• Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Looking for some suggestions
03-11-2020, 08:09 AM, (This post was last modified: 03-11-2020, 08:19 AM by acctingman69.)
Looking for some suggestions
Hello

I've tried playing the CM Fortress of Italy Demo and I just do not have the patience or the time to invest in this game. I was wondering about the John Tiller games. While graphically, they are dated, I do see some of them have the 3d icon ability. I prefer that over the nato counter style. Which of the Tiller series of games have the option to display 3d units?

Any other games you might be able to recommend that don't have the learning curve like the CM games? I've looked at the new CC Bloody first game, but I'm not a huge fan of the scale and the reviews haven't been that good.

Thanks
Quote this message in a reply
03-12-2020, 09:10 PM,
RE: Looking for some suggestions
I wouldn't recommend the Panzer Campaign games played in 3D mode, it's terrible to look at in my opinion. 2D mode works really well however and I can heartily recommend them
03-13-2020, 05:35 AM, (This post was last modified: 03-13-2020, 05:35 AM by Scud. Edit Reason: typo )
Well, I'm biased, but: https://www.matrixgames.com/game/john-ti...ign-series. JTCS also has a middle east game, quite a few mods (WWI, Viet Nam, Korea, and even a sci-fi one). The development team is currently working on a Viet Nam version that will utilize a new coding system to the game engine and a new Eastern Front early war that will do the same.

Note that the current JTCS game is no longer in support by the devs, so support will come from forum member here at the Blitz or at Matrix Games. The CS forum here is pretty active, so you should be able to pick up some opponents fairly quickly.

Good luck with whatever you choose.

Scud
Resolve then, that on this very ground, with small flags waving and tinny blasts on tiny trumpets, we shall meet the enemy, and not only may he be ours, he may be us. --Walt Kelly
Send this user an email
03-31-2020, 01:35 AM, (This post was last modified: 04-01-2020, 05:47 AM by Gaggo.)
I see you were recommended Panzer Campaign, I liked it. In my opinion it is one of the best in the past years. So you should try it. I am looking for something new to play due to the fact that I can't fly out of USA to my property in Greece here so I have a lot of free time now