01-07-2020, 04:57 AM,
Panzer Campaigns - explain graphic files
Hi
is anyone able to explain what row depict what ingame terrain for the files:
2DFeatures100.bmp
2DFeatures50.bmp
2DHexSides100.bmp
2DHexSides50.bmp
I ask because afaik the files are similar to those of Panzer Battles but there is much less different terrain types in PC compared to PB so a lot rows seem to be unused.
Some terrain is obviously but it seems that in some combination different terrain is used, for example for forest one of the other rows seems to be used of there is any kind of road/rail passing through that hex.

So is anyone able to explain what row is when used?
Or is there any documentation for it?
Would be very valuable for designing graphic mods.
Quote this message in a reply
01-08-2020, 07:13 AM, (This post was last modified: 01-08-2020, 07:23 AM by Simulacra53.)
RE: Panzer Campaigns - explain graphic files
(01-07-2020, 04:57 AM)BigDuke66 Wrote: Hi
is anyone able to explain what row depict what ingame terrain for the files:
2DFeatures100.bmp
2DFeatures50.bmp
2DHexSides100.bmp
2DHexSides50.bmp
I ask because afaik the files are similar to those of Panzer Battles but there is much less different terrain types in PC compared to PB so a lot rows seem to be unused.
Some terrain is obviously but it seems that in some combination different terrain is used, for example for forest one of the other rows seems to be used of there is any kind of road/rail passing through that hex.

So is anyone able to explain what row is when used?
Or is there any documentation for it?
Would be very valuable for designing graphic mods.

Not the answer you are looking for, but the best way to find out in absence of documentation or help is a grid. OTOH, some of these are pretty obvious it is easy to verify visually - open game and graphics file next to each other.

If you have software capable of layering, add a layer with numbers (or something similar) on top of the two files you mention (100, ignore 50, it is basically same at half res).

Etc.

Now it is easy to double check in game how these objects are mapped.
There are some minor variations.

I have done similar things in PzC, looked at PzB, but the double res (PzC 100 = PzB 50) layer stopped me from taking on that challenge - at least for now.
Just PM if you get stuck, at least I may be able to help.

OT - I am thinking of trying a SB title, if that goes well I may do more. Modding is sometimes more relaxing than gaming...  Crazy
01-08-2020, 07:31 AM, (This post was last modified: 01-08-2020, 07:33 AM by Simulacra53.)
RE: Panzer Campaigns - explain graphic files
...visually the differences are minor, should be easy to map out.

Comparing Normandy PzB 50 and PzC 100 files.