• Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Combat Mission For Ever?
04-16-2020, 12:36 AM, (This post was last modified: 04-21-2020, 09:13 PM by OWL.)
News  Combat Mission For Ever?
Are there still gamers playing CMBB or CMAK?? 
There are very few reactions at this forum, so anybody interested in the original CM?
Maybe we can line up who wants to game, otherwise I have to switch to the new version of CM.

If interested in CMBB or CMAK please let me know, so we create a list of gamers who still want to play the best game ever!

Found some veteran CMBB/CMAK gamers who are still FOC! :-)
If more, please inform me, Thx

1. UnteroffizierBraun
2. MrYormsha
3. Antilope
4. Zufzuf
5. Jawsconan
6. Johnsilver
7. JRTX
8. Kellys hero
9. Westland
10. Tankkiller
11. Foamy 2010
12. Creakbear
13. Hub6Actual
14. Gordon

Greets Owl
Quote this message in a reply
04-16-2020, 03:33 AM,
RE: Combat Mission For Ever?
(04-16-2020, 12:36 AM)OWL Wrote: Are there still gamers playing CMBB or CMAK?? 
There are very few reactions at this forum, so anybody interested in the original CM?
Maybe we can line up who wants to game, otherwise I have to switch to the new version of CM.

If interested in CMBB or CMAK please let me know, so we create a list of gamers who still want to play the best game ever!

Greets Owl

Hi Owl,

I am currently playing CM1. The end is near for one of my game. We could have a game then, no problem.

I tried CMX2 (Battle for Normandy), but if you like accuracy and infantry manoeuvers, forget it. Tanks are too powerful VS infantry. One shot, and near entire of your squad is killed. When infantry is in a building, if it is spotted, it's over for it...building do not protect it as it is made with cardboard.
Use of terrain to hide is hazardous. Nobody knows exposure values
And i don't speak about artillery power...rockets for exemple.
And my favorite problem about all firing equipment with a gun : one shot / one hit !
I dropped the game quicly...

Regards.
Idiots dare everything. That is the way to recognize them (Michel Audiard)
04-16-2020, 01:01 PM,

Found some veteran CMBB/CMAK gamers who are still FOC! :-)
If more, please inform me, Thx

1. UnteroffizierBraun
2. MrYormsha
3. Antilope
4. Zufzuf
5. Jawsconan
6. Kellys Hero

Greets Owl
04-16-2020, 01:04 PM,
(04-16-2020, 03:33 AM)jawsconan Wrote:

Greets Owl

Hi Owl,

I am currently playing CM1. The end is near for one of my game. We could have a game then, no problem.

I tried CMX2 (Battle for Normandy), but if you like accuracy and infantry manoeuvers, forget it. Tanks are too powerful VS infantry. One shot, and near entire of your squad is killed. When infantry is in a building, if it is spotted, it's over for it...building do not protect it as it is made with cardboard.
Use of terrain to hide is hazardous. Nobody knows exposure values
And i don't speak about artillery power...rockets for exemple.
And my favorite problem about all firing equipment with a gun : one shot / one hit !
I dropped the game quicly...

Regards.
Just re-bought and loaded up through GOG and it actually works with Windows 10.  So exciting!  CMAK right now but I'll be picking up the rest in few.
04-16-2020, 09:31 PM,
Should check forums more often, only not much going on here any longer...

Thanks Bert for the email. Please add my name to active list. See some old comrades from awhile back on it and will send you some emails of few more believe may possibly be playing still.
04-17-2020, 02:16 AM,
The problem is that many newcomers do not answer a challenge.I always wonder why they register here if they never play.
At some point you give up and devote yourself to CMx2, where at least 50% still respond.And you have more opponents.
Certainly, CMx2 is not as good as the old games.
My personal weak points are:
-Infantry has become completely useless because it is always discovered immediately (even hidden in houses) and finds no cover.
-AT & Infantry Guns have also become useless because they too are recognized immediately and take far too long to build up.
-Airplanes are unusable against tanks.I had direct hits from 500 and 1000 kg bombs without effect.Just a big crater with the undamaged tank standing there.
-Sometimes tanks refuse to shoot at recognizable opponents and a free field of fire.Despite high status and enough time to target the opponent.
-Enemy infantry always recognizes my hidden units in houses after 2 rounds at the latest and then fires at them.It is therefore impossible to ambush city battles.
-This makes the game very heavy on tanks, which is not a bad thing, but basically it always runs out of panther tanks against the rest of the world.
-I find it very unrealistic that tanks cannot push destroyed vehicles away, which means cheap jeeps or trucks can be used to block paths.
You have to live with that at CMx2.
One thing I like about CMx2.You can now always check with your units when planning the route whether they see something at the destination. That didn't work in the old games.
04-17-2020, 03:25 AM,
(04-17-2020, 02:16 AM)Westland Wrote: The problem is that many newcomers do not answer a challenge.I always wonder why they register here if they never play.
At some point you give up and devote yourself to CMx2, where at least 50% still respond.And you have more opponents.
Certainly, CMx2 is not as good as the old games.
My personal weak points are:
-Infantry has become completely useless because it is always discovered immediately (even hidden in houses) and finds no cover.
-AT & Infantry Guns have also become useless because they too are recognized immediately and take far too long to build up.
-Airplanes are unusable against tanks.I had direct hits from 500 and 1000 kg bombs without effect.Just a big crater with the undamaged tank standing there.
-Sometimes tanks refuse to shoot at recognizable opponents and a free field of fire.Despite high status and enough time to target the opponent.
-Enemy infantry always recognizes my hidden units in houses after 2 rounds at the latest and then fires at them.It is therefore impossible to ambush city battles.
-This makes the game very heavy on tanks, which is not a bad thing, but basically it always runs out of panther tanks against the rest of the world.
-I find it very unrealistic that tanks cannot push destroyed vehicles away, which means cheap jeeps or trucks can be used to block paths.
You have to live with that at CMx2.
One thing I like about CMx2.You can now always check with your units when planning the route whether they see something at the destination. That didn't work in the old games.

Westland, are you still intersted in a CMBB/CMAK battles? Then I put you on the list.
04-17-2020, 04:09 AM,
Yes I'm still there.
04-17-2020, 05:06 AM,
It is some time since I played but don't mind having a go at playing some smaller games. I am not particularly keen on massive games.

Cheers, cheers

Gordon
04-17-2020, 09:51 AM,
I have all three games and also haven’t played for a long time, but you can add me to the list. Small to medium generated battles are fine by me.