• Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Strategic War problems
03-12-2020, 09:40 AM,
Strategic War problems
Hi all

I am trying to play TFB and WOTSF but I am having some issues. I last played these games about 10 years ago without any issues. But when I run them now on my windows 10 PC I am not seeing any combat results pop up. The combat occurs and I see a retreat but I get no message. This is both for ground and air combat. It appears that the combat is occurring in a flash. Also when I commit units to ground combat I should see a predicted odds show up over the unit being attacked. That is also not showing up.

I have tried running in compatibility mode for both Win 7 and XP. No change in the problem.

I am running the latest digital download versions from the JTS site.
Quote this message in a reply
03-12-2020, 06:05 PM,
RE: Strategic War problems
(03-12-2020, 09:40 AM)MichaelT Wrote: Hi all

I am trying to play TFB and WOTSF but I am having some issues. I last played these games about 10 years ago without any issues. But when I run them now on my windows 10 PC I am not seeing any combat results pop up. The combat occurs and I see a retreat but I get no message. This is both for ground and air combat. It appears that the combat is occurring in a flash. Also when I commit units to ground combat I should see a predicted odds show up over the unit being attacked. That is also not showing up.

I have tried running in compatibility mode for both Win 7 and XP. No change in the problem.

I am running the latest digital download versions from the JTS site.

Problem solved. You need to be in the middle zoom. Zoomed in will not show the odds.
03-12-2020, 09:07 PM,
I think you also don't see the odds if you have FOW on (but don't quote me on that)
03-13-2020, 08:01 AM,
You see dis/even/adv/ovrn
03-13-2020, 01:29 PM,
Glad you got it sorted Michael.

Regards
Rick
[Image: exercise.png]
03-13-2020, 01:59 PM,
(03-13-2020, 01:29 PM)Ricky B Wrote: Glad you got it sorted Michael.

Regards
Rick

Yes, I had forgot how cool this series is. Looking forward to new offerings someday I hope.

I have a campaign scenario for WOTSF (North Africa 41-42) ready. Just needs a couple of new game functions and it's ready to go.
03-16-2020, 05:26 AM,
Have been reinstalling my games after a problem and recently loaded TFB and WotSF myself.
Played these a good bit about 10 years ago too, several pbem games as well as solitaire.
If you're interested in a game I would be happy to oblige.
03-16-2020, 08:19 AM,
(03-16-2020, 05:26 AM)krmiller Wrote: Have been reinstalling my games after a problem and recently loaded TFB and WotSF myself.
Played these a good bit about 10 years ago too, several pbem games as well as solitaire.
If you're interested in a game I would be happy to oblige.

Actually I am looking. I tried the JT facebook page but haven't had any luck yet. So how about we kick of with Poland? I like all optional rules except the HQ's.