• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

What does this mean?
03-07-2020, 01:20 AM,
What does this mean?
When I go to the Matrix website and try to enter the forums I get the following error message:

400 Bad Request
Request Header Or Cookie Too Large
nginx/1.16.1

What does it mean?
And, how would I gain access to the forums?
I cannot even put in a ticket to have it fixed or remove my "cookie" and re-register an account.

Farmer

HSL
Quote this message in a reply
03-07-2020, 05:58 AM,
RE: What does this mean?
(03-07-2020, 01:20 AM)Herr Straße Laufer Wrote: When I go to the Matrix website and try to enter the forums I get the following error message:

400 Bad Request
Request Header Or Cookie Too Large
nginx/1.16.1

What does it mean?
And, how would I gain access to the forums?
I cannot even put in a ticket to have it fixed or remove my "cookie" and re-register an account.

Farmer

HSL

Ed, it means the matrixgames site cookie that's stored on your computer has corrupted. You can clear cookies, the same way you clear cache, or, if you just want to get rid of the one (in chrome):

1. On your computer, open Chrome.

2. At the top right, click More [Image: E2q6Vj9j60Dw0Z6NZFEx5vSB9yoZJp7C8suuvQXV...tL=w18-h18] [Image: M1clyx8CUPwAH1XgxPTgbMx6sSwblyKIw2QAVv1H..._n=w18-h18] Settings.

3. At the bottom, click Advanced.

4. Under 'Privacy and security', click Site settings.

5. Click Cookies [Image: M1clyx8CUPwAH1XgxPTgbMx6sSwblyKIw2QAVv1H..._n=w18-h18] See all cookies and site data.

6. At the top right, search for the website's name.

7. To the right of the site, click Remove [Image: iQPLS9tu3fRgeebL_zKBCrWfNOO0ZoGOFJ1TOACV...gA=w18-h18].
If you use a different browser, just google "how do I delete specific cookies...(in Firefox, IE, Edge, etc.)

Next time you go to Matrix you'll have to log in again and the site will look for the cookie on your computer and since there isn't one, will issue a new one.

Dave
Resolve then, that on this very ground, with small flags waving and tinny blasts on tiny trumpets, we shall meet the enemy, and not only may he be ours, he may be us. --Walt Kelly
Send this user an email
03-07-2020, 07:14 AM,
I had this a bit ago with Chrome, after Matrix did their update to the site. I was running Win 7, as soon as I went with Win10 it has been fine ever since.
Meine Ehre heisst Treue

http://www.cslegion.com/
03-07-2020, 11:09 PM,
Thanks guys.
I like cookies and hate when they get corrupted. Wink

Farmer

HSL
03-19-2020, 01:42 AM,
Hey Ed, did you get this issue sorted out with Matrix?
03-19-2020, 02:43 AM,
Yup! Thanks for asking.
It was cookie corruption.

Farmer

HSL
03-19-2020, 08:58 AM,
Cool brother, glad your back on the forums there!! Big Grin

Send me a PM when you get the chance we'll talk about some stuff. Crazy times for sure!  Wink