• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Returning Player - Looking for Opponents
04-07-2020, 12:56 PM,
New Game  Returning Player - Looking for Opponents
After 7 year hiatus, I am looking to get back into CS.  I'm formerly played under the moniker "Goodspeed" (103 games).  I am seeking to play 2 matches: Match 1: The Battle is Joined as Germans and Match 2: an EF scenario any side, opponents choice.  I prefer 6 or higher complexity EF scenarios. IIRC my standard ROEs were all options on except VV, transports can be removed from the map, no gamey uses of unarmed transports in combat/blocking/scouting, but I'm flexible and also not sure where consensus is these days on ROEs eg EA.  Many thanks!
Quote this message in a reply
04-08-2020, 12:04 PM,
RE: Returning Player - Looking for Opponents
(04-07-2020, 12:56 PM)Colonel Slack Wrote: After 7 year hiatus, I am looking to get back into CS.  I'm formerly played under the moniker "Goodspeed" (103 games).  I am seeking to play 2 matches: Match 1: The Battle is Joined as Germans and Match 2: an EF scenario any side, opponents choice.  I prefer 6 or higher complexity EF scenarios. IIRC my standard ROEs were all options on except VV, transports can be removed from the map, no gamey uses of unarmed transports in combat/blocking/scouting, but I'm flexible and also not sure where consensus is these days on ROEs eg EA.  Many thanks!

I'm up for one more game.  I'll do "The battle is joined" as the Russians.  Go ahead and set up the game and send me your first turn

[email protected]

Geier
04-08-2020, 11:19 PM,
Maybe Dave can look into blending your new with the old and get your old name back at the same time?

Welcome back Goodspeed.

Farmer

HSL
04-09-2020, 11:50 AM,
Geier - email sent!
04-09-2020, 12:00 PM,
(04-08-2020, 11:19 PM)Herr Straße Laufer Wrote: Maybe Dave can look into blending your new with the old and get your old name back at the same time?

Welcome back Goodspeed.

Farmer

HSL

Thank you! I went ahead blended new with old moniker lol.  Still looking for another EF high complexity game.
04-09-2020, 12:32 PM,
(04-07-2020, 12:56 PM)Colonel Slack-Goodspeed Wrote: After 7 year hiatus, I am looking to get back into CS.  I'm formerly played under the moniker "Goodspeed" (103 games).  I am seeking to play 2 matches: Match 1: The Battle is Joined as Germans and Match 2: an EF scenario any side, opponents choice.  I prefer 6 or higher complexity EF scenarios. IIRC my standard ROEs were all options on except VV, transports can be removed from the map, no gamey uses of unarmed transports in combat/blocking/scouting, but I'm flexible and also not sure where consensus is these days on ROEs eg EA.  Many thanks!

Hello!

Please tell me your still looking???
I posted a week + ago looking for a game (been off a long time, then had issues with the latest update) but its been nothing but crickets.

Ive been waiting to get back into it and would love a battle, pick anything!!

John (JRTXX)
04-09-2020, 01:00 PM,
JRTXX

Thanks for your reply. Are you up for a complex, long scenario? How about Showdown at Borisov? If you haven't played it before take a look at it and let me know.  If agreeable, I'll take Germans.
04-09-2020, 02:22 PM,
(04-09-2020, 01:00 PM)Colonel Slack-Goodspeed Wrote: JRTXX

Thanks for your reply. Are you up for a complex, long scenario? How about Showdown at Borisov? If you haven't played it before take a look at it and let me know.  If agreeable, I'll take Germans.

WOW!!!! that's a very incredible looking scenario but being honest, its a bit much for me,, as much as I want to get back into it,,, I will tell you Im not ready for such a monster.. give me time to get  a few smaller scenarios,, getting back into the routine of the whole PBEM thing and I would love such a challenge.

sorry
04-09-2020, 04:01 PM,
JRTXX, 

No worries. How about First Blood? SM2, 16 turns.
04-10-2020, 01:47 PM,
(04-09-2020, 04:01 PM)Colonel Slack-Goodspeed Wrote: JRTXX, 

No worries. How about First Blood? SM2, 16 turns.

Looks fantastic!! pick a side and lets get a game going, thank you Sir!!