• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Update on Scheldt '44?
03-29-2020, 02:32 AM,
RE: Update on Scheldt '44?
I'm starting to get the itch to pick this one up!
Quote:Me and General McAulliffe decided to move I Company up on the line. That is, if you agree.
- SGT Kinnie to PFC Holley, Battleground, 1949
Quote this message in a reply
03-29-2020, 10:45 PM,
(03-29-2020, 02:32 AM)MikeC Wrote: I'm starting to get the itch to pick this one up!

Hey Mike shall we arrange a pbem "disfida" when it will be released?

Perfect companion to MG'44
03-30-2020, 03:42 AM,
Hopefully the developers can tide us over by posting a list of reference books used for this much anticipated  title ? Wink  Reading can add a lot of flavor to the games.
03-30-2020, 04:37 AM,
Thank you a lot for the pics, i expect we can enjoy game in a few months.

I think this title is going to be at least different and special inside PzC family.

Good job and keep working on it... and releasing more bones for us hehehe.
03-30-2020, 04:46 AM,
I have migrated all my playing time from PzC to FWWC but this title has pricked my interest so maybe I might pick it up???   Wink
03-30-2020, 01:01 PM,
One source used, but I don't know to what extent, is Autumn Gale/Herbst Sturm. I read it last year, an excellent book that covers some of the fighting in the area and period covered.

Rick
[Image: exercise.png]
03-30-2020, 10:05 PM,
[Image: DSC_0263.JPG]

Easy read. 220 pages.The first 40 set things up, dealing with the setting up of the fortresses (Hitler) and the D Day invasion.

Maps not great but basic. Usual problem with the writer mentioning locations which you cannot find on the map. 

Similarly don't expect a detailed OOB. 

However the writer does cover all the major fortresses and gives a decent blow by blow account of the set piece battles. 

Simple quick read.
04-02-2020, 04:59 PM,
Can't wait for this title! Thanks again to the entire team that creates these amazing games! Cheers, Jon
04-03-2020, 10:31 PM,
Gents:  Smoke7

I believe Scheldt '44 sales will surpass most PzC titles and certainly eclipse all MC and FWWC games!  Big Grin 

Why? Idea2 

A few reasons come to my mind:

(1.) Reputation, knowledge, and experience of the two principle designers - Mike Prucha and David Michar.
(2.) Lesser known, but very interesting scenarios / campaigns set in Holland 1944.
(3.) No more "super" German morale units. Players need to effectively utilize poor morale German troops.
(4.) Resistance fighters - use of irregular units.
(5.) Varied coastal, peninsulas, and island land formations featuring dykes and flooded areas.

Excitement building with maybe ONLY 2 months away from release?   King Dance

I will purchase this title on Release Date! Can't wait!  Big Grin
Regards, Mike / "A good plan violently executed now is better than a perfect plan executed next week." - George S. Patton /
Send this user an email
04-03-2020, 11:35 PM,
Hey Kool Kat,

To use an Australian description - '"it's a ripper!' i.e. extremely good.

The latest play test results have been very positive and Mike P is particularly happy how things are turning out. He feels that he has the right mix of units, morale states, PDT values and ground conditions to typify the Scheldt operation.

I think your points capture perfectly some of the 'features' players will have to contend with.

We also to have to say a big thank you to Mr Ed Williams who has pioneered a lot of these changes for the FWWC series that we have happily utilised (hello, Irregular troops!).

No promises on the exact release dates but the Prucha and Michas team continue to be uber productive....

David