The Eric Bonner "Boisforas" 2020 Tournament
01-08-2020, 07:32 AM,
RE: The Eric Bonner "Boisforas" 2020 Tournament
Can I participate?
Quote this message in a reply
01-08-2020, 07:50 AM,
You're in at #29.
Resolve then, that on this very ground, with small flags waving and tinny blasts on tiny trumpets, we shall meet the enemy, and not only may he be ours, he may be us. --Walt Kelly
Send this user an email
01-08-2020, 07:54 AM,
Can I join please
01-08-2020, 07:57 AM,
You're in at #30.
Resolve then, that on this very ground, with small flags waving and tinny blasts on tiny trumpets, we shall meet the enemy, and not only may he be ours, he may be us. --Walt Kelly
Send this user an email
01-08-2020, 11:13 PM,
Hi, If you want to have a good rookie to crush, I'll be happy to participate
01-09-2020, 01:03 AM,
(01-07-2020, 04:47 AM)Scud Wrote:
(01-06-2020, 08:58 PM)fritzfarlig Wrote: Non-Combattants:

I dont understand rule number 1, number 2 of course   Helmet Rolleyes

If a unit can't shoot and can't assault, horses, bicycles, truck, for instance, it's considered a non-combatant. You can move those units to the edge of the map and exit them (control+E).

Some players feel that exiting any units from the map denies the players from possible victory points, others feel, if it's in the manual, it's a fair tactic and will remove any unit, threatened or otherwise before their opponent has a chance to kill or assault. Rule 1 is a widely accepted compromise among the community. If it would be preferable to play no exits, I'd be OK with that, but not with exiting anything else.

How does everyone feel?

Dave

oh yes you allow to withdraw those units from the battlefield, because some people consider it as cheating ok clear
01-09-2020, 03:55 AM,
(01-08-2020, 11:13 PM)Quijote Libre Wrote: Hi, If you want to have a good rookie to crush, I'll be happy to participate

Glad to have you. You're in at #31.
Send this user an email
01-09-2020, 07:14 AM,
(01-05-2020, 06:26 AM)Scud Wrote:
The Eric Bonner "Boisforas" 2020 Tournament

Tournament will commence January 15, 2020.

Stay tuned to this page for tournament brackets.

Currently signed-up:
1. Scud
2. Oldbones
3. Zap
4. Big Ivan
5. Kernal t
6. Herr Straße Laufer
7. Warhorse
8. Tiger 88
9. PawelM
10. Nort
11. Dawags
12. Outlaw Josey Wales
13. Dan Caviness
14. Cam
15. Juan Manuel
16. Infantrysoldier223
17. Fritzfarlig
18. Panzerjaeger
19. Deutscher Landser
20. Ed
21. itlnprd
22. Ashcloud

23. John Given
24. Hawk Kriegsman
25. mark_vanroosendaal
26. Oberst
27. Maus Man
28. Scaz
29. Aces8
30. Ade670
31. Quijote Libre

The Rules

(These rules are tentative and subject to change, pending participant input)

NOTE: All participants must be on the latest release of JTCS (v2.02) available at Matrixgames.com. If you own it, updates are available under "my subscriptions" on your page.

All optional rules on, except Extreme Assault (EA) and Virtual Visibility (VV). We will not be using scenarios that call for either.

Non-Combatants:

1. Any non-combatant may be removed from the map. Non-combat units are any units that cannot fire and/or assault., i.e. unarmed trucks, wagons, horses. The idea here is less fodder to worry about = potentially faster turn rate = faster tournament.
  2. Non-combat transport units cannot be used to surround, block movement, block line of sight, draw opportunity fire, or perform "recon" duties.
  3. Dismounted horses should be treated as non-combat transports.

Halftracks:
  1. Use them however you like. They can block, they can assault, as long as they have those capabilities.
  2. Armed trucks (with fire and assault values) are treated as halftracks.

The Bonner Rule:
Play the way Eric would play. He never used "gamey" tactics. He always played fair. He always enjoyed the experience and the camaraderie he felt towards his opponent, more than a win. To Eric, a ladder stat was just not that important. Have fun.

All players, please make note. This is a tournament and it will be greatly appreciated by all players involved to keep moving it forward. Your turn rate is of the upmost importance. We all realize that Real Life (RL) takes precedence over any gaming. However, a lot of you have background games going on at the time of this tournament behind the scenes and we all understand and appreciate that. When this tournament starts we ask that any game turn received back from an opponent within this tournament take precedence over the other games you are playing. In other words, tournament game turns should be played first in order to keep this tourney going. We make this suggestion in order to keep this tournament moving forward and fun for all. There is a big field of players out there and a lot of games within the first few rounds that need to get completed timely. Its going to be a great Campaign Series tournament and I wish fun and luck to all!

Regards and Thank You for your support and understanding!!
Scud (Dave Bracken) 

Von Luck would like to take part if still possible.
01-09-2020, 07:31 AM, (This post was last modified: 01-09-2020, 07:32 AM by Scud.)
Von Luck, in at #32.
Send this user an email
01-09-2020, 12:16 PM,
OMG von Luck is in!! Big Grin 

Cheers!  Cheers3 Cheers4

Glad to have you in John!!

Big Ivan Cigar5