• Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Need help with American Unit Bases for CS WF
01-22-2020, 03:26 AM, (This post was last modified: 01-22-2020, 03:30 AM by Nort.)
Need help with American Unit Bases for CS WF
My old 10-year-old computer finally died.  I have a new CPU and I have loaded the CS games on my new machine.  The games appear to be working fine ... as I have already exchanged turns in the two games I currently have pending.

My issue is that now the US units have a new base that depicts the American flag ... rather than the original green circle with the white star. Similarly, the British unit bases have a Union Jack rather than the circle bases.  I am colorblind and am not able to easily see the Allied units with this new flag bases.  Can anyone help me return the US and Brit unit bases to the original circle bases?

I am hoping that someone can send me the correct files to overwrite the new flag bases.

Thanks in advance for any help you can offer.

Cheers,

Nort
Quote this message in a reply
01-22-2020, 04:28 AM, (This post was last modified: 01-22-2020, 04:29 AM by Big Ivan. Edit Reason: Expand Post )
RE: Need help with American Unit Bases for CS WF

.zip   !UK_Bases.zip (Size: 6.76 KB / Downloads: 1)
.zip   !United_States_Bases.zip (Size: 6.84 KB / Downloads: 1)

Hey Greg,

Is this what your looking for?

UK and USA Bases.
01-22-2020, 11:00 AM,
Yes! Exactly! Thank you so much.
01-22-2020, 11:05 AM,
Rock on Nort, enjoy!! See you on the battlefield bro! Wink
01-22-2020, 04:50 PM,
I note that all of the Allied unit bases ... beyond the US and Brits ... appear to be "modded." It is just that I see the original unit bases better than the new modded bases. No sure if it is easy for you to forward the rest of the unit bases (i.e., French, Polish, Italian, Romanian, Hungarian, etc.) If not, no biggy.
01-23-2020, 10:53 AM,
Greg, 

sounds like you may have a/the base mod enabled through JSGME in the core game; ie: front end before you get to WF? Do you see the same thing happening in EFII where the German bases are rectangles with swastikas'? Or the Soviets with same rectangles with the hammer and sickle?

I can send you all my base (bmp's) no problem. But first I think we need to see if there is a mod thing going on here. Reason I say that if we back out the mod, the game will revert back to the original rondel bases we've all grown to love. Smile
01-23-2020, 04:43 PM,
I have looked at the JSGME and none of the mods are moved to the right. I thought that might be the case, but it is not. A have no mods activated.

My German units in WF and EF2 and Soviet units in EF2 still looked like the original units. Similarly, my RS units are fine as well. However, the other units in the WF and EF2 games were modded to look like nation flags. Now the US and Brit bases in WF are fixed since I have overwritten the files with the files you sent me.

If possible, I would like to return all units to the original unit bases.
01-24-2020, 01:43 PM,

.zip   !!!ALL_WF_Bases.zip (Size: 166.41 KB / Downloads: 1)

Hey Greg, that's weird. Sorry for your difficulties!

Attached is all my bases (Bmp's) for WF. Might be just easier to download in a separate folder and then copy over what you need for the Allies. Or you could probably just copy the whole thing over directly in WF. But make a backup of your old files just in case!!

I know country code 9 is British and 10 is United States. But not sure about some of the lesser obscure Allied nations. Your choice, copy individually or as a group. Good Luck!!

Regards,
John
01-24-2020, 02:40 PM,
That appears to have done the trick. I really appreciate you taking the time. Thanks so much.
01-25-2020, 06:28 AM,
(01-24-2020, 02:40 PM)Nort Wrote: That appears to have done the trick.  I really appreciate you taking the time.  Thanks so much.

My pleasure Nort, you take care!! Wink