• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

SB Vietnam vs Tour of Duty
02-05-2020, 11:06 AM,
RE: SB Vietnam vs Tour of Duty
If you ever get around to wanting a pbm match - send me a file^^.
Send this user an email
Quote this message in a reply
02-06-2020, 07:25 AM,
(02-05-2020, 11:06 AM)Ironwulf Wrote: If you ever get around to wanting a pbm match - send me a file^^.

Sure, Ironwulf. Let me run a couple of test games against the AI to get a better feeling for the game mechanics and rules and then we can give it a go... Helmet Smile 

So are you guys using any map mods at all for the SQ series?
02-06-2020, 04:45 PM,
(02-06-2020, 07:25 AM)WargameGeneral Wrote:
(02-05-2020, 11:06 AM)Ironwulf Wrote: If you ever get around to wanting a pbm match - send me a file^^.

Sure, Ironwulf. Let me run a couple of test games against the AI to get a better feeling for the game mechanics and rules and then we can give it a go... Helmet Smile 

I look forward to it.

Some of my graphics are in this game already but I am working on a new mod for the series to further fine tune what's available - particularly for titles in Desert and Jungle terrains.

- Scenarios with a lot of elevation change and that has jungle terrain are difficult to visually read as the jungle graphic is too strong imo. I'm toning it down so that its easier to see the ground.

- I have a counter mod that simulates the worn, slightly faded, clipped counters from a well played board-game.
Send this user an email
02-07-2020, 02:30 AM,

02-07-2020, 02:36 AM,

That was weird - - - sorry

I always recommend and suggest that players new to the engine play a few games using the "Hotseat" mode.  This allows you to play BOTH sides using FOW.  This will help you 'see' how Line-of-Sight works, Opp fire, ranged fire, etc.  

So play a few against AI but maybe play a couple as "Hotseat" to give you quickly a better 'feel' for how things work and look.