• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

The Eric Bonner "Boisforas" 2020 Tournament
09-17-2020, 06:08 AM,
RE: The Eric Bonner "Boisforas" 2020 Tournament
(09-17-2020, 05:20 AM)Scud Wrote: The final round begins! Ade670 will face Dawags, once again, for the winner-take-all. Dale has not lost a game, whereas Ade (at the hands of Dale) has. Ade faces elimination; if Dale loses there will be one more playoff round.

Condolences to Hawk, who finishes third overall! Nice job.

Good luck guys. The scenario assignment is posted on the first page. You will need to download the custom scenario from the H2H section.

Dave

Its truly a huge map with a high unit count.  Will be challenge for sure.  Quite a contrast to the previous scenario.
Quote this message in a reply
09-17-2020, 07:52 AM,
Change of plans. I have been notified that the chosen scenario is unbalanced, based on a current game being played. In an effort to ensure balance, we're changing the Final scenario to the classic Tank Graveyard at Minsk. Players have been notified.

Thanks,
Dave
Resolve then, that on this very ground, with small flags waving and tinny blasts on tiny trumpets, we shall meet the enemy, and not only may he be ours, he may be us. --Walt Kelly
Send this user an email
09-18-2020, 07:55 AM,
(09-17-2020, 07:52 AM)Scud Wrote: Change of plans. I have been notified that the chosen scenario is unbalanced, based on a current game being played. In an effort to ensure balance, we're changing the Final scenario to the classic Tank Graveyard at Minsk. Players have been notified.

Thanks,
Dave

Just started writing an AAR on this one.   I've thought to keep it to just an effect schematics and general COA dev stuff.  is there a suggested format for this, or can anyone recommend an appropriate level of detail.

Ade
09-18-2020, 08:51 AM,
Ade, if you go into the CS AAR/DAR forum you can get some ideas: https://www.theblitz.club/message_boards...php?fid=72

I've seen all sorts, from turn-by-turn brief one or two sentences, to screenshots with movement arrows and circled notes. Some do it thread-by-thread with each thread a turn, some wait until the end and compile a PDF. No real rules, though I prefer to see more, rather than read more, so screen shots of the turns work best for me. It would be great if Dale would do it too.

I've always wanted to find some volunteers to video record their turns, then compile their game into one long video. Bit of work though.

Dave
Resolve then, that on this very ground, with small flags waving and tinny blasts on tiny trumpets, we shall meet the enemy, and not only may he be ours, he may be us. --Walt Kelly
Send this user an email
11-07-2020, 08:02 AM,
Winner

The tournament has ended with Dawags defeating Ade670 for the top spot. 

Dale is the winner of the tournament, with Adrian in 2nd and Eric "Hawk Kriegsman" finishing third. The final bracket is on the first post in this thread. Congrats guys.

Thanks everyone for honoring our old friend Eric Bonner. I think he'd be proud and honored. I hope everyone had a great time. 

Medals will be awarded just as soon as I get around to it.  Big Grin

Dave
Send this user an email
11-07-2020, 11:45 AM,
Eric Bonner was a good man and a good player!!

It was my honor to recognize him in this tournament!!

Love you Eric, always will!!

God Bless!

John Smile
11-07-2020, 10:10 PM,
What a great tournament, for sure! With the right honoring of our friend  Eric Bonner. Congratulations to Dawags and to Hawk and Adrian who placed.  A shout out to Dave who organized it. Great fun.
11-08-2020, 02:27 AM,
Congrats Dawags! Respect3

It was truly a humbling experience to honor such a departed foe. Salute5
Thanks to all who participated.

Farmer

HSL
11-09-2020, 02:33 AM,
Congrats to Dawags for his 1st place finish.  Well done sir! 

A big thanks to Scud for organizing this. 

So I see it takes about a year for a tourney of this size to play out.

Any thought of making this an annual event?   Whistle
11-10-2020, 06:05 AM,
Great idea to honor Eric in this manner.
Eric and I played a lot of games together, and he was always up for a game.

Thanks to all who I played against, and to all who entered.

Huge thanks to Dave for organizing this whole thing.
I really enjoyed playing some different players.

I have to give a little credit to Dave here though...
The draw put me at the very top of the ladder.
Based on the rules, I was first side in EVERY game.
There were a couple of games where this really made a huge difference.
I beat Pawel, Gil (Oberst), and Adrian (Ade70) in our first match, mostly by being first side, and jumping to early leads.

Sometimes lucky can be good also...

Great job all...

Dale
dawags