• Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Second Front by HexDraw
02-01-2021, 07:37 AM,
RE: Second Front by HexDraw
(01-31-2021, 01:48 AM)LordDeadwood Wrote:
(01-06-2021, 02:32 AM)Nort Wrote: You guys sound like you would love Campaign Series.

So how is CS different from PzC? I've looked at the screen shots and descriptions and it just looks like a dated version of PzC...

Don't you mean how is CS different to Panzer Battles.

Correct me if I'm wrong, CS has 3D graphics and can handle the full Mega campaign games like Normandy and Market Garden, OK it's a bit dated but a new version is in the pipeline.
Pick it up when the next Matrix sale comes along, 3 games in one EF, WF and RS. 

Second Front by Hexdraw could finally be the real Squad Leader game we have all been waiting for.
Quote this message in a reply
02-01-2021, 11:36 PM,
(02-01-2021, 07:37 AM)Lowlander Wrote:
(01-31-2021, 01:48 AM)LordDeadwood Wrote:
(01-06-2021, 02:32 AM)Nort Wrote: You guys sound like you would love Campaign Series.

So how is CS different from PzC? I've looked at the screen shots and descriptions and it just looks like a dated version of PzC...

Don't you mean how is CS different to Panzer Battles.

Correct me if I'm wrong, CS has 3D graphics and can handle the full Mega campaign games like Normandy and Market Garden, OK it's a bit dated but a new version is in the pipeline.
Pick it up when the next Matrix sale comes along, 3 games in one EF, WF and RS. 

Second Front by Hexdraw could finally be the real Squad Leader game we have all been waiting for.

From the little I have seen so far, it looks to lean that way.  But, I wonder if it has fog of war or do you see the enemy units no matter where they are?  It would be a waste if no FoW option.
02-02-2021, 08:35 AM,
(02-01-2021, 07:37 AM)Lowlander Wrote: Second Front by Hexdraw could finally be the real Squad Leader game we have all been waiting for.

In the meantime there's Lock 'n Load on Steam, which is great.  But no PBEM, and it's impulse based, meaning live play against a human (though that does actually work well). Steam link: Lock 'n Load Tactical Digital on Steam (steampowered.com)  But Second Front looks really promising if it has PBEM.