• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

New scenario for Proud and the Few
02-07-2020, 02:40 AM,
New scenario for Proud and the Few
HI all. I just wanted to provide a link here to a new "Proud and the Few" scenario that I created: http://thesharpendgaming.blogspot.com/20...orner.html I believe this was my first foray into posting an SQB scenario for download.  I have a few more, that I play against the AI set on the Eastern Front. If this proves popular, I will clean them up and post them too.

Scenario description: On December 26, 1943, the 1,500-man STONEFACE Group--designated Battalion Landing Team 21 and built around the 2d Battalion, 1st Marines, under Lieutenant Colonel James M. Masters, Sr.-lands on New Britain’s GREEN Beach at 0730. In the face of a lengthy naval bombardment from the USS Reid and USS Smith, the Japanese defenders fade away into the jungle-covered slopes of the 6,600 foot high Mt. Talawe. Ordered to patrol the area and create a diversion for the main landing at Borgen Bay, 2nd Battalion recons the highlands over the next couple of days searching for the Japanese. On December 28, a Marine patrol engages in a brief firefight along the ridge northwest of GREEN beach and discovers a pair of dead Japanese officers, equipped with maps of their positions and binoculars. The Marines prepare for an attack. Just after midnight on December 30, Japanese sappers, using the terrain and a heavy rainstorm to hide their advance, lead two companies of the 53rd infantry regiment within meters of the American defensive perimeter at the junction of two ridges where the positions of Marine companies E and G meet. The attack begins with flares arcing up into the night sky, followed by mortar, machine-gun and small-arms fire. This scenario is best played as the Americans against the AI. It can also be played head-to-head as most of the American forces are fixed and won't join the battle. Historically, the Marines inflicted heavy casualties with little loss of life.
Quote this message in a reply
02-07-2020, 04:32 AM, (This post was last modified: 02-07-2020, 04:34 AM by dukemat.)
RE: New scenario for Proud and the Few
I went to your site and was unable to download.

what do I click on???
02-07-2020, 04:57 AM,
Here you go: https://www.dropbox.com/home/Sharp%20End%20Gaming
02-07-2020, 06:32 AM,
that link takes me to a wiggums mod.

there is no scn file attached
02-07-2020, 06:53 AM,
Hi Dukemat. I have no idea who Wiggum is. Here is the link to the zipped scenario folder: https://www.dropbox.com/s/o5bd9i81nyjgzi...r.zip?dl=0

Sorry for the confusion.
02-07-2020, 09:07 AM,
that last site worked.........thank you
02-07-2020, 10:27 PM,
Back, when I first got into playing SB, me and my opponents would always put a priority on playing your scenarios first since we knew that they would be fun and enjoyable.

After all these years, I am thrilled to see that Sharp End SB scenarios are still being released.

Can't wait to try out your new stuff!

Thanks