• Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Small request
03-25-2020, 10:16 AM, (This post was last modified: 03-25-2020, 10:16 AM by budd.)
Small request
Sure would be nice if there was a link to the designer/scenario notes from the help menu inside a scenario. I picked up France 14, don't know a lot of details about WW1, count on the scenario description and designer notes to fill me in. don't know if its doable but links to any other helpful documentation from the help menu would also be nice i.e. planning map. I have no idea about how difficult this would be to put in place and it's not really a priority, but it sure would be nice. I never know what scenario i'm going to play until it finds me, then i usually alt-tab out and find the notes. going through a lot of my Tiller games, seems most have designer notes.

P.S. i always appreciate good designer/scenario notes, thank you for taking the time and trouble.
Enjoy when you can, and endure when you must. ~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
"Be Yourself; Everyone else is already taken" ~Oscar Wilde
Quote this message in a reply
03-25-2020, 11:11 AM, (This post was last modified: 03-25-2020, 12:03 PM by Volcano Man.)
RE: Small request
There should be a "Campaign Notes" (which is the F3 hotkey) selection in the Help menu, which should bring up the notes PDF. Let me know if you don't see that (not sure if that was added later in an update, or if it was always there from v1.0).
Send this user an email
03-25-2020, 12:28 PM,
(03-25-2020, 11:11 AM)Volcano Man Wrote: There should be a "Campaign Notes" (which is the F3 hotkey) selection in the Help menu, which should bring up the notes PDF. Let me know if you don't see that (not sure if that was added later in an update, or if it was always there from v1.0).

No, its not there and when i hit F3 it opens windows support browser window. I didn't check all my Tiller titles, just France 14. My France 14 version is 1.06a
03-25-2020, 04:18 PM,
(03-25-2020, 12:28 PM)budd Wrote:
(03-25-2020, 11:11 AM)Volcano Man Wrote: There should be a "Campaign Notes" (which is the F3 hotkey) selection in the Help menu, which should bring up the notes PDF. Let me know if you don't see that (not sure if that was added later in an update, or if it was always there from v1.0).

No, its not there and when i hit F3 it opens windows support browser window. I didn't check all my Tiller titles, just France 14. My France 14 version is 1.06a

Budd,

F3 worked for me - I have the same version. The other way to get to it is to go the Help menu. It is listed there also and can be clicked to open.

Hope that works.

David
03-25-2020, 06:49 PM,
It does not work for me either but in my case it is simply because I do not use Adobe Acrobat as my pdf reader. From memory that is the only reader that works, for some reason.
03-25-2020, 09:47 PM,
(03-25-2020, 04:18 PM)Strela Wrote:

Budd,

F3 worked for me - I have the same version. The other way to get to it is to go the Help menu. It is listed there also and can be clicked to open.

Hope that works.

David

I'm at work, Will triple check the help menu when I get home. Not seeing it in the help menu is what prompted me to ask. I use Adobe as my pdf reader, f3 just open a browser window with windows support page showing. I'll try everything again to make sure it's not simply my dumb-ass-ery , maybe get a screen grab of the help menu.
03-25-2020, 11:33 PM,
Apparently the game engine uses only Adobe, so if you click on the Campaign Notes in the Help menu or hit F3 and don't have Adobe installed you get nothing.  However if you go into the game folder you can open the Campaign Notes from there.  I've been able to open it with Edge, Firefox and Chrome as well as Calibre an ebook reader I have installed.
03-26-2020, 06:17 AM, (This post was last modified: 03-26-2020, 06:19 AM by budd.)
(03-25-2020, 09:47 PM)budd Wrote:
(03-25-2020, 04:18 PM)Strela Wrote:

Budd,

Hope that works.

David

I'm at work, Will triple check the help menu when I get home. Not seeing it in the help menu is what prompted me to ask. I use Adobe as my pdf reader, f3 just open a browser window with windows support page showing. I'll try everything again to make sure it's not simply my dumb-ass-ery , maybe get a screen grab of the help menu.

[img][Image: 49698798612_77c91501fb_h.jpg]Desktop Screenshot 2020.03.25 - 13.05.45.92 by Ron B, on Flickr[/img]
[img][Image: 49697960173_9b1a3899e0_h.jpg]Desktop Screenshot 2020.03.25 - 13.06.10.65 by Ron B, on Flickr[/img]

Here's what i see gentleman. Actually the user manual link in the help menu doesn't work, neither does hitting F2, i just get that browser window. The getting started link in the help menu doesn't work either, but hitting F1 or using the link in the help menu does open general help file in adobe. No campaign/scenario or designer notes in the help menu.
03-26-2020, 02:44 PM,
Are all the manuals (designer notes etc) in the game directory?

David
03-26-2020, 05:55 PM,
Yes sir, all the manuals, notes, planning maps are in the main game directory, not a manual folder like the PB series. I've opened all the manuals in adobe from the main game folder.