• Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

The Eric Bonner "Boisforas" 2020 Tournament
01-05-2020, 06:26 AM, (This post was last modified: 11-07-2020, 07:51 AM by Scud.)
Write a Note  The Eric Bonner "Boisforas" 2020 Tournament
The Eric Bonner "Boisforas" 2020 Tournament

Dale has defeated Ade to end the tournament!!

[Image: EndBracket.jpg]

The Rules

(These rules are tentative and subject to change, pending participant input)

NOTE: All participants must be on the latest release of JTCS (v2.02) available at Matrixgames.com. If you own it, updates are available under "my subscriptions" on your page.

All optional rules on, except Extreme Assault (EA) and Variable Visibility (VV). We will not be using scenarios that call for either.

Non-Combatants:

1. Any non-combatant may be removed from the map. Non-combat units are any units that cannot fire and/or assault., i.e. unarmed trucks, wagons, horses. The idea here is less fodder to worry about = potentially faster turn rate = faster tournament.
  2. Non-combat transport units cannot be used to surround, block movement, block line of sight, draw opportunity fire, or perform "recon" duties.
  3. Dismounted horses should be treated as non-combat transports.

Halftracks:
  1. Use them however you like. They can block, they can assault, as long as they have those capabilities.
  2. Armed trucks (with fire and assault values) are treated as halftracks.

The Bonner Rule:
Play the way Eric would play. He never used "gamey" tactics. He always played fair. He always enjoyed the experience and the camaraderie he felt towards his opponent, more than a win. To Eric, a ladder stat was just not that important. Have fun.

All players, please make note. This is a tournament and it will be greatly appreciated by all players involved to keep moving it forward. Your turn rate is of the upmost importance. We all realize that Real Life (RL) takes precedence over any gaming. However, a lot of you have background games going on at the time of this tournament behind the scenes and we all understand and appreciate that. When this tournament starts we ask that any game turn received back from an opponent within this tournament take precedence over the other games you are playing. In other words, tournament game turns should be played first in order to keep this tourney going. We make this suggestion in order to keep this tournament moving forward and fun for all. There is a big field of players out there and a lot of games within the first few rounds that need to get completed timely. Its going to be a great Campaign Series tournament and I wish fun and luck to all!

Regards and thank you for your support and understanding!!
Scud (Dave Bracken) 
Resolve then, that on this very ground, with small flags waving and tinny blasts on tiny trumpets, we shall meet the enemy, and not only may he be ours, he may be us. --Walt Kelly
Send this user an email
Quote this message in a reply
01-05-2020, 02:53 PM,
RE: The Eric Bonner "Boisforas" 2020 Tournament
How do I join?
Send this user an email
01-05-2020, 09:25 PM,
I would like to participate.

itlnprd
-Saluti Itlnprd
01-06-2020, 01:12 AM,
Two more! Thumbs Up

Farmer

HSL
01-06-2020, 10:49 AM,
I'd like to throw my hat into the ring, fellas!

P.S. Big Ivan lured me in. Helmet Smile

P.P.S. What patch / update is currently being used?  Been a while since I updated.
Thus, what is of supreme importance in war is to attack the enemy's strategy.

Sun Tzu
01-06-2020, 11:48 AM,
Yippee! John Given is in!!! Smile 

Hope to see ya on the field my friend and good to have ya here bro! 

Thanks for the reference my friend!! Big Grin

Good question about versions. I'm assuming everyone is using 2.02, that's what I use. Its the latest.

Scud thoughts about the version?

Big Ivan Cigar5
01-06-2020, 01:42 PM, (This post was last modified: 01-06-2020, 01:47 PM by Scud.)
(01-06-2020, 11:48 AM)Big Ivan Wrote: Yippee! John Given is in!!! Smile 

...Good question about versions. I'm assuming everyone is using 2.02, that's what I use. Its the latest.

Big Ivan Cigar5

Yes, has to be the latest Matrix version. No excuse not to be. The current version is 2.02. You can get it by logging in to Matrix Games, going to your page and clicking on "my subscriptions".

I might make a John Given rule. He has to play blindfolded. Maybe just if he plays me, though.  Smile
Resolve then, that on this very ground, with small flags waving and tinny blasts on tiny trumpets, we shall meet the enemy, and not only may he be ours, he may be us. --Walt Kelly
Send this user an email
01-06-2020, 02:11 PM,
Oh shoot!!

I just saw Given's win percentage!! Eek

For the rest of us...

Not good, Not good   Yikes

Whip
01-06-2020, 07:42 PM,
(01-06-2020, 01:42 PM)Scud Wrote:
(01-06-2020, 11:48 AM)Big Ivan Wrote: Yippee! John Given is in!!! Smile 

...Good question about versions. I'm assuming everyone is using 2.02, that's what I use. Its the latest.

Big Ivan Cigar5

Yes, has to be the latest Matrix version. No excuse not to be. The current version is 2.02. You can get it by logging in to Matrix Games, going to your page and clicking on "my subscriptions".

I might make a John Given rule. He has to play blindfolded. Maybe just if he plays me, though.  Smile

Hi David. Helmet Wink 

Lol, I don't consider myself to be good at this, I just do everything in my power to avoid casualties, which affects my score...and stuff.  And besides, I'm rusty! Tank6

Mm, love these awesome emoji's. MG 

This tourney ought to rock!
Thus, what is of supreme importance in war is to attack the enemy's strategy.

Sun Tzu
01-06-2020, 08:58 PM, (This post was last modified: 01-06-2020, 09:00 PM by fritzfarlig. Edit Reason: missing some text )
c_Question Mark  RE: The Eric Bonner "Boisforas" 2020 Tournament
Non-Combattants:

I dont understand rule number 1, number 2 of course   Helmet Rolleyes