• Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Grigsby Beginner opponent found
01-05-2020, 03:39 AM, (This post was last modified: 01-11-2020, 08:47 AM by Up Quark.)
Grigsby Beginner opponent found
Seeking a beginner Grigsby fan to join me in learning one of these games together (I have all the modules, just haven't had sufficient time to devote until now). I do like the WitW air system (perhaps due to more dabbling there than WitE - I like North Africa campaigns).

Long time wargamer, just new to this system. I have been exploring Grigsby's monsters for a while (WitP & AE also), and am ready to explore more competitive play. I have focused on learning the game mechanics until now (over scenario play), and am ready to pursue a full scenario. I don't yet have the advantage of detailed scenario timing of such things as changes in TOE or partisan activities... I am now ready to explore full scenario play. I think it would be more interesting to explore the competitive aspects of the game against a human opponent. I am a process gamer, more interested in the game itself (process) than the result.

I prefer to move slowly (at least at first), maybe 1 turn/week, to get used to the system with pbem play. I don't have a side preference, though paired game sets is an idea I like (concurrent/sequential). I like discussing some of the ongoing game action/mechanics in real time as we proceed, etc. (I also prefer FoW, so nothing which inhibits "sneaky" action which can be discussed later.)

I definitely prefer a beginner level opponent to balance early lack of experience in the system - after a match like this, I would be open to intermediate play against more advanced opponents. (If no beginners step up, I'll play the AI a bit and be back in a few months for an intermediate match...)

Come on Bootcampers, here's a chance to jump in with another minnow - not a shark.  Whip

Drew  Helmet Smile
Quote this message in a reply
01-10-2020, 11:31 AM,
RE: Grigsby Beginner opponent wanted
I'll give it a shot. I'm a definite rookie here but this sounds like a good way to learn.
Tom
01-11-2020, 08:45 AM,
RE: Grigsby Beginner opponent found
(01-10-2020, 11:31 AM)tommict Wrote: I'll give it a shot. I'm a definite rookie here but this sounds like a good way to learn.
Tom

Nice, yes I thought so too. I am sending a follow up to get us started. We'll pick a scenario and explore it from both sides.

Soon enough, we'll be up to speed.  Helmet Rolleyes

Drew