• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Uranus - SS to the Rescue
04-10-2020, 04:22 AM,
Opponent Needed  Uranus - SS to the Rescue
Looking for a highly experienced opponent taking Axis forces in the Uranus - SS to the Rescue version.
I´ve made some slight modifications to the scenario and mainly the pdt file, which could disrupt any other of your ongoing Uranus campaign scenarios, so only somebody who does not play any other Uranus game at the moment.

Please reply here if you´re interested or email me.
Quote this message in a reply
04-11-2020, 12:47 AM,
RE: Uranus - SS to the Rescue
(04-10-2020, 04:22 AM)Fhil Wrote: Looking for a highly experienced opponent taking Axis forces in the Uranus - SS to the Rescue version.
I´ve made some slight modifications to the scenario and mainly the pdt file, which could disrupt any other of your ongoing Uranus campaign scenarios, so only somebody who does not play any other Uranus game at the moment.

For future reference you might try the following so you are not changing the stock scenario or pdt.

Once you open the file in the scenario editor the first thing you want to do is to save it under a new name. Using the Save As function in the File menu give it a name that indicates what scenario it was developed from, since there already is an 05a in the list I would suggest something like

#1119_05b_Uranus_SS_Rescue_Alt.scn

Now you can make the changes you want to make to the scenario without affecting the original scenario file.

I would also suggest when editing you also modify the Description,
in the Author section leave the original text,
at the bottom of the description add something like
- modified by me, changes to scenario, modified pdt

If you make changes to  the pdt file it can affect any scenario in the game that uses that pdt file, not just the one you edited so you need to do the same thing and save it under a similar name, say

Stalingrad_Alt_05b.pdt

Then open your edited scn file with a text editor, find the following lines
Stalingrad.map
Stalingrad '42 Nov.oob
Stalingrad.pdt

If you change the pdt file name to match your new pdt you can then send someone else the modified pdt and scn files which they can now use without affecting their stock games.

I have done this many times in the ACW games and found it works well and have never had a problem with other scenarios being affected and it eliminates switching files in and out of the game.

One warning, I'm not sure about the PzC games but in the ACW games you cannot modify the oob file and use it in an existing scenario, the scn file has to be built from scratch using the File New to use a different oob as the unit references are based on their position in the oob file.
04-11-2020, 05:34 AM,
(04-11-2020, 12:47 AM)krmiller Wrote:
(04-10-2020, 04:22 AM)Fhil Wrote: Looking for a highly experienced opponent taking Axis forces in the Uranus - SS to the Rescue version.

For future reference you might try the following so you are not changing the stock scenario or pdt.

Once you open the file in the scenario editor the first thing you want to do is to save it under a new name. Using the Save As function in the File menu give it a name that indicates what scenario it was developed from, since there already is an 05a in the list I would suggest something like

#1119_05b_Uranus_SS_Rescue_Alt.scn

Now you can make the changes you want to make to the scenario without affecting the original scenario file.

I would also suggest when editing you also modify the Description,
in the Author section leave the original text,
at the bottom of the description add something like
- modified by me, changes to scenario, modified pdt

If you make changes to  the pdt file it can affect any scenario in the game that uses that pdt file, not just the one you edited so you need to do the same thing and save it under a similar name, say

Stalingrad_Alt_05b.pdt

Then open your edited scn file with a text editor, find the following lines
Stalingrad.map
Stalingrad '42 Nov.oob
Stalingrad.pdt

If you change the pdt file name to match your new pdt you can then send someone else the modified pdt and scn files which they can now use without affecting their stock games.

I have done this many times in the ACW games and found it works well and have never had a problem with other scenarios being affected and it eliminates switching files in and out of the game.

One warning, I'm not sure about the PzC games but in the ACW games you cannot modify the oob file and use it in an existing scenario, the scn file has to be built from scratch using the File New to use a different oob as the unit references are based on their position in the oob file.

Well, thank you very much, honestly!

I think I know all the PzC editors very well, working on some stuff in Stalingrad at the moment, with huge changes, here I´ve made only few smaller. So everything was clear to me regarding creating/renaming sce and pdt files, except for one thing!

Opening the scenario file in the text editor and thus achieving using a different pdt file to use!  Helmet Smile

Now you have really helped me a lot in here, thank you once again, going to try this immediately.
04-11-2020, 05:35 PM,
Always great when guys can exchange tips like this on the forum, thank you for posting.  Wink