don't even watch replays!!

Spot on Mike! Just play the game for the enjoyment and the conversations about real life.  Wink