• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Desert Maelstrom
02-04-2020, 11:37 AM,
New Game  Desert Maelstrom
Southern Tunisia (H2H or teamgame): In this hypothetical battle, it is spring 1943 and the Axis powers are on the run in North Africa.
The Americans have finally broken thru in the Kassarine Pass area, and the U.S. 2nd Armored Division, Hell on Wheels, has been charged with striking southeast and linking up with advance elements of the British 8th Army. The British have smashed thru the Mareth Line, with the
8th Armoured Brigade leading the charge north into Tunisia. They hope to trap several Afrika Korps formations, including the 15th Panzer Division.
But unbeknownst to them, OKW has authorized a daring combined-arms operation with elite German Fallschirmjagers and their Italian allies. Two 'crack' Italian armored battle groups, Brigata Imperiali and Gruppo Taciti "Sahariana" are moving posthaste down from Tunis. They are to link up with Fallschirmjager Regiment Ramcke, and together will ensure the safe withdrawl of the 15th Panzer. But the allies have similar designs, and have already unleashed the 30th American airborne regiment to facilitate the linkup with the British. All of theseforces are on a collision course which will surely result in a maelstrom in the desert!

After almost a year in development and much play-testing and tweaking, I'm ready to announce the official release of Desert Maelstrom. This one isn't really for the beginner or faint of heart. With the primary forces entering from all four corners, combined with major para-drops in the center, it's a true clusterbleep maelstrom. No two battles will ever go the same. With 37 turns and objectives scattered all over, the number of options and strategies for both players is mind-boggling. With the Americans, British, Germans, and Italians all present, this is an ideal albeit tenuous team game.

Available for download in the West Front scenario section, I've also attached the files to this post. 

Enjoy!

Tankertony>>>

Attached Files
.zip   Desert Maelstrom Final.zip (Size: 74.03 KB / Downloads: 28)
Quote this message in a reply
02-04-2020, 12:17 PM,
RE: Desert Maelstrom
Thank you Tankertony! 

It sounds intense to say the least! Wink
02-04-2020, 08:36 PM,
hi Tankertony

I just play tiergarten I think it need a update
02-05-2020, 01:37 AM,
Tony,

Thanks.

One of my favorite theaters of WWII is the desert. So much opportunity.
I can't wait to see what you have done. Thumbs Up

Farmer

HSL
02-06-2020, 08:11 AM,
Anyone interested to play this as a team game?
Gil
02-06-2020, 10:34 AM,
(02-06-2020, 08:11 AM)Oberst Wrote: Anyone interested to play this as a team game?

Gil

I'd be up for a team game.
02-07-2020, 09:02 AM,
(02-04-2020, 08:36 PM)fritzfarlig Wrote: hi Tankertony

Well, Tiergarten was one of my early jobs. A half-fantasy take on the battle for central Berlin. 
It seems to have aged well, both sides with 6 victories and a 8.5 rating. That makes it one of my most balanced efforts. I'm going to let it be. Thanks for playing it though!
02-07-2020, 10:42 AM,
(02-06-2020, 10:34 AM)Deturk Wrote:
(02-06-2020, 08:11 AM)Oberst Wrote: Anyone interested to play this as a team game?

Gil

02-07-2020, 10:43 AM,
(02-06-2020, 10:34 AM)Deturk Wrote:

Gil

How many should there be, 4 or 6 players?
02-07-2020, 09:50 PM,
(02-07-2020, 09:02 AM)Tankertony Wrote:
(02-04-2020, 08:36 PM)fritzfarlig Wrote: hi Tankertony

Well, Tiergarten was one of my early jobs. A half-fantasy take on the battle for central Berlin. 
It seems to have aged well, both sides with 6 victories and a 8.5 rating. That makes it one of my most balanced efforts. I'm going to let it be. Thanks for playing it though!

just finish maybe I was to quickly, I just feel the objectives points value was a little strange but ok 

I playing desert mealstrom now cheers