• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

The Eric Bonner "Boisforas" 2020 Tournament
01-09-2020, 09:50 PM,
Thumbs_Up  RE: The Eric Bonner "Boisforas" 2020 Tournament
(01-09-2020, 03:55 AM)Scud Wrote: Glad to have you. You're in at #31.

Helmet Smile Thanks
Quote this message in a reply
01-10-2020, 04:07 AM,
RE: The Eric Bonner "Boisforas" 2020 Tournament
(01-09-2020, 12:16 PM)Big Ivan Wrote: OMG von Luck is in!! Big Grin 

Cheers!  Cheers3 Cheers4

Glad to have you in John!!

Big Ivan Cigar5

There goes the neighborhood! Rolling Eyes 

Make mine a scotch! Spit

Farmer

HSL
01-10-2020, 07:37 AM,
(01-05-2020, 06:26 AM)Scud Wrote:
The Eric Bonner "Boisforas" 2020 Tournament

Tournament will commence January 15, 2020.

Stay tuned to this page for tournament brackets.

Currently signed-up:
1. Scud
2. Oldbones
3. Zap
4. Big Ivan
5. Kernal t
6. Herr Straße Laufer
7. Warhorse
8. Tiger 88
9. PawelM
10. Nort
11. Dawags
12. Outlaw Josey Wales
13. Dan Caviness
14. Cam
15. Juan Manuel
16. Infantrysoldier223
17. Fritzfarlig
18. Panzerjaeger
19. Deutscher Landser
20. Ed
21. itlnprd
22. Ashcloud

23. John Given
24. Hawk Kriegsman
25. mark_vanroosendaal
26. Oberst
27. Maus Man
28. Scaz
29. Aces8
30. Ade670
31. Quijote Libre
32. Von Luck

The Rules

(These rules are tentative and subject to change, pending participant input)

NOTE: All participants must be on the latest release of JTCS (v2.02) available at Matrixgames.com. If you own it, updates are available under "my subscriptions" on your page.

All optional rules on, except Extreme Assault (EA) and Virtual Visibility (VV). We will not be using scenarios that call for either.

Non-Combatants:

1. Any non-combatant may be removed from the map. Non-combat units are any units that cannot fire and/or assault., i.e. unarmed trucks, wagons, horses. The idea here is less fodder to worry about = potentially faster turn rate = faster tournament.
  2. Non-combat transport units cannot be used to surround, block movement, block line of sight, draw opportunity fire, or perform "recon" duties.
  3. Dismounted horses should be treated as non-combat transports.

Halftracks:
  1. Use them however you like. They can block, they can assault, as long as they have those capabilities.
  2. Armed trucks (with fire and assault values) are treated as halftracks.

The Bonner Rule:
Play the way Eric would play. He never used "gamey" tactics. He always played fair. He always enjoyed the experience and the camaraderie he felt towards his opponent, more than a win. To Eric, a ladder stat was just not that important. Have fun.

All players, please make note. This is a tournament and it will be greatly appreciated by all players involved to keep moving it forward. Your turn rate is of the upmost importance. We all realize that Real Life (RL) takes precedence over any gaming. However, a lot of you have background games going on at the time of this tournament behind the scenes and we all understand and appreciate that. When this tournament starts we ask that any game turn received back from an opponent within this tournament take precedence over the other games you are playing. In other words, tournament game turns should be played first in order to keep this tourney going. We make this suggestion in order to keep this tournament moving forward and fun for all. There is a big field of players out there and a lot of games within the first few rounds that need to get completed timely. Its going to be a great Campaign Series tournament and I wish fun and luck to all!

Regards and Thank You for your support and understanding!!
Scud (Dave Bracken) 

ROTFLMAO OMG von luck is in lol nice one Ivan try playing Steve-tiger88 or Jesse -kernelt im a novice compared to those 2.
01-10-2020, 11:02 AM,
LOL von!  ROTFLMAO

I figure when I'm toast after the 2nd round (stick a fork in him, he's done), I will be using my panties cleaning up your victims!  Sweep

Cheers John! Cheers4

BTW love your name! Big Grin
01-11-2020, 07:05 AM,
Sign-ups will be limited to alternates only from this point on.

If you believe you're signed up, please double check the list on the first page of this thread. I'll be posting match-ups soon to give everyone time to reach out to their opponents for email checks.

If you've changed your mind for whatever reason and wish to opt-out, now would be the time to do it, just let me know.

Thanks,
Dave
Resolve then, that on this very ground, with small flags waving and tinny blasts on tiny trumpets, we shall meet the enemy, and not only may he be ours, he may be us. --Walt Kelly
Send this user an email
01-13-2020, 08:08 AM,
The tournament bracket has been made and can be viewed below. Please check in with your opponent to establish email connections. The first scenario will be posted in a couple of days.

[Image: eric-bonner-bracket-1.jpg]
Resolve then, that on this very ground, with small flags waving and tinny blasts on tiny trumpets, we shall meet the enemy, and not only may he be ours, he may be us. --Walt Kelly
Send this user an email
01-13-2020, 11:33 PM,
Scaz, my email is [email protected]
01-14-2020, 01:06 AM,
Scud,

Any special requirements the group should know about reporting the completed games of this tourney on the CS ladder? 

I believe there was a slot for reporting "Team Games" but unsure if there is a slot somewhere to report tournament games!? Or if it even matters from that standpoint.

Just checking before hand bro.

Cheers!
Big Ivan Cigar5
01-15-2020, 05:43 AM, (This post was last modified: 01-15-2020, 05:43 AM by fritzfarlig.)
contact established only waiting for further orders
01-15-2020, 08:48 AM,
(01-15-2020, 05:43 AM)fritzfarlig Wrote: contact established only waiting for further orders

First round scenario has been posted in the first thread, and allied/axis assigned. You may begin.

Dave
Send this user an email