• Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Middle East '67 Gold Update
02-02-2020, 08:23 AM, (This post was last modified: 02-02-2020, 08:24 AM by WargameGeneral.)
New Game  Middle East '67 Gold Update
I noticed that Wargame Design Studio recently completed their Gold update of the Modern Campaigns Series:

https://www.wargamedesignstudio.com/2019...-released/

I would appreciate from someone who is actively playing those titles how they actually compare to the mechanics of the PzC series.

I always found the history of the State of Israel  and the Arab-Israeli conflict highly interesting.

Could someone share their experience with "Middle East '67"?  

Is this title actively played in the forum?

Thanks for your feedback!  Helmet Smile
Quote this message in a reply
02-05-2020, 07:41 AM, (This post was last modified: 02-05-2020, 07:42 AM by WargameGeneral.)
RE: Middle East '67 Gold Update
ME '67 does not seem to enjoy much popularity... Whistle
02-05-2020, 10:13 PM, (This post was last modified: 02-05-2020, 10:34 PM by Kool Kat.)
(02-05-2020, 07:41 AM)WargameGeneral Wrote: ME '67 does not seem to enjoy much popularity... Whistle

Gent:  Smoke7

Both the PzC and Modern Campaign (MC) Series have the same mechanics. The MC Series have additional rules to reflect modern combat. There is a larger player base for the PzC Series. Fewer players are into the MC Series. But, you should be able to find opponents for any game in either series.

Why don't you look for an opponent... play a few PBeM games and find out for yourself?   Wink
Regards, Mike / "A good plan violently executed now is better than a perfect plan executed next week." - George S. Patton /
Send this user an email
02-05-2020, 11:48 PM,
If you want to play a game talk to me at [email protected]
02-06-2020, 07:56 AM, (This post was last modified: 02-06-2020, 07:57 AM by WargameGeneral.)
I am still trying to decide which MC title to get. Rolling Eyes

ME '67 is interesting from a historic perspective. However, being originally from Northern Germany, I know most of the towns and villages in the Northern parts of the maps in the Germany-based MC titles.
If DF '85 combines scenarios in the North & South that would be even better.

That must be more than 20 years ago now, but I remember being in driving school with a driving instructor who was a former sergeant during the 80s in the West German army. So when we were doing the mandatory driving hours in the country side, he could point out every bridge in the area they had primed and would have detonated in the case of a Russian attack. Luckily that never happened.

I guess the "John Tiller addiction" is already starting to kick in... Big Grin

Once I have made a decision, I will get in touch for a game, danielcote.
02-06-2020, 08:44 AM,
Just in case you don't know, JTS offers Middle East '67 in their "Sale" section.

https://john-tiller-software.myshopify.c...sale-items

They also offer a 20% off bulk discount on orders more than $199

https://john-tiller-software.myshopify.c...k-discount
02-06-2020, 04:37 PM, (This post was last modified: 02-06-2020, 04:38 PM by Wolfgang.)
I own ME67 and really enjoy it - if you get this i would be open to some PBM games.

The Gold Update really expanded the game both forwards and backwards in time.

Along with some intriguing hypothetical scenarios involving the US and USSR.
Send this user an email
02-06-2020, 10:34 PM,
(02-06-2020, 07:56 AM)WargameGeneral Wrote: I am still trying to decide which MC title to get. Rolling Eyes

ME '67 is interesting from a historic perspective. However, being originally from Northern Germany, I know most of the towns and villages in the Northern parts of the maps in the Germany-based MC titles.
If DF '85 combines scenarios in the North & South that would be even better.

That must be more than 20 years ago now, but I remember being in driving school with a driving instructor who was a former sergeant during the 80s in the West German army. So when we were doing the mandatory driving hours in the country side, he could point out every bridge in the area they had primed and would have detonated in the case of a Russian attack. Luckily that never happened.

I guess the "John Tiller addiction" is already starting to kick in... Big Grin

Once I have made a decision, I will get in touch for a game, danielcote.

Gent:  Smoke7

I am MORE than happy to play you in ME'67 or any other MC game!  Wink  Whistle

I own the entire MC Series.

Shark
Regards, Mike / "A good plan violently executed now is better than a perfect plan executed next week." - George S. Patton /
Send this user an email
02-07-2020, 08:14 AM, (This post was last modified: 02-07-2020, 08:14 AM by WargameGeneral.)
I appreciate that, Kool Kat. What's your favorite title of that series?

Still trying to decide which MC title to get as a start... Rolling Eyes
02-07-2020, 09:02 PM,
I am currently playing ME'67, the Six Days War scenario, have already played the '56 Sinai Campaign I can tell you that they play exactly as PzC, no AT missiles yet and no SAMs.
I really like JTS PzC and Mc, owe a lot of title but for now I am playing solo against the AI which is quite frankly easy to trash :-)
Next step is to start playing PBEM